Would you like to see this idea added?

• Total voters

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hey guys!

Lately I have been trying to complete some achievements and I thought of a cool addition to the achievements system.
Some achievements are very challenging to complete, for example the achievement Pokemon Master in Tower Defence. For this achievement you have to send a total of 1.000.000(!!) mobs.
I was curious how many players could have completed that achievement and that's where I got this idea:

Wouldn't it be fun to add some kind of system which makes it possible to see how many players have completed a certain achievement?
For instance, when you hover over an achievement it will say something like: 5% of players have completed this achievement!
This is already the case with some other platforms like PlayStation and Steam and it could be cool if Cubecraft had this as well!

I don't know if this is possible and how it could work exactly. It could be tricky, because which players should it look at? There are a few possibilities:

Everyone who ever joined Cubecraft.
If the system looks to everyone who ever joined Cubecraft, the stats will be pretty messed up. Some players who joined back in 2014and never came back again for instance never even played EggWars. If they will be counted in the statistics the statistics would be wrong. Also a lot of those 'players' are alts or people who only played a few games. They would also make the statistics incorrect. Pluspoints are that (I think) this is the easiest to make and that it gives an overview of how many players from every player ever have made certain achievements.

Everyone who ever played the game the achievement is for.
For this option the system looks to everyone who ever joined one game of the game the achievement is for. If this will be the case, the problem of players who only joined years ago (which I mentioned earlier) will be resolved. But still a lot of players that are alts or didn't play much would be counted in the statistics. Still this already gives a better and more realistic view than option 1.

Everyone from level 10/20+.
With this option the system will only look at players from a certain level or higher. A big plus for this option will be that alts or people that don't play much will not be counted. This will give a more realistic overview instead of most percentages being 1%.

If you know any other options or if you have other feedback, please let me know!

Last edited:

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I really like this suggestion, so I voted yes!

But as you said there are a lot of players who only played a few games, so they will 'mess up' the statistics. Maybe it's an option that only players who are level 10/20+ will participate in this. Since they have been active on cubecraft, so they have finished some achievements.

Fexiny

Dedicated Member
May 12, 2017
Love this suggestion, Voted yes :P
I guess people will love this, It isn't a big deal in my opinion. But I like to see this added in the future.

Reactions: Maaarijn

InkAsriel

Sep 23, 2017
The Netherlands
sounds like a great idea! it would tell something about how difficult an achievement is to get. for example "win a game" would be very easy, and most likely 98% of the players would have it, but "win 1000 games" is way harder and could easily be only 16%. the stats that i used are completely random obviously :P
i saw someone else talking here about only counting players of a specific level and higher, i think thats a great idea too, a lot of people use alts and by that, the stats would get killed too easily. lets say they only count lvl 20+ players, it would give a fair idea of the difficulty and how dedicated people really are

Reactions: Maaarijn

Maaarijn

Forum Veteran
Mar 12, 2017
het land van kroketten, frikandellen
www.youtube.com
Hi! I really like this suggestion, so I voted yes!

But as you said there are a lot of players who only played a few games, so they will 'mess up' the statistics. Maybe it's an option that only players who are level 10/20+ will participate in this. Since they have been active on cubecraft, so they have finished some achievements.
I edited the thread a bit and added your idea!

Reactions: ShinyArrow
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mintypie231 wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats for moderator!!
Mintypie231 wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations on mod (and orange tag)!!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on L1kii's profile.
Hello! How much xp still needed for level 315?
Mr Jii Gamer wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Thank you for everything and your hard work !! I hope i will see around
Top Bottom