Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

?

• Total voters

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Title is pretty self-explanatory.
Make some kind of ELO system where you gain 10 if you win and lose 10 when you lose, let the players start at 1000, maybe make it harder to get higher ex. above 1500 it's -20 if you lose and +5 if you win, and easier to get up when your ELO is low for instance below 500 you gain 20 when you win and lose 5 if you lose.
Match players according to that number, maybe display a leaderboard of it while you're at it as well.

Thanks for reading and make sure to vote.

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
One problem might be that not enough players are in pvp at the same time. This system could draw in more players but it might still take longer than now to find a match.

Maybe it would be possible to combine the ranking system with team matches so the system can start 2v2's, 2v1's and 3v2's based on the current queue. The rating of all players would be added and multiplied with a factor based on the team size. That factor is automatically adjusted so that different team sizes have an equal chance to win.

Sulphate

Novice Member
Oct 20, 2017
England
Adding on to what @MagnificentSpam said, I feel like the good players would end up waiting ridiculous amounts of time to get into a game, so if this was to be implemented, stuff like that would need to be looked at.

In principle though, I think it would be a good idea :)

Reactions: CommunistCactus
A

A pigeon

I wont ever play duels because half the kits never have bows but anything ranked is a step closer to ranked eggwars

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Make some kind of ELO system where you gain 10 if you win and lose 10 when you lose, let the players start at 1000, maybe make it harder to get higher ex. above 1500 it's -20 if you lose and +5 if you win, and easier to get up when your ELO is low for instance below 500 you gain 20 when you win and lose 5 if you lose.
Match players according to that number, maybe display a leaderboard of it while you're at it as well.

I mean I dont know. When I used to play badlion I would constantly see players in the lobby saying “I have 59k ELO and I am better than all you scrubz” and players would make fun of others. This would change cubecraft and I think that the system is fine as it is

Reactions: StoneBrine (Brad)

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
I mean I dont know. When I used to play badlion I would constantly see players in the lobby saying “I have 59k ELO and I am better than all you scrubz” and players would make fun of others. This would change cubecraft and I think that the system is fine as it is
This is already happening with levels so that's not really a point.
Plus you forgot that cubecraft has a completely different playerbase than badlion.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
Could you elaborate?
Idk, I know that cubecraft already has a lot of toxic players but I feel like that ELO could make it even more toxic because if you die you could call hacks but it just adds a death to your score, nothing harsh. But if ELO is added then players will get salty, and possibly threat others. It just doesn't seem like a good idea :/

CommunistCactus

Forum Professional
Mar 13, 2015
Beyond time and space
Idk, I know that cubecraft already has a lot of toxic players but I feel like that ELO could make it even more toxic because if you die you could call hacks but it just adds a death to your score, nothing harsh. But if ELO is added then players will get salty, and possibly threat others. It just doesn't seem like a good idea :/
In my opinion I don't see a big difference between players bragging about their ELO vs their number of kills/wins/time player/level.
It would be a minuscule negative compared to the positives.

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland

I don't think this will be something unique and special for Cubecraft, it will only cost a lot of time to develop! -1

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
In my opinion I don't see a big difference between players bragging about their ELO vs their number of kills/wins/time player/level.
It would be a minuscule negative compared to the positives.
Well not once have I had a player brag about how many kills they have so... I dont think its a big deal, unless other players see it all the time...
Something else is if this does get added then cubecraft will change it in a way to where its not what players really wanted. Keep in mind thats what MIGHT happen

Oct 22, 2017

yes, i would love an elo system as badlion's elo system was pretty cool.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Amazinq wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
Hbd
Desiderata wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
happy birthday legend
Kazwa wrote on CrystalLegend01's profile.
happy birthday!
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Frontlane's profile.
That is a cool pfp!:D
Kazwa wrote on privqted's profile.
happy birthdayy
Top Bottom