Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Among Slimes - Excellent and exciting minigame or just a poor copy of Among Us

In the last two months, a small and forgotten indie game skyrocketed and became one of the most popular games with more than 100 million downloads on mobile and with millions of sold copies on PC. So, today when I joined CubeCraft in an attempt to tryhard LuckyBlock minigame for 14 hours straight, it was no surprise that the Among Us or rather Among Slimes, how it's called on CubeCraft, was added. As every professional and enthusiastic gamer, I decided to try the new Among Slimes minigame. Unfortunately, I have to say that this new minigame was a total miss, and here are the reasons why my opinion is like that:
  1. the entire minigame is unoriginal - I get that this minigame is inspired by the famous Among Us game, but a grain of originality wouldn't hurt
  2. minimap isn't toggleable - in my opinion, minimap should be togglable like in the real game because sometimes map can be obnoxious and useless
  3. the tasks don't hide when the sabotage is active
  4. tasks aren't well displayed on the map, white crossmark near white letters isn't a good indicator for tasks, red one would be much more noticeable
  5. position of map is also a complete miss - almost all the time map is covered by the chat (there will be some geniuses that will suggest hiding the chat, no, we can't do it, we have to communicate in-game), this problem would be solved by implementing toggleable maps
  6. lack of custom setting - for me one of the best things in Among Us is the possibility of custom setting and thus creating custom games, this part of the game is critical for keeping the player base interested in the game
  7. this minigame is too similar to the Murder Mystery - I wouldn't call it a mistake that was caused by bad decisions from the staff team, rather a mistake of the game itself, all in all, it's too similar to the Murder Mystery and thus it doesn't bring many changes to the minigame community or to the server
All in all, Among Slimes, has great potential, but in the current stage, its future isn't promising. With some changes to the minigame, mostly fixing problems that I brought up, and with some new tasks and with some original maps the game could have a bright and secure future with a loyal fanbase.
~ Michael_Reeves - a critic of Minecraft servers, LuckyBlocks try harder and above all, a good man

Last edited:

Muffin

Dedicated Member
Jul 17, 2014
The Barn
Am I the only one who read this as satire? Anyway regardless of the "problems" the game has I don't think it's really fair to say the game's future isn't promising. It just came out! I'm sure there will be plenty of upcoming changes to satisfy players of all sorts, just gotta believe in staff!

Am I the only one who read this as satire? Anyway regardless of the "problems" the game has I don't think it's really fair to say the game's future isn't promising. It just came out! I'm sure there will be plenty of upcoming changes to satisfy players of all sorts, just gotta believe in staff!
Thank you for your response and for your opinion on this delicate topic. Now, to answer your question, no, this isn't satirical text, it's a critic from me and from a good portion of players (note that dozens of players said that Among Slimes isn't great and that they wouldn't recommend it to others). Also, this critic is meant to help staff and to show them the problems that players have with the new minigame, I believe that the staff team can improve Among Slimes.

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
i think the game has a lot of potential, but from what i hear from you it seems like there's room for a lot of improvement, like any new game. the thing im most afraid of is the toxity and getting boring very easily (look at the original game, its insane how toxic people are there because someone votes them out). as you mentioned, its just among us but in minecraft, i personally would rather see a more original game. but hey, its new so all feedback will be important! :)

little edit on the problems im afraid of: cheating!!! like in the original game, people will call and tell who the imposter is, and by that cheat

