Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Gives ToggleSprint modifications advantage? and should it be allowed according to you?

• ToggleSprint gives unfair advantage.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • ToggleSprint doesn't give unfair advantage.

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Yes, It should be allowed on the server.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • No, it shouldn't be allowed on the server.

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters
E

Empty Inside

So basically as the title says, allow the mod ToggleSprint. I mean how gives it an unfair advantage during gameplay. It just gives you convenience, if you want to argue about that, then what are general mods for? yea they're made to make your in-game experience more convenient. However even if it gave you advantage, what about Damage indicators, it shows someone's health which makes it way easier to make decisions, such as running away if you know you're losing, As well as it makes you able to see players while they're shifting/through walls, cause of the health tags

Anyways, back to ToggleSprint. I've noticed the new AC actually bans people for using ToggleSprint. Like permanent getting banned on the server for using a mod that allows you to sprint? What about I glue my CTRL button makes me that a rule-breaker? I could make a macro as well to do the same thing as togglesprint. Say if I hit CTRL, it will keep my sprint key held down until I hit CTRL again. Thats all the mod does. So I'm really curious how it gives an advantage.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I agree for togglesprint as:
1. Mac computers can have togglesprint in vanilla by remapping their sprint key to caps lock. :P

This makes it unfair for windows users to ban the mod. But I don't want toggle sneak allowed as it keeps you sneaking while in chat or in a chest. :P

Reactions: Empty Inside

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
I mean is it that hard to customize your control till you can use the sprint key more easily? Or manageable? Hardly a thing you need.

Reactions: Empty Inside

Max ♠

Forum Expert
Feb 20, 2016
North pole
I agree for togglesprint as:
1. Mac computers can have togglesprint in vanilla by remapping their sprint key to caps lock. :p

This makes it unfair for windows users to ban the mod. But I don't want toggle sneak allowed as it keeps you sneaking while in chat or in a chest. :p
You can do some fancy stuff in windows to make it work the same way

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Yet that doesn't give you too much of an advantage in PvP. Sure you can use it to easily clean when time is good. But overall not necessarily helping you.
Damage indicators have let me win a fight at least 300 times.
Knowing how low they are, I can know if I can try reckless movements to throw them off (and potentially throw me off)
There were many cases where I compared my dealt damage and my taken damage to see if I can win the fight, and I managed to stay alive because of it.

Reactions: Basketman

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Damage indicators have let me win a fight at least 300 times.
Knowing how low they are, I can know if I can try reckless movements to throw them off (and potentially throw me off)
There were many cases where I compared my dealt damage and my taken damage to see if I can win the fight, and I managed to stay alive because of it.

I don't use damage indicators, but I can guess the health of a player depending on the hits they have taken. This has gotten me thousands of kills. If you play often enough, or take certain things into account, you become a human damage indicator. However this does not provide an advantage compared to toggle sprint :/.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
I don't use damage indicators, but I can guess the health of a player depending on the hits they have taken. This has gotten me thousands of kills. If you play often enough, or take certain things into account, you become a human damage indicator. However this does not provide an advantage compared to toggle sprint :/.
Unless they happened to have full hunger with 20 saturation.
That gives them a lot of extra regen during a fight, and it's impossible to tell how much saturation they have.
In vanilla, it's impossible to even see how much saturation you have yourself.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Unless they happened to have full hunger with 20 saturation.
That gives them a lot of extra regen during a fight, and it's impossible to tell how much saturation they have.
In vanilla, it's impossible to even see how much saturation you have yourself.

That's kind of the point with damage indicators. It tells you the health of the player, so you can make the choice of running or fighting. It doesn't really matter if you don't have damage indicators, since most of the time you would eventually fight it out. With toggle sprint, you can continuously gain advantage in PvP: as you don't have to worry about letting go of that crtl, constant w taps, etc.

Smart PvP VS PvP crutches

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
That's kind of the point with damage indicators. It tells you the health of the player, so you can make the choice of running or fighting. It doesn't really matter if you don't have damage indicators, since most of the time you would eventually fight it out. With toggle sprint, you can continuously gain advantage in PvP: as you don't have to worry about letting go of that crtl, constant w taps, etc.
And if you run due to your opponent's health being higher than yours, doesn't mean you have to fight that same person later on. With damage indicators you can potentially save yourself at a point in a match. It can tell you that you won't be able to deal enough damage in time.
You can get the same effect as toggle spring by resting your hand on the ctrl key, and to be honest, in 1.9 togglesprint isn't even that great as you're not able to land a critical hit if you're sprinting.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
And if you run due to your opponent's health being higher than yours, doesn't mean you have to fight that same person later on. With damage indicators you can potentially save yourself at a point in a match. It can tell you that you won't be able to deal enough damage in time.
You can get the same effect as toggle spring by resting your hand on the ctrl key, and to be honest, in 1.9 togglesprint isn't even that great as you're not able to land a critical hit if you're sprinting.

You forget about the 1.8 part of this server.

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
www.cubecraft.net
You forget about the 1.8 part of this server.
Fair enough on only the "landing crits" part, but the rest wasn't really countered, was it?
In 1.8, you can drop someone in seconds if you surprise them. With damage indicators, you can easily see about how long it'll take to kill someone if you see their remaining health. 1.8 also doesn't have the insane saturation regen, so there won't be any weirdness going on with regen during the fight.
If you're (example) in full leather up against someone in full iron, you'd probably avoid him if you knew that you're both on full HP. If the iron guy was at 4 hearts though, then you'd probably go for the kill since it's highly unlikely for you to lose.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Fair enough on only the "landing crits" part, but the rest wasn't really countered, was it?
In 1.8, you can drop someone in seconds if you surprise them. With damage indicators, you can easily see about how long it'll take to kill someone if you see their remaining health. 1.8 also doesn't have the insane saturation regen, so there won't be any weirdness going on with regen during the fight.
If you're (example) in full leather up against someone in full iron, you'd probably avoid him if you knew that you're both on full HP. If the iron guy was at 4 hearts though, then you'd probably go for the kill since it's highly unlikely for you to lose.

I see your point, but let's set a standard. Both players are equally geared and full health. Damage indicators wouldn't provide too much advantage, while toggle sprint would provide more. It's the difference between in fight and before fight.

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I see your point, but let's set a standard. Both players are equally geared and full health. Damage indicators wouldn't provide too much advantage, while toggle sprint would provide more. It's the difference between in fight and before fight.
As I said before in other threads damage indicators allows you to spam click opponents in 1.9 pvp and if both players had an axe and sword combo the damage indicator user would be able to tell which weapon they should use better.

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
As I said before in other threads damage indicators allows you to spam click opponents in 1.9 pvp and if both players had an axe and sword combo the damage indicator user would be able to tell which weapon they should use better.
Uh I don't think I understood you properly, but you're saying damage indicators gives you the advantage of what weapon you want to use? But that would hardly matter if you can't kill the person.

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Cool 🐧
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
You are the coolest polar bear I know:D
Eli
Woo, 7,000 reaction score!!
HyperPal wrote on Ge1ster's profile.
Noot
Top Bottom