Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
When doing reports it is currently required that I take my .mov or .mp4 file and upload it to youtube, at least for me uploading a video takes a very long time (20+ mins) and in this time a cheater has had the opportunity to go and ruin the game for other people I suggest that .mov and .mp4 files be suitable for evidence so that we get quicker punishments and cheaters are not given the opportunity to play 5+ games while someone is uploading a video to youtube.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Ok, I 100% agree with this, the number of reports would go up if they did this. However, the problem is storage. YouTube's servers are extremely high tech and funded while I'm sure this isn't the case for Cubecraft. Cubecraft can't fit these videos into their servers which is why they use sites like YouTube to store them. It would be nice if they let you use other video sites though.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
currently im trying to upload a 7 min video and it will take 4 hours. In that time this cheater wouldve ruined the game for 100+ others. That seems like an issue to me

KidBit

Dedicated Member
May 9, 2016
Maple Syrup Land
currently im trying to upload a 7 min video and it will take 4 hours
They don't accept videos that are longer than 5 minutes.

Anyways, I don't agree with this. I think that how it works now is good. the report site is for users to report a player who you caught cheating. The staff team isn't constantly looking at the reports. It can take days before your report is seen. So, hoping that because being able to use new video formatting on reports will have staff handle reports quicker. It isn't going to, The staff look at reports when they can. And sometimes they can be very busy IRL.

So, I don't agree with this because it wouldn't change anything. It would take the same amount of time as it always does for reports to be handled. No set time.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
They don't accept videos that are longer than 5 minutes.
i can crop once its uploaded, just not before.

So, I don't agree with this because it wouldn't change anything. It would take the same amount of time as it always does for reports to be handled. No set time.
I disagree with this. it would change, by having cheaters reported 3-5 mins after they are seen instead of 30-50 would result in much less cheaters even if reports are handled at the same rate. This issue is that everyone sees cheaters because after they are found it takes upwards of 1 hour for them to be punished, this leads to overlap where there is always cheaters because by the time they are punished more come, by shortening their time on the server it would give the illusion that there are a lot less of them.

Last edited:

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
This was my reply to a similar topic:
Uploading videos directly to the website is not really an option. It takes large amounts of storage to keep videos, so it would be quite expensive for Cube to implement a system that could keep evidence for months/years as more and more people report. Screenshots take significantly less space, so you can store hundreds of thousands of screenshots easily.
That is why we use a third party site like YouTube. Free to create an account so anyone is able to do so, and then you just link your evidence once it is uploaded.

We are aware that not everyone can or wants to record videos to report rule breaking players. This is the reason why /report became a thing. It is for the convenience of the players. Before this, there was no choice expect to record and report if you wanted to make sure they got punished.

I also believe that uploading evidence directly to the report site would be slower than using YouTube. I am no network expert, but it is my understanding that the reason why it takes long to upload evidence is because of your upload speed (actually sending the data to the database). YouTube has been optimized for this and has centers all around the world. Cubecraft is not set up for this so you would have to be sending data to their storage center (so longer distances for most people than a YouTube one) which means slower uploads.

I do support allowing more sites for videos to be linked from. I see no reason to keep it to YouTube only.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
the reason this:
Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 8.16.50 PM.png

happens on YouTube is because they decompress videos download them and then recompress them, which is amazing for video quality but is about as bad as possible for upload speed. So it is pretty much the worst possible platform for something like this.

Growlithe99

Sep 1, 2019
One quick and easy option that I frequently use is simply uploading the video evidence to Google Drive, and posting a google drive link of that evidence in my hacker report. The entire process only takes me a few minutes, and it's proved to be successful! It's a great alternative compared to having to waste 20+ minutes uploading the video to YouTube.

ItzEnd3r

Forum Expert
Aug 18, 2019
Boulder
www.cubecraft.net
One quick and easy option that I frequently use is simply uploading the video evidence to Google Drive, and posting a google drive link of that evidence in my hacker report. The entire process only takes me a few minutes, and it's proved to be successful! It's a great alternative compared to having to waste 20+ minutes uploading the video to YouTube.
if this works you just saved me 5 hours of uploading..... tysm

xCam39x

Dec 9, 2019
if this works you just saved me 5 hours of uploading..... tysm
Another option which I always use is imgur, and you don't even have to make an account. The upload process is about 20 seconds for me, but i always try to keep videos to 30 seconds or less.

Reactions: Growlithe99
Apr 7, 2020
I agree with this, If we can get hackers out faster than the game will be more enjoyable for others and they won't ruin the game for players. imo if its video evidence then its video evidence, the more prompt the better.

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
To go further on what TheBrownster said, that might influence it a bit for some people but the biggest problem with uploading it directly to CubeCraft's servers is that they simply don't enough space for it. Uploading all this evidence and keeping it is just not possible for CubeCraft.

I do support allowing more sites for videos to be linked from. I see no reason to keep it to YouTube only.
If they implement a system where they can check if they given link really lead to something and check if it is not a duplicate, this should really be the case!

Growlithe99

Sep 1, 2019
Guys, as xCam39x previously mentioned, Imgur is another viable way to provide video evidence. I just tested it out, and by far it is the best way to provide video evidence for hacker reports I've seen yet! Just search up "imgur upload" on Google, and you can upload your video without even having to make an account: it'll provide you a shareable link, which you can paste onto your hacker report. The entire process literally took me just a couple minutes.

KevinKaasKat

Apr 12, 2020
When doing reports it is currently required that I take my .mov or .mp4 file and upload it to youtube, at least for me uploading a video takes a very long time (20+ mins) and in this time a cheater has had the opportunity to go and ruin the game for other people I suggest that .mov and .mp4 files be suitable for evidence so that we get quicker punishments and cheaters are not given the opportunity to play 5+ games while someone is uploading a video to youtube.
I also got a mp4 thingy with a hacker, but i cant upload it, so i used WeTransfer and turned it into a link

Finally, SOMEONE SAID IT! I think it is extremely annoying making my youtube channel have all of these videos that are of hackers and lack entertainment value.

_PedroPF_

Jan 27, 2016
Portugal
twitch.tv
Finally, SOMEONE SAID IT! I think it is extremely annoying making my youtube channel have all of these videos that are of hackers and lack entertainment value.
You can always set those videos to private, only accessible through direct link that you provide during the report I guess

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday!
GiGaGekkies wrote on Mivke's profile.
Gefeliciteerd
new prefix dropped🔥🔥
IMG_9015.jpeg
UncleSpect wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congratss man! when 1000 👀
UncleSpect wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom