• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
Having to pay money to get unbanned is just... pointless. Why would we add this? Also, we can't sacrifice fairness just to make a quick buck.
Also, isn't this just a thing from Mineplex? This is pay to win, considering you can hack (win in most cases) pay (resurrect?) and HACK AGAIN. It's just a technique used by big servers to earn some money out of all the hackers and rule breakers out there. You see, CubeCraft already has ban appeals, and the only way you can be pardoned is by showing that you learned the lesson. This feature makes "learning the lesson" a purchasable product. Does this look morally positive to you? Also i think it's against EULA.

Oh, hear what a Mojangster tweeted:
https://twitter.com/marc_irl/status/431623239261908992
Wait, Mineplex does this???

iiTopHat

I do not support this idea one bit. They broke the rules, and therefore should face the punishments. It's simply an unsincere ban appeal, without any effort or any sympathetic value towards it. -1 from me.

I agree because people like to throw their money around and if you add this they could at least ruin the server for a little bit, that's all the time it takes for people to stop taking this server seriously and eventually quit.

Orangeric88

Forum Expert
Apr 22, 2016
Planet Orange
www.cubecraft.net
Having to pay money to get un banned is just... pointless. Why would we add this? Also, we can't sacrifice fairness just to make a quick buck.

Wait, Mineplex does this???

Mineplex used to be good, until I found out they weren't. Not to criticize or anything but I think there system of things are strange. Like come on they are 2 weeks behind on ban. (For example if you sent a player report today, it probably wont get looked at until 2 weeks.)

But back on topic, I don't even know what minplex is doing anymore at this point.

Snodia

Forum Expert
Oct 18, 2015
deep inside my mind...
I've seen many servers offer unbans in their stores. It's pretty pointless to have something like that because some hacker could get banned with obvious evidence. Then they could just go pay for an unban and be on the server again hacking away. The point of bans and any other punishment is to keep the player that was breaking the rules, to not break the rules anymore.

Zerathina

Jun 3, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Honestly, like a Moderator stated earlier, adding unbans and unmutes to the store would cause issues for reports, but not only reports, but appeals as well. Appealing is a way you can unbanned/unmuted, but if they add unbanns and unmutes to the store, then why would there be a need for appeals, if you can just buy your way out of a mute/ban? Besides, this would all cause an issue of someone buying there way out of hacking, then get banned later and say that CubeCraft stole their money. Though it is true that this person did pay the server for an unban, it is not true that they stole his money, the server has rules that everyone must abide by and accept. So overall, this would cause too many problems and would be useless because we have reports and bann/mute appeals for a reason.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
To be Honest I personally like the system as it is but at least Cubecraft can gain money i am aware of how much the prices are to set up a server so i thought of a way for cubecraft to gain money to pay for the server to run

TlmeLord

Dedicated Member
May 24, 2014
On top of Rororoyourboat
To be Honest I personally like the system as it is but at least Cubecraft can gain money i am aware of how much the prices are to set up a server so i thought of a way for cubecraft to gain money to pay for the server to run
I don't see it changing the ranks prices, if they were to change it now people would rant "but why now after I donated??? give me my money back!!!"

Zerathina

Jun 3, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Agreed, some people would abuse this too much, and cause too many problems. And Cubecraft wouldn't add this to the store strictly to gain more money, like some people would think. If they really wanted this, then Cubecraft would be bad because they would only be in it for the money. Some staff members have even stated that they aren't in it for the money, but for the reason to provide fun games for people to play and enjoy. I can understand this being added to the story, but I have seen way too many people abuse this on a server I play on, it's not worth adding unbans/unmutes to the store, this would cause too many problems for the server, staff, and forums.

PinkSparkleWolf

Dedicated Member
May 8, 2015
a galaxy far, far away....
youtu.be
I personally think that:cube_light:should add unbans to the store
you can name the price Cubecraft just give people that made a mistake another chance or 2 chances

What you should do is the following
Each Minecraft account can purchase One (or more depends on Cubecraft) Unban after that making any more mistakes and you have to wait until you automatically get unbanned to learn your punishment
There will be two types of unbans Hacking unbans and "Other" unban
Hacking unban will lead into strict surveillance under mods and if they hacked again there will be no second chance to buy the unban
Other is for mute, swearing, glitch abusing... this will give the player 2 chances, if they repeated it there is a second chance but, if the repeat it once more they have to wait until they get unbanned
Sales do not affect Unbans (as it is a punishment and there shouldn't be any unfair prices for them)

What do you think
Should Cubecraft Add this or not
(personally for the hacker unban i do not look forward to as it might lead to more and more hackers)
To be honest (and kinda harsh as well maybe), I don't even care what other people have said about this so far. This is not a good idea, we cannot let those who broke the rules buy their way out of it. Even if you'd put it in the store for un unaffordable price it wouldn't represent Cube well, as then the owners would look like people who only want money.

You don't buy a second chance, you earn it.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
No please not. The punished kid violated the rules. If your mum punishes you, you won't say to her 'hey mom here's 5 euro if you won't punish me anymore'.

Reactions: Ellie Williams

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
No please not. The punished kid violated the rules. If your mum punishes you, you won't say to her 'hey mom here's 5 euro if you won't punish me anymore'.
Without considering you can only buy, like, 2 sandwiches with... 5 euro.

When I was talking about Mineplex... They USED to sell unbans. USED TO.
Not anymore. But they've made a mistake. That's why they aren't in the shop now.

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
Without considering you can only buy, like, 2 sandwiches with... 5 euro.

When I was talking about Mineplex... They USED to sell unbans. USED TO.
Not anymore. But they've made a mistake. That's why they aren't in the shop now.
You get my idea XD.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
No, people should be punished, otherwise they will do it again
Not like punishment is good. They should stay, live with other people to understand why not to alter their gameplay in a bad way. But it's always better than selling mercy like bread.
yWwJCfT.png

Last edited:

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
.. The following idea is "IF" Cubecraft wants/needs money and its related to appeals

After requesting an appeal to get unbanned there is the following
IF the mod believes the player would repeat his mistake he allows him to buy an unban (ONCE) IF repeated mistake they don't get another chance or ban for a long time (6 months)
but if the mod is able to trust the player then they can give that player a free unban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Reesle wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Top Bottom