Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalCake

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
Hey all!

Spiders are useful for string in the early game and you need quite a good number of spider eyes to unlock the nether. I put together a quick video on how to make an AFK grinder that can get quite a bit of string and also be used to easily get the eyes needed to unlock the nether.

You can also use the string for the wool dyeing quests. This also works with the cave spiders. Let me know what you think!

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
Great question. I should have put in the title that this is bedrock. I have not tried making it in Java.
i've just tried it out, and it does work! i noticed if you make the hole the spiders go trough is 4 (in stead of 3), they are less likely to push each other away. it works fine with cave spiders tho! this should work a million times better then a massive tower where they might, or might not climb to break their fall. thanks for this great video dude!

Reactions: FractalCake

FractalCake

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
i've just tried it out, and it does work! i noticed if you make the hole the spiders go trough is 4 (in stead of 3), they are less likely to push each other away. it works fine with cave spiders tho! this should work a million times better then a massive tower where they might, or might not climb to break their fall. thanks for this great video dude!

Awesome, glad it worked for you :)

DigitalMike

May 31, 2020
It's quite big though. The nice part of this Skyblock is that mobs don't have to be above the water in order to spawn. You can place the spawners under the water level and still get mobs riding to their doom.

FractalCake

Novice Member
Jul 23, 2020
United States
www.youtube.com
It's quite big though. The nice part of this Skyblock is that mobs don't have to be above the water in order to spawn. You can place the spawners under the water level and still get mobs riding to their doom.

Fair point it could probably be a little smaller/shorter, although you do have to ensure the walls are tall enough otherwise the spawners will see them as valid blocks to spawn mobs.

Hey all!

Spiders are useful for string in the early game and you need quite a good number of spider eyes to unlock the nether. I put together a quick video on how to make an AFK grinder that can get quite a bit of string and also be used to easily get the eyes needed to unlock the nether.

You can also use the string for the wool dyeing quests. This also works with the cave spiders. Let me know what you think!

i alredy have 6 Doubble chsts full ofstring

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
made it myself today and its so much better! im using it for cave spiders only and the old spawner for normal spiders, it takes a little while obviously, but it sure does work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

privqted wrote on Muhh's profile.
hi man. i noticed this issue on ur account. please get this correct asAP.
1713550463208.png
Infringement wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on becoming a Helper!
Your pink now!!!!
Infringement wrote on Mintypie231's profile.
Mintypie231, how’s your day going?

Good or Bad
Alexp192 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congratulations!
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats 🎉
Top Bottom