Votes: 16 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Idea (please comment)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

_ManLlama_

Jan 16, 2017
Also I think there's a way for the server to see if out physically pressed "disconnect" so if people do that maybe don't let them rejoin

UHC_

May 4, 2014
A few times I have been playing on CubeCraft, and have crashed. I play a lot with friends, so i get annyoed when I have been plauting a game of eggwars for 10 minutes and then suddenly crash, and cant get back into the game. Please add a thing where you can re-connect, loose all you gear (in eggwars), but, like with eggwars, if your egg is broken you cannot re-join the game. Maybe make like a timer of like 5 mins in which you can rejoin. This obviously wont allow hackers who have been kicked to rejoin the game.

even though i don't crash

But i think If you log out in the last 4 it doesn't work?

Lezappen

Forum Expert
Jan 30, 2016
Toulouse (France)
As often as this happens to me, I like this idea... though the timer should be 2 minutes and you're only allowed back in the game only if your egg is still intact and there are 2 or more opponents left.

This idea has been suggested multiple times, and many of us would think that this would be abused even with the timer
Yes, but 2 minutes seems to be enough to restart your game.
I also think that you should be able to rejoin at a later stage in the game, not being in game isn't at your advantage at all... you aren't there to defend your island, and if your egg goes then you can't "respawn" IE rejoin the game.
If all teams are out but two and player disconnects then the only team left wouldn't have to wait, they would just win.

Some games can last for 40+ minutes and it is pretty depressing when your game crashes near the beginning and you can't join your team for the rest of the game.

Many games already have a feature that if you disconnect you can rejoin at a later stage in the game than where you left off (at your disadvantage as your opponents would have made more progress than you) games like Hearthstone..

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I like the idea of replacing the player with a dummy entity when he disconnects. The dummy entity could still be attacked and killed. That way combat logging would be useless. Other teammates would have the chance to defend the player though, and he may be lucky enough not to get attacked until he reconnects. This way there wouldn't even necessarily have to be a timer, since the player can't get an advantage by logging out (even if he's hiding somewhere it would still be better to be logged in so he can sneak).
I would really want this for UHC, but I think it should also work in eggwars.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I kind of like the idea but it can be exploited in too many ways. Here are some of my additions to this feature :
1- You cannot combat log, if you have received damaged then log out without letting the cooldown run out you will be considered dead and all your items drop on the ground. In eggwars if you combat log without your egg you die and loose but if you combat log with your egg you will respawn at your island with nothing but your kit.
2- Players can still damage you even if you log off, a mob of some kind will take your place with all of your armor in the exact area you logged off with the same amount of health only if you haven't been combat logged, but others can damage this mob and killing it results into you dying while loosing everything.
3- You have 1-2 mins to relog or you will loose your chance.
4- You have a limit of how many times you relog, e.g maximum 3.
5- In certain games with a world border (e.g UHC) if you log off and the mob takes your place it can get killed by the world border making you result in dying.
I think that is all for somethings that can make this idea less capable of being exploited.

Reactions: _ManLlama_

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
This sounds a) like it could be abused and b) like a lot of hard work for the developers. I get the concept but i just don't think it would work and people could just realise they are on 1 heart, disconnect, then log back on again and join in again. Sorry but it's a -1 from me :(

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
This sounds a) like it could be abused and b) like a lot of hard work for the developers. I get the concept but i just don't think it would work and people could just realise they are on 1 heart, disconnect, then log back on again and join in again. Sorry but it's a -1 from me :(
A) How would it get abused? What would they do? B) If they disconect in a battle they will automatically die when they login again. And if their egg dies or is dead when they get disconnected they will just not come back in the game, they will be sent to a lobby or spectator.
Hypixel has this feature and it does not seem to get abused in any way.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Obviously players arent smart than, i already figured out an exploit for that

The reason i dont agree with a timer to rejoin is while yes it allows players that crash or get kicked by the bug to rejoin itll allow the same for hackers or teamers
What exploit could there be if the player gets replaced by a dummy entity? It would still be affected by physics (think a villager with no AI).
People that get kicked wouldn't be able to rejoin.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
A) How would it get abused? What would they do? B) If they disconect in a battle they will automatically die when they login again. And if their egg dies or is dead when they get disconnected they will just not come back in the game, they will be sent to a lobby or spectator.
Hypixel has this feature and it does not seem to get abused in any way.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spyridon Agnew Dragon

Dedicated Member
May 27, 2016
Skylands
What exploit could there be if the player gets replaced by a dummy entity? It would still be affected by physics (think a villager with no AI).
People that get kicked wouldn't be able to rejoin.
Players that get disconnected in bedwars can get supplies, disconnect and wait and than reconnect periodically, reconnect near the end and wait it out until its like 1v2 or close to it easy win

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
Players that get disconnected in bedwars can get supplies, disconnect and wait and than reconnect periodically, reconnect near the end and wait it out until its like 1v2 or close to it easy win
But what advantage do they get by logging out over just staying at their island if they can still get killed?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

to the very few 5 or less people who are concerned about fhg dont worry its not going anywhere i just dont feel like writing at all and im disappointed in myself so

dw its not that deep
Desiderata wrote on caraMel's profile.
cara mel you are my biggest hater ily
1714232286010.png
Desiderata wrote on Centuria's profile.
congrats on being able to drive a car

should've said it here instead of posting it on the fhg topic :(
will you guys still love me if chapter 4 turns out to be shorter and more underwhelming
Xi1m wrote on Casualpoalrbear's profile.
if u havent kept up with the jjk leaks then dont watch
but if you want spoilers well…
Top Bottom