S4nne

Sr. Moderator
Team CubeCraft
🛠️ Sr. Moderator
Jun 19, 2017
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
You can reply to everything? I’m not really sure what you’re suggesting here? Could you elaborate a bit more where you want to react on?
I think he means reactions just like on Discord/Facebook.

I personally don't think this is necessary. People can share their thoughts in a message with explanations, and there's even a poll sometimes where you can click on yes/no(/other). It might get messy when everyone just uses emotions as reactions without explaining anything.

Stablish

Jan 2, 2018
Planet Earth
www.cubecraft.net
I think he means reactions just like on Discord/Facebook.

I personally don't think this is necessary. People can share their thoughts in a message with explanations, and there's even a poll sometimes where you can click on yes/no(/other). It might get messy when everyone just uses emotions as reactions without explaining anything.
I agree with S4nny, as the community will not reply anymore if the reactions feature is added to threads. They might just react and not reply at all and I think the replies will be less than how it is at the moment.
Sorry! :(

Reactions: eu5ebio7w7

Sweetenerera

Forum Professional
Jul 24, 2016
I agree with S4nny, as the community will not reply anymore if the reactions feature is added to threads. They might just react and not reply at all and I think the replies will be less than how it is at the moment.
How is that a bad thing tho? Most reactions right now are "haha funny" or "ye I agree "

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
I really hate the reply "It's not really necessary" that we get on a lot of suggestions because not everything has to be necessary to be added, fun little things like this are useful and brighten up the forums.

There are a million reasons we should add this, the main one is that it instantly adds a poll to every single suggestion straight off the bat, you can add agree/disagree to all suggestions.

You can also add ones like "funny" to memes and it stops meme creators from rising to the top of the likes lists despite not posting often on much else.

Apart from these reasons and more; it's colourful and gives more depth to threads.

Some negatives I want to point out are, some people like to spam reactions on posts over on another servers forums that have this, and it creates this really awful spammy thing at the bottom of most threads, sometimes the simplicity of a basic like number is all you need for certain threads, which is why I think we should disable certain reactions to specific thread categories, for example; suggestions will only allow people to add these reactions: agree, disagree, like.

I'd rather have them putting a "I agree" reaction on a thread than simply replying "I agree" to the thread and pointlessly bumping it with pointless messages.

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia
Pronouns
He/They
I wouldn’t want this anywhere it’s extremely messy on other forums and to be honest I see no reason to add it. The only reaction I’d look forward to see are dislikes or “disagree”. Since it’s somewhat necessary at times, when people don’t make polls but you don’t want to leave a reply to communicate your disagreement.

Also I feel like the replies here have failed to see the obvious... if you like a thread you’re agreeing with it.

I don’t want posts to look like this. Even in joke threads.
https://imgur.com/a/5VmajId

TeamTMS

Jul 26, 2019
New Zealand
Hi there,
I personally think that this a forum, and forums are places to discuss things about CubeCraft with others that play CubeCraft. There are already ways you can interact with a posting, such as replying to it, quoting it, liking it, adding your opinion in the poll (if there is one). Though I get where you might be coming from.
If it’s only an emoji you want to respond with, and there’s nothing else you want to say, this could be quite useful, every now and then. They only really need a few emojis, and the Like button.
The thing people forget is that the CubeCraft Forums run off an open-source forum software, and this may not be a feature you can add on it (as far as I know, the forum software is pretty old). And if they were to develop it manually, it would take quite a bit of time.
Anyways, I think this might be useful in some cases, but not exactly a necessary thing to add.
Thanks for your suggestion :)

its_Marto03

Nov 13, 2017
Dog's Land
I think this suggestion is great by I don't want that the act of reaction counts you one post. If you post, you need to write no to react.
Good suggestion!

Dubby Plays

Jul 13, 2019
Italy
youtu.be
Why adding reactions as a feature when you can literally post images like this:

upload_2020-3-19_21-5-30.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

gonna play some java cubecraft
java username is "anonymousplayer9"
Xi1m wrote on Power Ranger's profile.
hbd
Xi1m wrote on dvodany's profile.
emesis blue sure is.. interesting
I came back to tell y'all that Minecraft pocket edition is now UNDER A DOLLAR (in my country) for Cubecraft's 15th birthday!
And it's like 20 dollars for pc, but still, UNDER 1 DOLLAR?
Should have bought Minecraft today- instead of like buying it 2 years ago.
Aight going offline again.
Mintypie231 wrote on human being's profile.
Happy birthday! 🎉 🍰
Top Bottom