Votes: 10 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Everyone's moaning about your parents their decision in not letting you make a Youtube channel lol

Vimeo or whatever doesn't sound like a good option, what about being able to upload clips directly from your computer though? o.o

Keanu

Forum Veteran
Jan 5, 2017
Maastricht, the Netherlands
youtu.be
Vimeo or whatever doesn't sound like a good option, what about being able to upload clips directly from your computer though? o.o

Okie, how much MB is an average video of 2 minutes? 6mb? Lets say 50 video reports are made on one day. 50x6=300mb required a day. That’s 300x7=2100mb aka 2,1ish gb. That’s 2,1x52(weeks)=109gb a year of data which has to be saved and kept. No thank you.

May 1, 2019
Allowing download links to videos may to turn out to be a safety hazard. What if the link contains a virus, and that virus infects your computer. Please, no. Download links should not be allowed, but other video sharing sites without download links should be allowed.
That’s why the website would only take things like MP4. You upload it directly to Cubecraft.
I don't think it's a big deal

So. You're not allowed to upload on YouTube,but your parents are fine with you uploading on other sites..?
Don’t have to sign up on them.

Upload it as unlisted or smth but that’s no reason to fully change the system (think of all the code that has to be changed)
Fully change the system? We would change one aspect of it to allow other video evidence. And once again, I’m not going to upload a video of a hacker to YouTube as I am currently not allowed. It’s the one and only restriction I have right now, why would I not follow it?

Honestly, people are arguing against this thread because it’s easy to upload to YouTube, but it doesn’t mean that should be the only source of evidence. I think that this is a necessary change for the better rather than only YouTube. Allow third-party websites or uploading directly. Not everyone can or wants to upload to YouTube, and I think that should be taken into account.

May 1, 2019
Okie, how much MB is an average video of 2 minutes? 6mb? Lets say 50 video reports are made on one day. 50x6=300mb required a day. That’s 300x7=2100mb aka 2,1ish gb. That’s 2,1x52(weeks)=109gb a year of data which has to be saved and kept. No thank you.
They don’t have to keep all video evidence. Store it for like a week, if the hacker doesn’t appeal, they don’t get a chance. Even on YouTube, the person could remove the video after report being accepted, and they would lose the evidence, it’s safer this way.

I’ve coded websites before and html or even JavaScript/C# report forms don’t take that long to change.

Last edited:

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
They don’t have to keep all video evidence. Store it for like a week, if the hacker doesn’t appeal, they don’t get a chance. Even on YouTube, the person could remove the video after report being accepted, and they would lose the evidence, it’s safer this way.
But storing it for a week is not how it works. The moderator that banned the member must be able to provide evidence of the ban or must’ve seen the player cheating in game. By removing that evidence every member that appeals should automatically be unbanned. Also when evidence is being deleted, the staff member cannot look back on it to see if it’s false or real evidence, if there are any doubts if they really used cheats and etc.
PS: when the youtube video gets removed, members automatically get unbanned if they appeal. That’s already an existing rule.

Basketman

Forum Expert
Jan 28, 2015
Belgium
Okey imagine you do it with a week. That means that every mod that deals with the reports needs to keep the files for the entire week. Let’s say that the mod handles 50 reports a day. That’s 350 videos that he has to store on his laptop/ desktop. And he has to keep track on which videos he has to keep and which he can delete. So the mods have to make a big organisation of folders to keep it clean.

Besides that what if a player gets reported when he is on vacation. He won’t notice it until he is back and that will probably be after a week. This player has no chance to get an unban.

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
Don’t have to sign up on them.
You said you had to wait until the summer before you can upload anything:
My parents are waiting until the summer until I can have a channel (Cause of school) and they say I can’t upload anything until then.
So why can't you upload on YT, which doesn't even include your face. It just includes a minecraft gameplay,but you can upload on another site?

May 1, 2019
You said you had to wait until the summer before you can upload anything:

So why can't you upload on YT, which doesn't even include your face. It just includes a minecraft gameplay,but you can upload on another site?
First, they said I can’t upload to YouTube. Not to a website that requires no sign up. Second, cause they said I can’t. Plain and simple.

But storing it for a week is not how it works. The moderator that banned the member must be able to provide evidence of the ban or must’ve seen the player cheating in game. By removing that evidence every member that appeals should automatically be unbanned. Also when evidence is being deleted, the staff member cannot look back on it to see if it’s false or real evidence, if there are any doubts if they really used cheats and etc.
PS: when the youtube video gets removed, members automatically get unbanned if they appeal. That’s already an existing rule.

You realize that on stuff like Vimeo and Google Drive, the files are still stored. Also, I could report with YouTube, after it being accepted, delete the video, so either way the proof is technically never safe unless the staff downloads it.
Okey imagine you do it with a week. That means that every mod that deals with the reports needs to keep the files for the entire week. Let’s say that the mod handles 50 reports a day. That’s 350 videos that he has to store on his laptop/ desktop. And he has to keep track on which videos he has to keep and which he can delete. So the mods have to make a big organisation of folders to keep it clean.

Besides that what if a player gets reported when he is on vacation. He won’t notice it until he is back and that will probably be after a week. This player has no chance to get an unban.

Well then keep them stored on the website. Or, just allow third-party websites. It would still be stored online without YouTube in a third party website like multiple listed.

mitgobla

Marketplace Coordinator
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
🎨 Designer
🖌️ Sr. Designer
Dec 11, 2018
Wales, United Kingdom
ben-dodd.com
Pronouns
He/Him
That’s why the website would only take things like MP4. You upload it directly to Cubecraft.
This would be extremely expensive and difficult to setup. The vast amount of storage servers Cube would have to purchase would not make this a worthwhile upgrade. Plus security software would be required to check all these files, which adds more cost to it.

I’ve coded websites before and html or even JavaScript/C# report forms don’t take that long to change.
Yes a form is extremely easy to update, but that doesn't do anything for the entire backend of the webserver. Much more code would be needed to manage all the files, databasing, archiving, etc. Again, this is extremely expensive for a server with a lot of active users.

Vimeo and Google Drive, the files are still stored. Also, I could report with YouTube, after it being accepted, delete the video, so either way the proof is technically never safe unless the staff downloads it.
These sites have the same problem you're describing with YouTube. You can delete the video from Google Drive or Vimeo and it will not be safe.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
You can delete YouTube videos.
These sites have the same problem you're describing with YouTube. You can delete the video from Google Drive or Vimeo and it will not be safe.
Don't think they'll change it due to one member not being able to upload on youtube. There is nothing wrong with the system and nothing should be changed als it costs more time than its worth. I get your view of point, but there is just no need for it. Don't let this stop your motivation to report players once you are able to though!

Reactions: Sweetenerera
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday 🥳
dvodany wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy b-day! 🍰
WorriedSkate940 wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
Happy birthday!!!
denki_kiri wrote on savina875's profile.
Thanks for the follow :D
Desiderata wrote on Egg🥚's profile.
eggs age over time

how curious
Top Bottom