Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

smkorpi

Dec 3, 2016
You're making it look like you haven't even read the thread.

Spawnprotection is a good thing, though it is too OP as of now. I made a suggestion roughly one month ago:
https://www.cubecraft.net/threads/eggwars-spawn-protection.183467/ (it's been over 2 weeks so don't reply to it as it's considered necroposting.)
I read the thread, and I thought it should be removed as a whole, I didn't quote a comment where "I agree this should be removed" was directed, sorry. I was agreeing with Dotsy's comment that it should be removed since there isn't a kill portion of the leaderboard that kill farming ban was meant to prevent.

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
I still don't agree with this... I know it's very hard to barricade yourself with obsidian, however, you have to be smart. Try to sneak into their base instead of just rushing while wearing way better stuff than they do. Moreover, I prefer strategy based games with spawn protection above just rush with no spawn protection. Also some seconds more/less spawn protection make a world of difference, I think this will affect the game too much: the time to buy a sword is crucial! About the three layers of obsidian? Just don't play OP mode...

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
I still don't agree with this... I know it's very hard to barricade yourself with obsidian, however, you have to be smart. Try to sneak into their base instead of just rushing while wearing way better stuff than they do. Moreover, I prefer strategy based games with spawn protection above just rush with no spawn protection. Also some seconds more/less spawn protection make a world of difference, I think this will affect the game too much: the time to buy a sword is crucial! About the three layers of obsidian? Just don't play OP mode...

So you like to lose to a team that technically already lost? Got it fam.

TheLucian

Forum Expert
Dec 29, 2015
:D
That picture is perfect! Spawn protection is so annoying and needs to be removed. I think you would add a poll but I guess not. I back this.

HackersDontWin

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Only way to fix this:
If the enemy hits you = Bye, Bye, Spawnprotection.
Best solution I've seen yet. Would work great.

As far as I know, the spawn protection was made to give the failing team a chance, but they've been "abusing" it by just fisting the person who is attacking their egg to protect it and also because they know that you can't attack them because of spawn protection. In my opinion spawn protection should be used to gear up quickly instead of fisting.

If you add what I've quoted above, that would make the fisters/"spawn protection abusers" die since they're not giving letting their opponent play fairly + because they're not thinking smart and gearing up instead, and for the people who were clever and geared up... Hey! You might've lost your egg, but now you're better geared than you would've been if you dedicated yourself in fisting the enemy!

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
Sure, I don't care about wins, i do care about fair opportunities for everyone without getting spawnkilled. I also disagree about a kit every two minutes, this also helps spawnkilling.

I ask of you, how is getting fisted off by people abusing spawnprotection, while you were the superior player, fair in any way?

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net
I ask of you, how is getting fisted off by people abusing spawnprotection, while you were the superior player, fair in any way?
Superior? Everyone is equal. That's what i hate about eggwars, people with the best possible armor who always think they have to win the game. NO. Spawnprotection is needed for people who don't camp for the best possible stuff and just rush. And yes, after they die, the spawnprotection is really important!

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
www.cubecraft.net
Superior? Everyone is equal. That's what i hate about eggwars, people with the best possible armor who always think they have to win the game. NO. Spawnprotection is needed for people who don't camp for the best possible stuff and just rush. And yes, after they die, the spawnprotection is really important!
And yes, there are players who abuse this, but when a little group of players does this, you don't have the remove the spawn protection for everyone.

Last edited:

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
And yes, there are players who abuse this, but when a little group of players does this, you don't have the remove the spawn protection for everyone. The same with refugees, when there are some terrorists, you don't have to close the borders for everyone. But yeah, that's just my opinion...
You can't compare stuff about refugees to a Minecraft minigame...

Tacosbefriends

Forum Professional
Jan 13, 2014
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
A suggestion I made a while back was to have players with spawn protection inflicted with the glowing potion effect so that you can see when their spawn protection ends. Doesn't change much, but it's definitely better than flailing wildly until one of your hits actually does something. I think the spawn protection is fair... ish. I feel that it would be much more fair if players could tell when it's active.

Reactions: Komodо

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I don't really play eggwars, I dislike the game not only because of the spawn protection. But today I played on some cheap cubecraft rip-off server (btw. Tacos, should I report it somewhere?) and the only gamemode with players was eggwars, complete with cubecraft maps and lobbies. One of the few differences was that during the spawn protection you couldn't hit other players, which makes sense in my opinion and worked very well.
I don't think I'll get into eggwars either way, but changing the spawn protection would definitely make it better.

Earth

Forum Veteran
Oct 21, 2015
Nowhere
A suggestion I made a while back was to have players with spawn protection inflicted with the glowing potion effect so that you can see when their spawn protection ends. Doesn't change much, but it's definitely better than flailing wildly until one of your hits actually does something. I think the spawn protection is fair... ish. I feel that it would be much more fair if players could tell when it's active.
I'll ask yet again, how is it fair? It's not my fault the opponents were inferior am I right?

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Casualpoalrbear wrote on Loskol's profile.
Pro parrot plays pro program
Guys, I might have predicted BedWars Duos! The best part is it's releasing tomorrow!
1713889970725.png
Eli wrote on Baploon's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
Eli
7 reports closed in a row because Sentinel got there first... :despair:

1713882959021.png
GiGaGekkies wrote on B0tervlieg's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom