Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
This discussion focuses on BlockWars modes, try to stay on topic!

agatecarrot517

Novice Member
Jan 26, 2023
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Pronouns
He/Him
As many of you might know I love playing CTF , in fact it is my favourite game mode in CubeCraft!

So I have being thinking of this list a long time ago, but anyways, Here are my most recommended strategies in CTF:

•This ones work for both normal CTF and Giga Blockwars CTF:

1. When to go offensive and when to go and protect your flag:
If you see a lot of people together in your base just killing without getting the flag quickly then you attack and try to avoid them as much as you can, but if they are fast go and protect your flag.

2. Your major priority for protecting is not your flag:
I know this might seem off, but trust me, your major priority must be Diamonds (if there is) and Iron from both teams.
Many people go to the diamonds before the wales fall: the first thing you should do is kill them also if you see that they take a lot of iron and then diamonds because if not it is very easy for them to kill you and your team will not be able to progress or even get out of your base.
How to kill them?
The best moment to kill them when they have better gear or you are terrible at PvP (like me) is when they’re mining or crafting because if you strike from the back it will be difficult to prevent that and to fight. Use the void and fall damage! You can use the void and fall damage to kill the easy, just remember to push them wile sprinting because the knock back will be larger.

3. Attacking in group might not be the best idea.
This happens because when you attack in group most of the time you attack 1-3 people at the same time and if someone can pass without them realising it is easy to pass the heavy resistance, get the flag, and with some skill and luck bypass them and capture the flag. The same you can use when the rivals are attacking as a team.

4. Do never and by no circumstances spawn attack (Specially in Giga Blockwars).
What do I mean with Spawn Attack?
That’s when the other team is near your spawn and kills you so you can’t make any progress.
That’s because the team you’re attacking can respawn quickly and kill you because your team will have to came all the way meanwhile the victim has it very close and if you have iron or diamonds and you die you will have to mine for the time being the victim will win the fight.
In Giga Blockwars there is more people who fight and respawn quickly, it’s true that in this game mode the full diamonds are a lot so they work together, but if the enemy can trap them with no escape in spawn it’s very likely the will die.

5. If you see someone without his/her helmet, do not fight with him/her (Specially if you are terrible at PvP, like me).
If you see someone without its helmet and only the helmet missing and the rest armour there do not fight them and try to avoid them.
Why? Because it is common that the best PvP ers take off the helmet to try and make you fight them and lose. Here I’m not counting the ones shifting and without armour.

6. In Giga Blockwars specially, if you see someone shifting wile mining diamonds hit them with the sword.
This way you will make sure that it’s from your team, if it doesn’t take damage then is fine, but if it does receive damage it’s from the other team you have to kill him/her so he/her doesn’t bring diamonds to the other team. I do not mind the armour because I’ve seen people taking the armour from the other team, shift so we can’t see their name tag and take diamonds, this is extremely common with people with no armour. Also remember point 2, in Giga Block wars the team to control the diamonds wins.

7. When to take speed.
In the map there’s some power ups like speed, strength,… etc. But, here we want to focus on speed, as many of you might know when you take the flag you are instantly given a slow effect or something like that which makes you go slower. Knowing that you might want to give the person who has the flag a speed power up, but here is a trick: do not take the speed power up before, but give it after.
Why?
Because if you take it before the person who takes the flag the power up will be eliminated by the slow effect, but if you take the speed before the slow effect will be eliminated so the player from your team with the flag can run to your base more quickly.

This was Agate’s tricks for CTF.
I hope you like it
If you have any more tricks let me know!

Last edited:

space34

Apr 1, 2023
The good strategie to win CTF:
1: Rush as fastest you can to enemy island
2: If you got the flag just run away to your flag
good luck and have fun!

Reactions: agatecarrot517
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

good morning all! I hope everyone has a great day! 🤍
UncleSpect wrote on ImSatisfied's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
UncleSpect wrote on camulos's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎈
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on llvqs's profile.
Thank you for the follow! Also have a good redt of your day/night today!:D
I just logged on and just saw all these messages, sorry for not seeing them earlier, Tysm guys!
Top Bottom