Exarpo

Jun 29, 2019
the entire minigame is unoriginal - I get that this minigame is inspired by the famous Among Us game, but a grain of originality wouldn't hurt
I don't think the similarity to Among Us is a problem as it is literally supposed to be Among Us.
position of map is also a complete miss - almost all the time map is covered by the chat (there will be some geniuses that will suggest hiding the chat, no, we can't do it, we have to communicate in-game), this problem would be solved by implementing toggleable maps
I don't think there is a better way to display the map in minecraft actually at it is not possible to create custom UI like this in java edition at this time. Also a tip, you can press F3+T to clear the chat :D.
y my opinion is like that:
lack of custom setting - for me one of the best things in Among Us is the possibility of custom setting and thus creating custom games, this part of the game is critical for keeping the player base interested in the game
Yeah I agree with this, settings would be a great addition.
y my opinion is like that:
this minigame is too similar to the Murder Mystery - I wouldn't call it a mistake that was caused by bad decisions from the staff team, rather a mistake of the game itself, all in all, it's too similar to the Murder Mystery and thus it doesn't bring many changes to the minigame community or to the server
There isn't a Murder Mystery gamemode in cubecraft so I feel like the similarity to Murder Mystery isn't a problem.

I also like your ideas regarding more maps and tasks aswell as the implementation of settings, I may write a suggestion on that :D.

Other than that, you are right about the fact that this is a copy of Among Us, but I still think this was a great idea because even if it's mostly copied, the fact that it's in minecraft makes it a bit different.
<3

Kylo2532

Jun 11, 2020
Among Slimes - Excellent and exciting minigame or just a poor copy of Among Us

In the last two months, a small and forgotten indie game skyrocketed and became one of the most popular games with more than 100 million downloads on mobile and with millions of sold copies on PC. So, today when I joined CubeCraft in an attempt to tryhard LuckyBlock minigame for 14 hours straight, it was no surprise that the Among Us or rather Among Slimes, how it's called on CubeCraft, was added. As every professional and enthusiastic gamer, I decided to try the new Among Slimes minigame. Unfortunately, I have to say that this new minigame was a total miss, and here are the reasons why my opinion is like that:
  1. the entire minigame is unoriginal - I get that this minigame is inspired by the famous Among Us game, but a grain of originality wouldn't hurt
  2. minimap isn't toggleable - in my opinion, minimap should be togglable like in the real game because sometimes map can be obnoxious and useless
  3. the tasks don't hide when the sabotage is active
  4. tasks aren't well displayed on the map, white crossmark near white letters isn't a good indicator for tasks, red one would be much more noticeable
  5. position of map is also a complete miss - almost all the time map is covered by the chat (there will be some geniuses that will suggest hiding the chat, no, we can't do it, we have to communicate in-game), this problem would be solved by implementing toggleable maps
  6. lack of custom setting - for me one of the best things in Among Us is the possibility of custom setting and thus creating custom games, this part of the game is critical for keeping the player base interested in the game
  7. this minigame is too similar to the Murder Mystery - I wouldn't call it a mistake that was caused by bad decisions from the staff team, rather a mistake of the game itself, all in all, it's too similar to the Murder Mystery and thus it doesn't bring many changes to the minigame community or to the server
All in all, Among Slimes, has great potential, but in the current stage, its future isn't promising. With some changes to the minigame, mostly fixing problems that I brought up, and with some new tasks and with some original maps the game could have a bright and secure future with a loyal fanbase.
~ Michael_Reeves - a critic of Minecraft servers, LuckyBlocks try harder and above all, a good man
I do agree with this, but it has incredible potential, and will also probably bring thousands of new players to Cubecraft. One of the staff has confirmed that they will make many more updates to evolve it into it's own game.

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
lack of custom setting - for me one of the best things in Among Us is the possibility of custom setting and thus creating custom games, this part of the game is critical for keeping the player base interested in the game
These are coming to private games in the future, the system is just in early beta right now and it wasn't a feature we decided to have on release.

the tasks don't hide when the sabotage is active
What sabotage do you mean? Comms is the only one that's supposed to hide them.

Reactions: Marieke2001

Taxy

Sep 24, 2020
Austin, Texas
Hi there, when you say that its future isn't promising, I would kindly object. The reason is that most players on Cubecraft are going to that game, with over 500 on Java each day.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
happy eggday
Mintypie231 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!! 🎂🎈
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🎈
yeoxuhang wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉🎂
Top Bottom