Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Also on the note of games taking longer to queue. Private games will boost the player count enough. That overall queueing times will stay the same.

Reactions: InsaneOrbitzz

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
They went from talking about how 1.8 doesn't have enough players.
To how it'll apparently only be for Obi rank
To how apparently it being on Among slimes and Among Slimes still filling games in invalid.
To how they disagree that it takes 4+ players to start a private game (when I who has access to them knows this is a fact)
Then to how it isn't good on Mineplex anymore, even though Mineplex gets 6x less the player count (so this is actually a bad comparison)
To end it with how its a bad suggestion since they wont be able to access it lmao.
It's true 1.8 doesn't have enough players. It will probably be only for obsidian rank else public games won't fill if everyone can create private games. . I didn't say it's a bad suggestion cause I couldn't acces it lol.
Among slimes still filling games is invalid lol among slimes requires 9 friends to have a fun game when private games apparently requires 3. Many more will then play skywars private games than among slimes. How it isn't good on mineplex anymore is a valid argument since mineplex playercount dropped which could easily happen too cube craft too which it already happened in 2018 if this were too happen again you won't be able to get rid of private games and it will be a very bad feature what will then make public games fill slower than they already will. Never disagreed on the fact it takes 4 players lol.
Levi, you've lost this argument multiple times already. There's no point at clutching, at the slightest downside to adding private servers. Especially when it is such a positive addition.
I don't see where I lost an argument I gave a few solid arguments why it wouldn't be smart too add this and the owner of this thread just replied with some stupid stuff than eventually gave some argument about among slimes. But you wouldn't understand your just some bedrock kid copying the opinion of his favorite YouTube. It's a nice idea just not smart too add on java as the negatives are bigger than the positives

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
Same as all your arguments.
You've assumed that it will only be for Obi rank.
You've assumed that Cube will end up like Mineplex.
You've assumed Private games will cause games not to fill.
You've assumed Among Slimes is only good with 9 players.
I know among slimes is only fun with 9-10 players lol. I've played enough to know most people don't find it fun to play with less than 9 people. Private games will cause games to fill slower because players that normally play normal games because they can't play private ones will now play private ones. Just like when cube added the block wars bridges they didn't add it to 1.8 because they knew it would make queue times slower with this you can also say for sure it will make queue times slower.
I said cube could end up like mineplex as one time it already had a huge downfall and it could easily happen again.
Yes I assumed it will only be for obsidian rank wasn't really an argument of mine tho. I see the chance they will make it for everyone or for lower ranks very small since making it for obby gives more money and public games will be the least slow.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
But I cba to reply to this thread anymore this won't get implemented in Java anyways cause cubecraft management can actually think

• Disagree
Reactions: Dualninja

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I know among slimes is only fun with 9-10 players lol. I've played enough to know most people don't find it fun to play with less than 9 people. Private games will cause games to fill slower because players that normally play normal games because they can't play private ones will now play private ones. Just like when cube added the block wars bridges they didn't add it to 1.8 because they knew it would make queue times slower with this you can also say for sure it will make queue times slower.
I said cube could end up like mineplex as one time it already had a huge downfall and it could easily happen again.
Yes I assumed it will only be for obsidian rank wasn't really an argument of mine tho. I see the chance they will make it for everyone or for lower ranks very small since making it for obby gives more money and public games will be the least slow.
But I cba to reply to this thread anymore this won't get implemented in Java anyways cause cubecraft management can actually think
If it wont be added why is it already in testing? Once again like I said, you think cube wont add it because one player who disagrees with nearly every thread says otherwise. More people agree than disagree so it would be silly for it not to get implemented.

Levi_the_pro

Forum Expert
Nov 21, 2016
For bedrock lol. Private games will stay as it is now for Java. I think cubecraft won't add it because it's a dumb idea and cube management can think.
More people agree than disagree so it would be silly for it not to get implemented.
You say some dumb stuff gahahahhaha
Ah yes more people agree than disagree should definetly be added. Fun idea so people agree but won't be added cause it's bad for the server. Compare it to old lobbies everyone wanted it back but it was bad for the server so it wasn't brought back.

• Disagree

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
For bedrock lol. Private games will stay as it is now for Java. I think cubecraft won't add it because it's a dumb idea and cube management can think.

You say some dumb stuff gahahahhaha
Ah yes more people agree than disagree should definetly be added. Fun idea so people agree but won't be added cause it's bad for the server. Compare it to old lobbies everyone wanted it back but it was bad for the server so it wasn't brought back.
So much for that lmao

• Agree

Fesa

Quality Assurance
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
Oct 17, 2016
Yoitsu
Pronouns
She/Her
Brain Power: 1000
1618060601851.png

Is he a plane? Is he a bird? No is he SUPER COMPUTER

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
I watched your video and I think you stated quite a few good points but tbh I personally wouldn't use this much since I only play with a few friends, but this definitely would be cool for players that want to host a sort of tournament with specific players or even for those who plan to play with a big group of friends.

