Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 492126

1.14 contains many bugs, so I don't think this would work so well.
I guess waiting for 1.15 (bug fixing update) is what they should do then

I also think this won't be popular enough cause most of the people play below 1.14
That's why I said-
add the 1.14 one as a featured game for 2 or 3 days, just to see if it's a good gamemode and people like it
I'm quite sure many people will switch versions to play it or at least try it

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
With those kind of items it will become nerd wars not skywars.Too crazy too op for sw for me.Its not bad like idea but maybe they should add something like crazy mode with punch 10 bows tridents kb sticks etc

xImCrimson

Jun 27, 2016
Tennessee, USA
As y'all know, tridents were added in 1.13. It's a very useful, powerful weapon, and in my opinion adding it as well as other 1.10+ features to certain games (like skywars) would make everything a lot more entertaining. Imagine throwing a trident to your friend, or making traps using scaffolding!

I suggest to add a new 1.14-skywars, where you can find and use tridents and other new features. Here's a list of things that'd make skywars more interesting
  • Observer (trapping)
  • Concrete (building maps)
  • Bamboo (building maps)
  • Trident (PvP)
  • Scaffolding (trapping and more)
  • Crossbow (PvP)
Before you go and comment "we can't force skywars players to join on 1.14": 1.14-skywars will not replace the normal skywars. My suggestion is to add the 1.14 one as a featured game for 2 or 3 days, just to see if it's a good gamemode and people like it. If someone doesn't like it, they still can play the normal skywars on any other version. If the game becomes popular, the build team could even build some maps using 1.12 and 1.13 blocks (coral, concrete, bamboo, etc.)

"We can't split the skywars community in two". Yes you can, since 1) 1.14-skywars is a featured game, meaning it will be available only for two days and 2) the skywars community is big enough. Also if no-one likes this 1.14-skywars you can always just remove it.

The actual game

There is no chest voting. OP is the only type of chests, reason being tridents in normal/basic would simply be too strong.
Stuff you can find inside your island's chests:
  • 100% chance of finding a full set of diamond armor with some kind of protection
  • 100% chance of finding an enchanted diamond sword
  • 1 or 2 golden apples, 8-15 steak, etc
  • 100% chance of finding a trident enchanted with loyalty I and unbreaking I. Durability: 10-15
  • 100% chance of finding a crossbow enchanted with quick charge III and occasionally multishot or piercing
  • Some ender pearls, TNT and potions
  • Snowballs, eggs, arrows
"Why 100% chance of finding a trident?" Because it's the whole point of this game.

Stuff you can find inside sub-mid / mid chests:
  • Everything stated above
  • 20% chance of finding a trident enchanted with riptide III. Durability: 3-6. This can be an alternative to TNT jumping or using ender pearls.
  • Scaffolding
"Everyone will just use riptide tridents to camp, idiot". That's why you are guaranteed to find ender pearls at the start of the game

Possible kits:
  • Seaman
    • Trident with loyalty III. Full durability
    • Diamond boots with depth strider III
  • Pillager
    • Crossbow with quick charge, multishot and piercing IV (can be done with commands I believe)
    • Diamond chestplate with projectile protection IV
    • 1 speed potion (15 sec)
  • Wandering trader - a bunch of "random" stuff
    • 3 observers
    • Other redstone components
    • Fishing rod
    • 10 TNT
    • Diamond chestplate with blast protection IV
  • Builder
    • 30 scaffolding
    • A stack of orange concrete
    • Diamond boots with feather falling X
Would you enjoy new weapons? I think it'd be refreshing (◕ヮ◕)
with the amount of bugs in 1.14 and having to have a server wide update to implement this, i dont see any way this could work. It would just be far too much trouble for cubecraft's team to implement this.

Reactions: Basketman

Caboozled_Pie

Sep 5, 2016
CubeCraft Forums
www.cubecraft.net
Not only are there tons of broken things you can do with the trident (ie. tossing it across the map), you can also abuse it by simply spawn killing other players if it's in a kit. It does crazy damage, far more than a bow, and it's quite likely whoever is on the receiving end of your onslaught will be dead.

Furthermore, the fact that there are lots of bugs related to the trident really don't help your case either. At the very least, if we're going to add tridents, we should wait for some kind of bug-fixing in 1.15.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
Top Bottom