Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
Before you ask a member of staff to move this thread to suggestions, its not a suggestion, I'm just sayin' what's wrong with a common suggestion.

Removing the 1.8 network and giving the 1.9+ network 1.8 PvP would recieve unimaginably large amounts of backlash from the community and could even kill the server in under 2 weeks. Those on 1.8 want 1.8 PvP and refuse to play 1.9+ of any form (even servers with 1.8 PvP) and many of those on 1.9+ want 1.9 PvP and would be ****ed at the staff "taking the skill out of the PvP." Tbh the only differences between the two is 1.9 has slower pace, shield blocking instead of sword blocking, fishing rods reeling the opponent in and more ways to give the opponent pot effects.

It wouldn't bother me if voting between 1.8 and 1.9 PvP was added to the 1.9+ network as I have skill sets for both (I prefer 1.8 bc its higher pace but play 1.9+ bc the 1.8 network has no gamemodes) but keep the 1.8 network and add more gamemodes to it no matter what.

So if the staff decide to accept this common suggestion of removing the 1.8 network and putting 1.8 PvP on the 1.9+ network that would be an extremely dumb, embarrassing and suicidal move imo. I doubt they will do that but its possible. Anyway, do you agree with me on this?

Reactions: Luzario
L

Lightning McQueen

Nah. Cube's 1.8 community is dead and the majority of us want a full 1.12 update.The backlash was dealt with back when we updates. Also , none of us want 1.8 on 1.12 versions either.

"Potentially kill cube"

I dont know how you could back that up lol. False claims.

EDIT : im all for throwing 1.8 in the garbage , but 1.8 pvp should not replace 1.9 on a higher version. Have a plugin for it? Sure by all means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: MagnificentSpam

Moooofin

Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2015
UK
Lots of people consistently complain about the 1.8 community being dead even though the games that are available in 1.8 have more lobbies available on average than the other games available.

If you want to remove 1.8 on the basis that 'it's dead' you'd have to start by removing: arcade, minerware, survival games, freebuild, island games etc

So please just stop making threads about the 1.8 community. Just let us play the game and we'll let you play the game

:thumbsup:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Lots of people consistently complain about the 1.8 community being dead even though the games that are available in 1.8 have more lobbies available on average than the other games available.

If you want to remove 1.8 on the basis that 'it's dead' you'd have to start by removing: arcade, minerware, survival games, freebuild, island games etc

So please just stop making threads about the 1.8 community. Just let us play the game and we'll let you play the game

Uh... No...

We do need an update... How many people play 1.8
bout 1,000 or less per above avrage day...

How many in 1.12? or within 1.9
Bout 10,000!!!

We need this update like now it would change a lot of things!

And also there are other ways to add 1.8 back into 1.12 (Plugins, Command Block Thingys etc)

L

Lightning McQueen

Except the fact that 1.8 players playing the game is depriving is 1.12 players of important features which could be game changing.

Jaistrix

Forum Expert
Oct 20, 2015
England
twitter.com
I'll give my honest and personal opinion on this subject.

I see a lot of potential in the 1.8 side of Cubecraft, I have for a while. I've been playing 1.8 Cubecraft for most of this past couple weeks and there is a really good community there and if 1.8 was removed it would also be removing that community.

I know 1.8 has been labelled as this toxic, cheater filled version and I do get why. There IS toxicity, there ARE cheaters but from playing this past couple weeks I don't think there is any more of those than there is in the 1.9 side of Cubecraft. I was playing 1.8 Skywars today for about 6-7 hours (written yesterday) and I only saw 2 cheaters.

What I have also saw is people asking me and suggesting to me in game, while I've been talking to players, to add more 1.8 games. I think because the 1.9 side has such a bigger network it also has a much bigger community voice, but that doesn't mean the other players should be ignored and which is why I'm against removing 1.8.

Now I'm also against when people say "1.8 is dead" because from what I see it really isn't. It's obviously going to have less players because there are less games to play but for what it is it's not dead. If you are saying 1.8 is dead because you are comparing the 1.8 servers to the size of 1.9... I don't think that should be done and sorry... on that basis I can't agree with you.

