Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

OnlyTijmen

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2016
Netherlands
trailoffriends.com
Pronouns
He/Him
I strongly disagree with this point. Requiring a photocopy of your identification method is not something CubeCraft should do.
There are multiple reasons for this.
1: While I do believe the servers of cubecraft are safe 1 data breach can leak a lot of very valuable information of people, which could lead to identity fraud.

2: There might be inexperienced people that do not know that they should blur certain things on their ID card, which can put them at an even greater risk of theft.

3: The minimum age of 14 would mean not everyone has a proper way to identify themselves

4: Requiring a photocopy might scare a lot of potential staff members off, because it can be an infringement of privacy, and people do not feel great about sharing their real name/what they look like

5: CubeCraft has no way of confirming the photocopy provided by you is actually yours, since most of the users use an IGN that has nothing to do with their name

6: This role is based on trust. By cubecraft forcing to share your ID, the whole factor of trusting is gone, which might already make people start off at a bad note.

Salty_Shadows

Forum Expert
May 25, 2020
Underground
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Most people lie about age. I suggest you to add a new request, which is to photograph your identity card as evidence, and the photo is protected, and not published on any of my sites because many people lie easily. :agree: :pride:
This is not a good idea at all. No one will have ID to share and i don't think anyone wants to share their ID for a moderation/helper role for a Minecraft server. This would also be problematic if there is a data breach and the ids are found. And staff can tell if you have lied about your age and the age requirements is only 14 so there is no real reason to lie about it

Imminent

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2021
The internet
Pronouns
He/Him
I disagree with your suggestion to ask for a photograph of the user's identity card as evidence of their age. While it's true that some people may lie about their age, asking for sensitive personal information like this is invasive and potentially dangerous. Additionally, there are many reasons why someone may not feel comfortable sharing this information, even if they are being honest about their age. It's important to create a safe and respectful community where users feel comfortable sharing their thoughts and experiences without fear of being judged or scrutinized. Some people also simply just don't have an ID to give out and it would make the helper process way more difficult (considering the costs of IDs depending on where the user lives)

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada
Most people lie about age. I suggest you to add a new request, which is to photograph your identity card as evidence, and the photo is protected, and not published on any of my sites because many people lie easily. :agree: :pride:
I disagree. I agree that lots of people do lie, but they don’t need ID. One of the requirements of helper is using Discord voice calls. The Mods, Admins could verify somebody’s identity judging by their voice.

gaIaxy

Feb 28, 2020
your mom's house
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
They/Them
Theres several problems with this idea though. For one a security breach could result in leaked info, second the requirement is only to be 14 and 14 year olds usually do not have IDs (I didn't have one until I was 15.5, which is my states age to obtain a driving permit) Third is that some people have deadnames and would not want to give out an ID for that reason. It also wouldn't even stop people under 14 from becoming helper/moderator as they could just find a picture of a fake ID or take their parents ID and use that.

Imminent

Novice Member
Jul 13, 2021
The internet
Pronouns
He/Him
Theres several problems with this idea though. For one a security breach could result in leaked info, second the requirement is only to be 14 and 14 year olds usually do not have IDs (I didn't have one until I was 15.5, which is my states age to obtain a driving permit) Third is that some people have deadnames and would not want to give out an ID for that reason. It also wouldn't even stop people under 14 from becoming helper/moderator as they could just find a picture of a fake ID or take their parents ID and use that.
So close to a necro, but this is true

legendaryfox977

Dedicated Member
Apr 12, 2022
Dubai
Pronouns
He/Him
Well don’t you think that using ID card as evidence is kinda too far?

• Agree
Reactions: wer2wer2
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Verideta wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
congrats on 500 messages!
Mintypie231 wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈 🎉
Mintypie231 wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎂 🎉
Basketman wrote on Mivke's profile.
Happy Birthday Mivke 🥳
Basketman wrote on SanderVDB29's profile.
Happy Birthday 🎉
Top Bottom