Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Since Speed Eggwars closed, I have noticed that they haven't added a lot of new maps and I think it would be pretty easy to do.

How?
From what they have told me, they will not bring speed eggwars back so all the maps that were in speed eggwars will not be used. I propose to modify some of them by separating the islands and using 1.12 blocks and adding them to the normal eggwars.

Many maps that were in speed eggwars are similar to those already in normal eggwars such as Forest, Toys, Golf ... so those maps would not be added

Just imagine how good this idea would be, speed eggwars would not be added but we could play their maps.
Besides that with the new blocks of 1.12, it would look very nice

Please, leave your opinion ^^

Attachments

• Bones.png
    Bones.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • Candy.png
    Candy.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • Civilization.png
    Civilization.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 78

Finixly

Forum Expert
Jun 17, 2018
Beverly Hills
Although I would absolulely LOVE to see this since Speed EggWars is, and will always be one of my favourite minigames on the server (i still cri :sadcat:), the Speed EggWars were specifially made to be rushed in. And even with some major changes to them, I don't think it'll ever get the same as the Normal EggWars maps currently are.

In Speed EggWars - you understood how the game works - you could win a game within 30 seconds if you're lucky, while in Normal EggWars usually a game would at least last a few minutes. So maps would have to change drastically in order to compeet to the current Normal EggWars standards. For example look at the map Bones:
1627646118480.png

You could go from your own island to another with only 10-15 blocks, which would just be unfair and won't turn out right. And this basically goes for every Speed EggWars map

While I do like the idea, I'm just very unsure how this would turn out in reality, which is why I'm going to vote unsure for now. Though if someone has a reasonable and good proposition, I might change my mind - but for now, I really don't think it'd be possible to alter maps that drastically that it'd be as good as (most of) the EggWars maps nowadays.

Attachments

• 1627646035542.png
    1627646035542.png
    517.2 KB · Views: 65
Reactions: Matriox

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Although I would absolulely LOVE to see this since Speed EggWars is, and will always be one of my favourite minigames on the server (i still cri :sadcat:), the Speed EggWars were specifially made to be rushed in. And even with some major changes to them, I don't think it'll ever get the same as the Normal EggWars maps currently are.

In Speed EggWars - you understood how the game works - you could win a game within 30 seconds if you're lucky, while in Normal EggWars usually a game would at least last a few minutes. So maps would have to change drastically in order to compeet to the current Normal EggWars standards. For example look at the map Bones:
View attachment 197563
You could go from your own island to another with only 10-15 blocks, which would just be unfair and won't turn out right. And this basically goes for every Speed EggWars map

While I do like the idea, I'm just very unsure how this would turn out in reality, which is why I'm going to vote unsure for now. Though if someone has a reasonable and good proposition, I might change my mind - but for now, I really don't think it'd be possible to alter maps that drastically that it'd be as good as (most of) the EggWars maps nowadays.
I understand it but I think the designer team can do a good job separating the islands but make it look good, maybe adding new things like another island between the main island and the middle.

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
I loved the candy map, tho speed Eggwars should just be added back, even if it fails cubecraft should be finding ways to make there java server more popular as now it's just not. Definetly think speed Eggwars should get added back

Reactions: Amazinq
Top Bottom