Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
I recently played Archer Assault (Beta), but i have seen people who just do spam-shooting with the Tank (Shotgun Bow). My idea should work as a thing to stop it, and also to balance the game. The idea is: all bows should have a "cooldown". I explain. There should be a detector that detects when the bow is fully charged you can actually shoot (Offensive class is an exception). Also, Offensive class is very over-powered. To balance it a bit, you should make it not like a real machine but like a rifle:
Machine: Toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc.
Rifle: Toc---Toc---Toc---Toc---Toc---Toc.
And add a bit more of damage to it.
Thanks.
-Yakna.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
I recently played Archer Assault (Beta), but i have seen people who just do spam-shooting with the Tank (Shotgun Bow). My idea should work as a thing to stop it, and also to balance the game. The idea is: all bows should have a "cooldown". I explain. There should be a detector that detects when the bow is fully charged you can actually shoot (Offensive class is an exception). Also, Offensive class is very over-powered. To balance it a bit, you should make it not like a real machine but like a rifle:
Machine: Toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc-toc.
Rifle: Toc---Toc---Toc---Toc---Toc---Toc.
And add a bit more of damage to it.
Thanks.
-Yakna.
I dislike this idea as you can also pick the tank kit mid game but you can also have healer kit, bomber. I do think they should add more kits, but bomber is good against tank
So I think the tank kit is fine as it is now. I think the 2-3 second delay would just ruin the kit. Either keep it the way it is now
Or make it like a few miliseconds. An entire second for that kit is just too long
(I used this kit to get a feel of what you are talking about so if I miss anythin then I am sorry)

Well, think about this real situation: A tank spamming on top of us, like 9 blocks above with barriers and us without barriers versus it. You wouldn't like that, right? That's why this idea should balance.
"I dislike this idea as you can also pick the tank kit mid game but you can also have healer kit, bomber." I am sorry, but this phrase has no sense to me. No offense was used here.

Last edited:

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
I've played Archer Assault for quite a bit, and never have I seen this as a problem. It's part of the kit in combination with vanilla mechanics.
Since the tank can spam arrows like that, they have a pretty low range. That's where the demolitionist & offensive kits come into play to counter it.
To be honest, I think the kits are really well balanced at the moment.

Reactions: Yakna

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
"Since the tank can spam arrows like that, they have a pretty low range." You are wrong. All classes that charge the bow can shoot to the vanilla bow's maximum range. I've played with all the classes.
I don't know what you've run into in your time playing archer assault, but I've never had too much trouble with tanks shooting from afar at all.
Thing is: If they charge it up to get a larger range, they'll be wide open to take shots from the opposing team. It's a good kit to keep one or two players back, but it likely won't work out too well against two players of which one has the Offensive kit. Charging back the bow will definitely not keep players back, and will result in a pretty good chance of taking heavy damage. It's pretty risky to charge bows back completely, and usually won't do much for you anyways.
Still: There are plenty of ways to counter this with other kits & tank itself too.

Reactions: Yakna
I dislike this idea as you can also pick the tank kit mid game but you can also have healer kit, bomber. I do think they should add more kits, but bomber is good against tank
So I think the tank kit is fine as it is now. I think the 2-3 second delay would just ruin the kit. Either keep it the way it is now
Or make it like a few miliseconds. An entire second for that kit is just too long
(I used this kit to get a feel of what you are talking about so if I miss anythin then I am sorry)
Just using this kit isn't enough to feel what i talk about. Try playing more times with other classes.

Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
GiGaGekkies wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday
Saw this comment on YT the other day 🤣
IMG_5254.jpeg
Here's the scoreboard I made for BedWars Duos! (Team colors I used may not be used in the actual game)
1713525398483.png
Reesle wrote on Cultvres's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎉
Top Bottom