• Total voters

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
Hello!

It's come to my attention that, as in the title, you cannot add more evidence to reports. This has been suggested a lot, but I am suggesting it again.

If you look at a certain kind of offense, let's say swearing, depending on how bad you do it, you get a certain length of punishment. Let's say you were being disrespectful to another player and swore at them. An average punishment for that would be a day or a week for a mute. If a player reports you, it's done, and what you have is overlooked by a staff member and then a punishment will be put forth.

But if you continue to be disrespectful and it gets worse (Let's say you made a death threat), then I think you should be able to add more evidence to compromise a longer mute. Death threats are usually a month's worth of a mute, so if a player actually does say a death threat, then they should get the longer mute.

Basically what I'm saying is, be able to add more screenshots/videos to an open report if things get worse. If staff think it's going to get it jumbled and what not, then have a limit of added screenshots/videos so it won't be overwhelming for the staff to handle.

Tell me what you think!

~Cyber.

@Siftenly
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/edit-report-button.201697/#post-935075

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
I agree with it but the thing is that, if someone is breaking the rules and get muted, the mute doesn't get longer just because you got more evidence since they got a system for it.

If I say "Please kill yourself." and you report me, I would get muted for 30 days, if I then say "Jump from a cliff." which means the same it would be a bit unfair to get instant perm muted and not even have a second chance to prove that I know that I made a mistake so the punishment would still have to be the same.

Adding more evidence would probably just make it harder for the person to get their appeal accepted or a mute instead of a warning if you warn them in chat but they keep breaking the rules.

CyberAutumn

Dedicated Member
Feb 25, 2017
Around
Pronouns
She/They
the mute doesn't get longer just because you got more evidence
If you think about it, it might actually lengthen a mute. Like my example, a player starts to be disrespectful and says "you're stupid" or things similar to that context. You report them, your report is pending. If that player starts cursing, sending death threats, etc..., then it can and most likely will lead to a longer mute if you give more evidence.
If I say "Please kill yourself." and you report me, I would get muted for 30 days, if I then say "Jump from a cliff." which means the same it would be a bit unfair to get instant perm muted and not even have a second chance to prove that I know that I made a mistake so the punishment would still have to be the same.
In my opinion, if you say "kys" or something along those lines, it would be a 30 day mute. Let's say you were able to give more evidence and someone said "jump from a cliff". If it's death threats or something along the same lines then the first report before the added evidence should go with that punishment. (Not sure if that makes sense, but ye.)
Adding more evidence would probably just make it harder for the person to get their appeal accepted or a mute instead of a warning if you warn them in chat but they keep breaking the rules.
The whole idea I had was to mainly add more evidence if things got worse. If a player was warned not to curse and they continued, it is at their fault that they continued to break the rules. If they started to, let's say again, send off death threats, then they should get a longer ban/mute. It would give them a lesser chance of their appeal being accepted. They are at fault.

Ducky

Forum Professional
Dec 31, 2015
The Netherlands
I absolutely agree. This would be so much easier for the reporters to immediately add extra evidence, so the player will be muted for a longer time/banned.

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberAutumn

Livvv

Pineapplerator - Daily Quotes
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Mar 27, 2017
Swedish noodles
If you think about it, it might actually lengthen a mute. Like my example, a player starts to be disrespectful and says "you're stupid" or things similar to that context. You report them, your report is pending. If that player starts cursing, sending death threats, etc..., then it can and most likely will lead to a longer mute if you give more evidence.

In my opinion, if you say "kys" or something along those lines, it would be a 30 day mute. Let's say you were able to give more evidence and someone said "jump from a cliff". If it's death threats or something along the same lines then the first report before the added evidence should go with that punishment. (Not sure if that makes sense, but ye.)

The whole idea I had was to mainly add more evidence if things got worse. If a player was warned not to curse and they continued, it is at their fault that they continued to break the rules. If they started to, let's say again, send off death threats, then they should get a longer ban/mute. It would give them a lesser chance of their appeal being accepted. They are at fault.
My point was more, if the person swear once and keep doing it, the punishment still doesn't get longer since it always go after the order in the rules. Doesn't matter if the person swear 1 or 100 times, it will still be the same. I would really want to be able to edit my reports but the punishment shouldn't change. (I have never been muted so just talking for other people, I don't think they deserve a longer punishment because of this.)

Reactions: CyberAutumn
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
OH MY GOD YOURE BAACK
Reesle wrote on Magda_Korra's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Reesle wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Real Verbramdt?! 😱
Either way, Welcome (or welcome back) to the Forums!
Reesle wrote on nahumcin's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🥳
JokeKaedee wrote on Soulless_Unity's profile.
Thanks for everything, Soul :) Good luck with your future endeavors!
Top Bottom