• Total voters

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Hi CubeCraft,

I’ve been waiting a long time before making this thread, but I think I will finally make it. I want to talk about moderators and their punishments. Sometimes I think it’s just childish.
I really feel like that moderators have an X number of punishments that they have to do per month. That makes it so that some moderators (I am not talking about all of them) punish people for the smallest things. I am starting to get really annoyed of some mods.

Yesterday, for example, I was just chilling in a voicecall on the discord and we had a discussion which better was: Bedwars or Eggswars. Eventually, I and an other guy wanted to play some bedwars, so we said that we would go in another voicecall to play Bedwars. There was really no one in that voicecall. A few minutes later a mod joined us, so we asked if he wanted an invite. He said that asking for a party on other servers was punishable, so we told him that we were only asking because he joined the voicecall where we said we were playing Bedwars, and he knew that. We were just respectful and there was no toxicity or something. The mod immediately banned(!) the other guy from the discord.
Come on.

Another example is that my brother was muted a few months ago. He literally said in chat when he died (not killed) “k spel”, which is “k game”. With the k he meant a Dutch curse “kut” which is just as bad as something like “shit”. A player reported him and he got muted. He didn’t even said the whole word and didn’t even hurt anyone by saying it about the game.

I have experienced way more stupid things like this lately. I would say it’s really childish to punish players for such things. Some mods should ask their self if they make the community more fun for players by punishing people or just make a joke of their self.

This is not a suggestion thread, but it is just feedback. Again, not all mods are like this and I think the kind of mods I am talking about know if they feel addressed.

~Egg

Lozora

Forum Expert
Jul 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Hi, thank you for sharing your concerns! I hope I can clarify some things for you :)

Unfortunately there is not much I can reveal about what we're supposed to do as moderators. I do want to explain some reasons why the moderator decided to punish.

Yesterday, for example, I was just chilling in a voicecall on the discord and we had a discussion which better was: Bedwars or Eggswars. Eventually, I and an other guy wanted to play some bedwars, so we said that we would go in another voicecall to play Bedwars. There was really no one in that voicecall. A few minutes later a mod joined us, so we asked if he wanted an invite. He said that asking for a party on other servers was punishable, so we told him that we were only asking because he joined the voicecall where we said we were playing Bedwars, and he knew that. We were just respectful and there was no toxicity or something. The mod immediately banned(!) the other guy from the discord.
Asking players to join you playing bedwars basically means that you are advertising a minigame from a different server and not from cubecraft which means that you are advertising another minecraft server in our voicechannel(s). The advertising rule is as following :

Advertising other Discord and Minecraft servers in our text and voice channels aren’t allowed. This includes streaming and sharing videos of other Minecraft servers. The only exception is for sharing videos with clips from multiple servers in it. As long as more than half of the video’s footage is recorded on CubeCraft, it will be allowed.
If we receive a report from an account sending unsolicited invites in DMs, we will issue a ban because that means you are using our Discord server as a Minecraft players database

The rule mentions that you are not allowed to advertise other minecraft servers in our voicechannel(s). Even though you didn't mention the server name and IP you still advertised games from another server. If you feel like your ban is unfair then you can always contact the moderator about it and they will take a look at it again and maybe change their mind.

Another example is that my brother was muted a few months ago. He literally said in chat when he died (not killed) “k spel”, which is “k game”. With the k he meant a Dutch curse “kut” which is just as bad as something like “shit”. A player reported him and he got muted. He didn’t even said the whole word and didn’t even hurt anyone by saying it about the game.
I quote : ''K spel'' basically means ''kut spel''. ''k spel'' is masking a swear word but in this case it's a non targetted abbreviation which means that ''k spel'' is allowed. They can appeal their mute at : https://appeals.cubecraft.net/

Furthermore, if you're unhappy with a moderator or a staff member in general then you're more than free to create a staff-feedback about them : https://www.cubecraft.net/forums/staff-feedback.53/

If you have any questions or if something isn't clear let me know! :>

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Asking players to join you playing bedwars basically means that you are advertising a minigame from a different server and not from cubecraft which means that you are advertising another minecraft server in our voicechannel(s). The advertising rule is as following :

Advertising other Discord and Minecraft servers in our text and voice channels aren’t allowed. This includes streaming and sharing videos of other Minecraft servers. The only exception is for sharing videos with clips from multiple servers in it. As long as more than half of the video’s footage is recorded on CubeCraft, it will be allowed.
If we receive a report from an account sending unsolicited invites in DMs, we will issue a ban because that means you are using our Discord server as a Minecraft players database
The rule mentions that you are not allowed to advertise other minecraft servers in our voicechannel(s). Even though you didn't mention the server name and IP you still advertised games from another server. If you feel like your ban is unfair then you can always contact the moderator about it and they will take a look at it again and maybe change their mind
But it is allowed to play other games in the voicecall right?

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Yes, though it's better to switch to a private call to avoid any confusing situations like this :)
Didn't know that friend so we couldn't really call each others. But he literally joined the vc so we asked, kind of weird that he got banned.

Felinesheep1982

Novice Member
May 5, 2020
I think the voice call thing was overkill for the mod but that the mod was right to mute for the swearing

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
Before anyone bans me for a nonsense reason like Necroposting:

22th Feb since thread’s release
(+7)
1st March
(+7)
8th March
(+7)
15th March (Today)

So I’m within the rule.

The mod immediately banned(!) the other guy from the discord.
Come on.
I feel like he/she should’ve given you a warning. While it’s not the place here to discuss rules. You both seemed you had no bad intentions, although Discord rules are relentless. Especially since you asked a mod for an invite, which is rather stupid. Still is there any harm spread upon Cube or other players? I don’t think so.

The other instance, I agree with cube, I mean these words are just sensored. However, I think an argument can be made that these words aren’t that powerful or harmful. Just don’t use those “k” words in general. Use creative words from Old Dutch: for example: “klapsigaar“, gladiool” (which is also a flower, you just pretend you study Botany) or “branieschopper”.

Just don’t insult the server in general, Cubecraft doesn’t like critique.

xNoCombo

Feb 26, 2021
Hi CubeCraft,

I’ve been waiting a long time before making this thread, but I think I will finally make it. I want to talk about moderators and their punishments. Sometimes I think it’s just childish.
I really feel like that moderators have an X number of punishments that they have to do per month. That makes it so that some moderators (I am not talking about all of them) punish people for the smallest things. I am starting to get really annoyed of some mods.

Come on.

I have experienced way more stupid things like this lately. I would say it’s really childish to punish players for such things. Some mods should ask their self if they make the community more fun for players by punishing people or just make a joke of their self.

This is not a suggestion thread, but it is just feedback. Again, not all mods are like this and I think the kind of mods I am talking about know if they feel addressed.

~Egg
agreed

Herrrooo

Jun 17, 2018
I understand you in some way, but to be honest it’s not too hard adapting to the CCG rules. Also if your brother did swear in chat and if you did offer people an invite for a different server than the Mod has all the right in punishing you.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! 💖
Top Bottom