Hoshi

Speedy Wing Rush Gonzales
Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her

Heya everyone! đź‘‹

It has been a while since I posted my last suggestion thread; Almost a year, to be exact. After a while of thinking of some QOL changes and other things, I come bearing a thread!

🏷️ Rank Badges

The VIP level badges aren’t anything new to Bedrock players. The moment you join, you’ll see them.

There are badges for all 30 VIP levels, in multiple shapes and colours for Bronze
DhZn0Zw.png
, Silver
GUKGAp0.png
, Gold
pjkWMX1.png
, Platinum
TTMq8aM.png
and Diamond
o2GRsuJ.png
VIP - and the in between levels. It’s clear and effective.

However, as clearly as these ranks may be shown, it is quite difficult to know whether someone is a staff member or someone with a special rank or not. Players in-game who are in need of a staff members' support, may have a very difficult time identifying them. Besides, don't get me started on - what I assume - must have at least been various reports made because a player seemed to be flying with a VIP level below 30...

There is a simple solution that will help these players in need of support and generally prevent odd situations. That is what I am suggesting right now: To add rank badges to anyone with a special rank, namely staff members, but not limited to (with the new Partner rank, formerly known as YouTube rank). Each staff rank/Partner rank will get their corresponding icon in front of their name above their head, exactly like the role icons on Discord:

UQ1aOz8.png
Partner
g9ALC12.png
Designer
S10MoV3.png
SrDesigner
5uFdG7i.png
Dev
6QuPJrL.png
QA
E2IALin.png
Helper
7ie7B0a.png
Mod
1fnGK10.png
SrMod
trPlM9l.png
Admin

Not only will this help players, it will also give staff members and partners the recognition they deserve on the Bedrock network. If you think this might attract unnecessary attention, I'm way ahead of you: Staff members and Partners will always have access to /nick, and the rank itself already brings attention with it anyway, so I don't see how it could make it worse in a way that's not avoidable.

Thank you for reading my suggestion. I'm interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on the matter. Feel free to reply; I don't bite!

âžś If you agree, vote with :agree:.
âžś If you disagree, vote with :disagree:.
âžś If you cannot decide, vote with :unsure:.

Special credit: I had some help from our one and only @ItsJustWildd with gathering the icons and coming up with the idea.

~ A wild Hoshi

Last edited:

vrobot86

Mar 21, 2023
Pronouns
He/Him
This could be pretty useful especially if there is a text next to the rank (for example the mod logo with a text that says "Moderator" next to it). Great job on you and wild for coming up with this, im sure others have thought of this too :)

Reactions: Hoshi

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Your idea not mine! I just got you some of the icons:D
I actually found a screenshot of that conversation again just now and yeah, I did just randomly come up with the idea… ;-; You still get credit though. You’re a cool inspiration source!

And yes pls it might help me farm more friend requests
Lol

This could be pretty useful especially if there is a text next to the rank (for example the mod logo with a text that says "Moderator" next to it).
That would be pretty cool! Like a smaller text under someone’s username saying their rank or their prefix even, perhaps!

Nice I'm trying to become a helper :)
I wish you the best of luck with your journey! If you set your mind to it, I believe you can achieve it! đź’ś

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
Do you mean when you type in chat it shows your rank? I'm confused because I believe when I was a Designer this was actually a thing.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
This is actually something that might be coming in our huge 1.19 update. As seen on our Notion page showing development progress, you can see there is a spoiler for an "Admin" and "Developer" tag.

View attachment 218783
I didn’t quite mean the chat tags though, but rather the icons that show above a player’s head in-game.

Muhh

Muhderator
Team CubeCraft
🔨 Moderator
Jul 27, 2020
Saarland
I like the idea but I feel the staff tags people will probably only apply for the tag.

Hoshi

Aug 4, 2017
meow meow
youtube.com
Pronouns
She/Her
I like the idea but I feel the staff tags people will probably only apply for the tag.
Whilst yes, more people might try to apply for any such position simply because of the attention, I need to mention that that is not limited to the icons. Currently, it already shows their rank as their chat prefix and more.

The staff recruitment teams are very well capable of separating someone with only such intention to join the team from someone who actually wishes to be staff to help CubeCraft in any way. Besides, these players applying solely for that reason will likely not meet the standard requirements either way. I doubt it would make a difference in general and mentioning this, I feel like, is really unnecessary. It's a simple badge that shows the difference in role, so people can be quicker to ask for support and to avoid odd situations such as the one I mentioned.

To add onto this, there already exists a Java network equivalent, which is the rank (name) colours in the tab list and in-game, so I genuinely don't see an issue with Bedrock having a similar feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muhh

Reesle

Forum Expert
May 25, 2022
Canada

Heya everyone! đź‘‹

It has been a while since I posted my last suggestion thread; Almost a year, to be exact. After a while of thinking of some QOL changes and other things, I come bearing a thread!

🏷️ Rank Badges

The VIP level badges aren’t anything new to Bedrock players. The moment you join, you’ll see them.

There are badges for all 30 VIP levels, in multiple shapes and colours for Bronze
DhZn0Zw.png
, Silver
GUKGAp0.png
, Gold
pjkWMX1.png
, Platinum
TTMq8aM.png
and Diamond
o2GRsuJ.png
VIP - and the in between levels. It’s clear and effective.

However, as clearly as these ranks may be shown, it is quite difficult to know whether someone is a staff member or someone with a special rank or not. Players in-game who are in need of a staff members' support, may have a very difficult time identifying them. Besides, don't get me started on - what I assume - must have at least been various reports made because a player seemed to be flying with a VIP level below 30...

There is a simple solution that will help these players in need of support and generally prevent odd situations. That is what I am suggesting right now: To add rank badges to anyone with a special rank, namely staff members, but not limited to (with the new Partner rank, formerly known as YouTube rank). Each staff rank/Partner rank will get their corresponding icon in front of their name above their head, exactly like the role icons on Discord:

UQ1aOz8.png
Partner
g9ALC12.png
Designer
S10MoV3.png
SrDesigner
5uFdG7i.png
Dev
6QuPJrL.png
QA
E2IALin.png
Helper
7ie7B0a.png
Mod
1fnGK10.png
SrMod
trPlM9l.png
Admin

Not only will this help players, it will also give staff members and partners the recognition they deserve on the Bedrock network. If you think this might attract unnecessary attention, I'm way ahead of you: Staff members and Partners will always have access to /nick, and the rank itself already brings attention with it anyway, so I don't see how it could make it worse in a way that's not avoidable.

Thank you for reading my suggestion. I'm interested in hearing everyone's thoughts on the matter. Feel free to reply; I don't bite!

âžś If you agree, vote with :agree:.
âžś If you disagree, vote with :disagree:.
âžś If you cannot decide, vote with :unsure:.

Special credit: I had some help from our one and only @ItsJustWildd with gathering the icons and coming up with the idea.

~ A wild Hoshi
Cool suggestion! I like it! :agree:

Reactions: HunnerBunner428
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Welcome onboard! 🎉
dvodany wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on helper Worried, I knew you'll get there :D
dvodany wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations, welcome (again) to the team! đź‘Ź
Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Top Bottom