Sep 10, 2016
Coool place in the 'south'
As stated above by many members of both communities, I believe as well the hate and backlash were dealt with when Cubecraft updated to 1.9 and you were unable to login with a 1.8 client. Cubecraft is one of the better servers out there in my opinion and if not the only one that fully supports the mechanics that 1.9 has to offer. I find personally that either way they are doing an amazing job as there are features within 1.8 PVP that would not be possible without 1.9 and vice versa.

I personally believe that as Jai stated people have certain options and preferences and we should be open with those. For example keeping the majority of 1.8 favored games (if they have enough community power behind them). Therefore then pushing the possibilities with the new client options for example 1.12 FreeBuild and so on. Most game modes will not be changed and whilst they are not exactly the same I appreciate Cubecraft trying to push their hardest to please the community within both areas. I honestly agree with most people here that 1.8 whilst not being a large percentage of Cubecraft it still has a place to be noticed and to be cared for just like any other place.
As well as this, adding onto other factors if 1.8 was truly "dead" it would receive that next to no players online at any time. From what I can see it achieves less than what other game types achieve but there are still a decent amount of players playing it
. Whilst it may of declined in player count over the course of the years I personally put my hope towards possibly keeping those game types of that version and possibly choosing certain ones to push different mechanics in the future.

Whilst there are MANY mixed opinions about this topic as there always have been that is my opinion and upon removing 1.8 we would need to decide common and rare factors that may occur within the community upon relieving 1.8 games of their duties

:eek:

Reactions: Lilleh__

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
We do need an update... How many people play 1.8
bout 1,000 or less per above avrage day...

How many in 1.12? or within 1.9
Bout 10,000!!!
Your argument there is invalid. 1.8 has next to no gamemodes and 1.9+ has every gamemode you can currently play on Cube, so it will obvs have more players.
We need this update like now it would change a lot of things!
It would change alot of things. It would kill the server.
And also there are other ways to add 1.8 back into 1.12 (Plugins, Command Block Thingys etc)
The only 1.8 PvP mechanics I've seen added to 1.9+ with commands are jitterclicking, axes doing less damage per hit than swords and god apple crafting. Also, if 1.8 was removed and 1.9+ had 1.8 PvP, many of those on 1.8 would quit bc they will be playing in a version of the game where what I've said can be added back with existing plugins doesn't exist in the current game.

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
No 1.13
-New Textures
-New Blocks
-New Mobs
-Hinted something with floating islands o_O
All that's official for 1.13 is the block id numbers being removed and block textures changing. No new blocks so far.

Sophie

Forum Professional
May 1, 2014
Arendine Sink
Personally I think the 1.8 server should be removed, and instead, offer the 1.8 games alongside the 1.9+ versions on the current server. That way, it screws up a lot of hackers who have to both find and install a 1.9+ client that has 1.8 hacks on it, means that staff don't have to change client version to find and remove hackers in the 1.8 games, and of course, means that we all get to experience the new features in 1.10+. It ultimately makes the 1.8 games a whole lot easier to moderate, and is a win/win for a lot of people.

Also, imagine lava blocks featuring in a nether/volcano-themed map. If done right, that map could be epic!

Reactions: _The13thDoctor_

0ffense

Mar 27, 2017
Orion constellation
Personally I think the 1.8 server should be removed, and instead, offer the 1.8 games alongside the 1.9+ versions on the current server. That way, it screws up a lot of hackers who have to both find and install a 1.9+ client that has 1.8 hacks on it, means that staff don't have to change client version to find and remove hackers in the 1.8 games, and of course, means that we all get to experience the new features in 1.10+. It ultimately makes the 1.8 games a whole lot easier to moderate, and is a win/win for a lot of people.

Also, imagine lava blocks featuring in a nether/volcano-themed map. If done right, that map could be epic!
1.8 pvp on a 1.9 client is not 1.8 pvp. The KB is different, god apples are different, fairly sure crits are different, and you cant blockhit. This throws a lot of ways to 1.8 pvp right out the window. There aren't actually many hackers out there, so its not worth removing the 1.8 community.

Last edited:

Mecha_San

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2016
1.8 pvp on a 1.9 client is not 1.8 pvp. The KB is different, god apples are different, fairly sure crits are different, and you cant blockhit. Thise throws a lot of ways to 1.8 pvp right out the window. There aren't actually many hackers out there, so its not worth removing the 1.8 community.
Thank you, someone actually said something about KB

Reactions: Lilleh__
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom