Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
If you go into double income mode, this is pretty much the only defense people use.
The thing's expensive, but once you've upgraded your goldmine to max (which is not difficult), 2710 coins is a paltry price for a power defense that can be spammed.

Rawrbin

Dedicated Member
May 5, 2019
the Eastside of America
If you go into double income mode, this is pretty much the only defense people use.
The thing's expensive, but once you've upgraded your goldmine to max (which is not difficult), 2710 coins is a paltry price for a power defense that can be spammed.
Nope, when I used to play TD, 90% of all placed towers used to be only Explosive Archer Towers.
Worked really well to be honest, and it gave a satisfying feeling. :)

Reactions: its_Marto03

Snivy Films

Jun 3, 2016
[Location Unknown]
Archer with the kaboom arrows, with a mix of troops that spawns entities (cant remember the names currently), and some mages it is basically an impenetrable defense sometimes so much so that the server lags

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
In my opinion they are the only real way to protect your tower from a huge waves of mobs.They are the most efficient thing, especially if you have placed a lot of them all over the usable slots.
I just think they are okay and not overpowered, because they are the only thing which can save you in harder situations which often occur in double income/horde Armageddon mode.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I agree with you. There should be some revamping of the tower upgrade paths so each path is viable, but maybe has certain situations that they are beneficial in.
Having a tower that is good across the board and can be spammed really removes a lot of strategy out of a game of this type. It can even attack ground and air troops.

A simple solution would be making the two paths different. Having the top path be air defence only, and the bottom be ground defence only. That way you have to mix both types in to your defences if you want to spam, or adapt your defences to the current attack. There can be even more complex solutions like reimagining the archer towers to be more balanced or other towers to be more viable on large scale defence.

Reactions: GladiusYugen

Lars Simonis

Apr 18, 2020
This is very true, if you have double income it is pretty hard to win the game if the enemy has rushed level IV archer towers.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
In my opinion they are the only real way to protect your tower from a huge waves of mobs.They are the most efficient thing, especially if you have placed a lot of them all over the usable slots.
I just think they are okay and not overpowered, because they are the only thing which can save you in harder situations which often occur in double income/horde Armageddon mode.
I think that's the problem, that they are the only viable option. The consequences is that there is only one good defensive strategy. I'd like to see a greater diversity in defensive playstyle.
Either archer towers are overpowered, or everything else is underpowered.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I think that's the problem, that they are the only viable option. The consequences is that there is only one good defensive strategy. I'd like to see a greater diversity in defensive playstyle.
Okay, maybe I wasn’t really correct by saying the archer towers are the best defensive weapon.
Combinations from quake, poison, mage and ice towers are also good, especially if you ,,spam them”.
Sorcerer towers plus artillery and Zeus towers are also a good combination which can be helpful.
There are many ways which can help you to counter strong groups of mobs, which proves there are some other ways, however I’m still feeling like explosive archers are the most efficient way to deal with stronger trops as well as you do.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Okay, maybe I wasn’t really correct by saying the archer towers are the best defensive weapon.
Combinations from quake, poison, mage and ice towers are also good, especially if you ,,spam them”.
Sorcerer towers plus artillery and Zeus towers are also a good combination which can be helpful.
There are many ways which can help you to counter strong groups of mobs, which proves there are some other ways, however I’m still feeling like explosive archers are the most efficient way to deal with stronger trops as well as you do.
Only problem is that no one really uses the other combinations.

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
Only problem is that no one really uses the other combinations.
I have played over 150 tower defence games and I have played with a lot of players.
Only experienced ones mix up the towers and use tactics, but the average Tower Defence player is just using one tower because someone told them it’s the best, or they just randomly spam them while thinking it doesn’t matter where you place the towers.
It’s quite rare to see players which know what they are doing in this gamode.

Reactions: MoonHuntress

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have played over 150 tower defence games and I have played with a lot of players.
Only experienced ones mix up the towers and use tactics, but the average Tower Defence player is just using one tower because someone told them it’s the best, or they just randomly spam them while thinking it doesn’t matter where you place the towers.
It’s quite rare to see players which know what they are doing in this gamode.
I have over 250 wins in TD, and my favorite defensive strategy in double income is still to spam archer towers in the front row, with the occasional ice, quake, and mage tower.
In the back row, it depends, but usually I place zeus tower there.
Am I missing something?

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I have over 250 wins in TD, and my favorite defensive strategy in double income is still to spam archer towers in the front row, with the occasional ice, quake, and mage tower.
In the back row, it depends, but usually I place zeus tower there.
Am I missing something?
Artillery is one of the best and most important towers for defending, because it will slow the enemies by a lot.
Don’t miss it, it’s important if you want to stay alive without getting attacked even once.

TheZigbot9000

Dedicated Member
Jan 3, 2016
The North Obsidian Pillar in The End

I agree with you on this. When gathering information for the Tower Defence Guides i tried out different strategies and the archer towers seem to be the only effective strat. Even the Leech Tower doesn't seem to be as powerful as it should be and, considering how long it takes to charge its beam, should deal a lot more damage. If there were other more reliable ways to defend your castle, Ex: Slightly buffing the offensive power of other towers, this will open up the option to nerf the Archer Tower. There's no need for a single tower to be the ONLY method of defense. Archer Tower doesn't need to be treated like Flex Seal here.

Haunted

Apr 25, 2020
Technically Archer towers and Mages will be able to thwart any kind of mob, as archers can attack anything except invis spiders and mages take care of that. The best thing about archer towers is that they are amphibious in the way that they can attack both land and air mobs which makes it extremely valuably to spam in the game. It's also a cheaper option than zeus towers at attacking blazes and it can attack pigman and wither skeleton alike which some towers are useless against one of them(tnt)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy Birthday mister Ducky 🎉🥳
BurgerCat13 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday Kloskyy!!!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy bday 🥳
Xi1m wrote on Kloska's profile.
happy birthday!!