Not open for further replies.

Fly☆Guy

Novice Member
Sep 26, 2021
6 feet under
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
As a result of the 1.20 update the range ar which monster spawners in skyblock activate has drastically decreased. I think that the goal of this was to reduce lag but it also ruined lots of farms and made late game xp farming particularly difficult. Due to spawners only working within a certain Y value of the spawners position it has rendered any farm ideas using fall damage to weaken or kill high level mobs impossible. I suggest that the spawners work in a column, not a sphere, with a radius of 16 - 32 blocks. The new creature limit and item limit should prevent lag on their own. I think that this would just be a nice change for things like late game wither skeleton xp farms to work using 384 blocks of fall damage rather than being limited by the spawners vertical range. Please let me know if you see any outstanding issues that make my suggestion impossible.

(Edit: after some testing I concluded the vertical limit is 128 blocks but the horizontal position doesn't affect the vertical limit)

Last edited:

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
This is currently logged as a bug. It was looked into some time ago but it seemed there is a limit harcoded somewhere. It had thus become more challenging so was put on the backburner so the dev could move onto more pressing matters. It'll be revisited later on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

parent calling you halfway through pvp is the worst debuff you could ever get
Take back what I said earlier, the Infected Wolf spider from grounded is terrifying
This is fr me during bedwars
RDT_20240427_1241257018540164098121553.png
I'm here!
(i'm everywhere)
Top Bottom