But then again, I think this could be fun because I'm imagining being able to play like EggWars with 1-3 friends, since I don't really play with a large group of friends most of the time (like enough to be able to fill up a whole game of SkyWars/EggWars).

I also know of another server that I used to play on which has a similar concept where you host a private server within the server itself with many games to choose from, and I used to host a certain game that didn't get played a lot, so in that case it was useful for me. It was also just fun to solely be able to play with a certain group of friends at the time.

Not really sure if this is possible, I'm not a Dev so I wouldn't know, but regarding the Bedrock platform, it is the main source of the player base, so I feel it should definitely be accessible for those that have an audience on Bedrock, since it already is useful for those on Java.

To conclude, I wouldn't really feel this is a priority, but rather something that would be nice to have, maybe as a perk of the plus subscription for Java and for Bedrock it could be something you could buy from the Marketplace like you mentioned with The Hive. So for that reason I'll be reacting with Agree.

ShinyArrow

Forum Expert
Aug 31, 2019
The Netherlands
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I totally agree with the fact that private games are really fun and I would love to see this happening on CubeCraft, however I voted unsure for now, because:

Java
Since Java has a really low player count compared to CubeCraft Bedrock, I am not sure if it is a smart move to implement private games on Java. Java barely hits 5000 online players at 9 pm UTC+2, the time Java has the most online players. (1.8 and 1.9 combined). Java 1.8 has around 600 online players and Java 1.9 4300.

With this being said I disagree with adding private games for Java 1.8, but do agree with adding this for Java 1.9.

Java 1.8 has simply not enough players for private games, since this will make the waiting time for gamemodes obviously longer. Friends will start private games instead of joining a public game, which results in a longer waiting time.

I would like to see this as a feature for Java 1.9, since I do think the waiting time will not decrease too bad. However I would like to see this as an obsidian perk. Obsidian and Emerald rank do not have many differences and starting private games as an Obsidian perk seems like a really good solution for this 'problem'*. (All ranks can still join, but only obsidian ranks can start such games). I feel like if this will be implemented, there needs to be a maximum of private games you can start on a day, for instance 2.

*It is not a really big problem, but still needs to be changed imo.

Bedrock
I have not that much to say about Bedrock, since there are minimum 16000 players online, I believe that this is enough to add private games without having a really long waiting time for public games.

(Numbers of players are based from this site: https://stats.cubecraft.net/.)

Wave Master7S

Dedicated Member
Jul 31, 2020
United States
Pronouns
He/Him
Hi! I totally agree with the fact that private games are really fun and I would love to see this happening on CubeCraft, however I voted unsure for now, because:

Java
Since Java has a really low player count compared to CubeCraft Bedrock, I am not sure if it is a smart move to implement private games on Java. Java barely hits 5000 online players at 9 pm UTC+2, the time Java has the most online players. (1.8 and 1.9 combined). Java 1.8 has around 600 online players and Java 1.9 4300.

With this being said I disagree with adding private games for Java 1.8, but do agree with adding this for Java 1.9.

Java 1.8 has simply not enough players for private games, since this will make the waiting time for gamemodes obviously longer. Friends will start private games instead of joining a public game, which results in a longer waiting time.

I would like to see this as a feature for Java 1.9, since I do think the waiting time will not decrease too bad. However I would like to see this as an obsidian perk. Obsidian and Emerald rank do not have many differences and starting private games as an Obsidian perk seems like a really good solution for this 'problem'*. (All ranks can still join, but only obsidian ranks can start such games). I feel like if this will be implemented, there needs to be a maximum of private games you can start on a day, for instance 2.

*It is not a really big problem, but still needs to be changed imo.

Bedrock
I have not that much to say about Bedrock, since there are minimum 16000 players online, I believe that this is enough to add private games without having a really long waiting time for public games.

(Numbers of players are based from this site: https://stats.cubecraft.net/.)
Actually when it peaks on weekends it reaches 52k and on weekdays 48k.

• Agree

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
This thread seems to have gone a bit off topic, but I'll respond to the original post:

Private Games was rolled out to staff shortly after Among Slimes as we planned for a partner release shortly after, including some work on a Bedrock implementation. Priorities on the infrastructure team have changed heavily over the past few months, and we haven't really had any time or resources to allocate to the project - releasing it to Java YouTubers was a five minute change, which is why we rolled it out a few weeks ago. The only reason the command exists on Bedrock is because of how our code works behind the scenes.

I can't imagine us doing a full release (i.e, for regular players on Java and Bedrock) of the system in it's current state, it was coded in less than a week as part of our game jam so as you can imagine the implementation of it isn't exactly the best it can be. We'd probably want to wait for a few other things we're working on internally to be complete before we start on reworking private games. Definitely still something we're interested in though!

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Ducky friend!
Top Bottom