Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LoveAndMafia

Dedicated Member
Oct 16, 2016
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
HI CUBECRAFTERS!:cube_light:

Today I suggest adding a new "language" to the game, Andalusian!!

I know it is not an official language, but since it is in the game itself (from version 1.16), why not add it to cubecraft ?!
I think that can be funny and interesting.

-
Who can be Andalusian translators? Andalusian translators, preferably people from Andalusia, since they are the ones who use that "language" daily.

1601051714300.png
This is the Andalusian flag!

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Hi! Awesome thread you made here, I'll go into detail as to why this language isn't part of the in-game translations yet and what we would need for it to be part of the network in the future.

If you didn't know, in-game translations are provided by our Translation Team this team is conformed by nearly 300 volunteers who make all of our amazing projects possible. We currently support around 34 languages, 23 of which are involved in the in-game string translation process. Andalusian isn't a part of these, we have no translators for this language. (If only 23 languages do in-game translations, what does the rest do? They translate forum threads, HelpDesk Articles, and important Discord messages.)

We don't get to pick the languages we translate into. Generally, even if we really want to get the network translated into a specific language, without the sufficient amount of translators and activity it's just not viable or sometimes completely impossible for us to support it. It is important that we have decently sized teams filled with active people willing to provide great quality translations.

How do new languages come to be? We don't accept people if they are applying to translate into a language we do not support. But we do keep track of it! If we ever see an increase in applications from people who speak a specific language that we don't already have, we always consider incorporating it into the team, and reaching back to those who got denied in the past.

So is this possible? It might be, currently we don't have an Andalusian team and we have only ever gotten 2 applications for Andalusian in the past months. So it's very unlikely we will start supporting this language, much less translate the whole network into Andalusian. The possibility is there, but we would need a lot more people showing interest, because currently there's barely none.

I hope this answer satisfies your request 🐉

Zathelas

Forum Veteran
Jul 14, 2018
A Skywars Island
I don't think this is necessary. Even though, it's not an official language. Because it exist in Spain it's not needed. They probably can speak fluently speak Spanish. I don't think people really need this for translations.

Reactions: Fayker

ItsSennee

Jul 1, 2020
Hello
This isn't necessary because they speak Spanish as well so there are Spanish translators!
Have a good day! 💎

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
HI CUBECRAFTERS!:cube_light:

Today I suggest adding a new "language" to the game, Andalusian!!

I know it is not an official language, but since it is in the game itself (from version 1.16), why not add it to cubecraft ?!
I think that can be funny and interesting.

-
Who can be Andalusian translators? Andalusian translators, preferably people from Andalusia, since they are the ones who use that "language" daily.

View attachment 177945This is the Andalusian flag!
Andalusian is not an official language as it is just a dialect of Spanish. Just like how Flemish is a variant of Dutch. We don't support dialects.

Just because the language is supported by Minecraft does not mean CubeCraft's Translation Team will start supporting it; Minecraft also has a bunch of fake languages like LOLCAT or Pirate's Speak, but we're not supporting these either.

Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

CrystalLegend01 wrote on savina875's profile.
Thank you for the follow! And welcome to the Forums
MrTommy wrote on Eli's profile.
So ypy finally admitting im good at something :D
Screenshot_20240425_224822_Samsung Internet.jpg
Reesle wrote on The NightGhost02's profile.
Happy Birthday!! 🥳
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Thjis wrote on CubeCraft's profile.
Happy Bday Cube Bedrock!
Top Bottom