• No (must explain why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE POSTING

People didn't seem to understand my intentions in the previous thread, so I'm forced to repost.

How this'll work:

1. Offender commits an offense that requires a warning.
2. Player gathers evidence.
a) Player reports the offender.
b) Offender gets immediately punished.
a) Player reports the offender.
b) Staff apply a warning using a special command (or using an interface, I don't know) onto the offender. The warning stays on the offender's permanent offense record.
The offender gets notified in chat that they've received a warning
The offender will get notified in chat that they've received a warning as soon as they log back on
You have received a warning for <offense>. Further offenses may result in punishment.
d) If the offender commits the same offense again, they will be punished as normal

Why?
-The fact that you have to give a warning does not help with our current situation.
-New people don't know this. Sure, they'll learn after they try to report, but every time this happens, it's someone who gets away with an offense. Not good.
-
For example, someone commits an offense, and is told by a player to stop. Then, the offender exits the lobby, joins a different one, and commits the same offense again until they're told to stop. Then, they join another lobby and commits the same offense again until they're told to stop. Rinse and repeat. Chances are, the offender may never get reported because everyone thinks he stopped committing the offense when he is warned, but this really isn't the case.
-You can't give warnings if you're muted
-If someone says something bad then immediately leaves the lobby, player given warnings will never get to the offender, so they always get away with an offense.
-It's hard to give warnings when you're PvPing or something, unless you want to sacrifice yourself (and possibly you're team if you're the flagbearer in Block Wars or something, or if you're the only one defending your egg).
-Violators may not take player given warnings seriously because they think the player is just trying to be bossy. It's more likely that they will take a generated warning more seriously.
-It's especially absurd when you have to warn teamers/cross-teamers, because they've literally been told that it is bannable when the game starts! If they don't read that text, it's their own fault (besides, they won't read the player given warning either if they can't be bothered to read a bold red warning).
-Sometimes, players giving an offender a warning encourages them to continue their offense.
-Offenders can get salty and start targeting after a warning.

This IS NOT overly complicated to code (if you still think so, you must say why in detail). Heck, the devs can probably copy-paste much of the code from the bans/mutes system.
This WILL NOT give staff more work (if you still think so, you must say why in detail). It's even simpler than giving out bans and mutes, because they won't have to specify a time.

If you think that our current system is "good enough", I suggest you read the text under the "Why?" section.

Last edited:

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
Simpler solution: Just remove the warning altogether. Lets debunk staffs most common answers:
"They might not have read the warning before the game starts"
If they didnt read that they aint reading what you tell them
"Some players dont know its bannable"
A) common sense. If there is a solo and a team gamemode would you really think teaming in solo is allowed. If people are dumb enough to think that and then think the warning in chat is some kind of joke then they should be punished just because they are dumb enough....)
B)If /report had abuse potential why hasnt this thing been removed yet.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Mrawesome590

Jan 15, 2017
Agreed @agent320. As clearly stated if you know if your doing something you obviously know is wrong just stop right away you shouldn't need a warning.

Jul 19, 2016
Taiwan
Agreed with both of you, @CattyCat and @agent320 .
Why do you have to lower your high KDR just to report 1 single hacker? Why not just remove the warnings altogether?
EDIT: Oh god I completely forgot that it is necroposting. Sorry staff but please lock it. @zDutchie

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
Definetly support this, however my problem is this causes an issue when they go to appeal they can say to easily something like "that it never showed up"

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Cool member appreciation moment!:D 💙
ElFlxen_ wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything! :cubie:
ElFlxen_ wrote on mitgobla's profile.
Thanks for everything! :c
UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Top Bottom