Would You Like to Change Abilities?

• Total voters

TriangleAttack

Dedicated Member
Mar 13, 2016
Lestallum
fireemblem.wikia.com

IDEA:
Instead of having abilities you pay for with points, abilities should be in tiers based on your gameplay.
You can only equip one ability at the beginning of the game, or have a preset ability chosen in the Eggwars Shop.
I will be using the Feather weight ability in Eggwars as an example.
Every player will always begin at Tier 1. For the Feather weight ability, when the player dies their Tier goes down.
Tier 1 will have a chance to take 20% less fall damage 50% of the time.
At Tier 2 you will take 40% less fall damage 50% of the time.
At Tier 3 you will take 80% less fall damage 50% of the time.

Eggwars Points: These in game points can be achieved by Eggs Destroyed, Kills, and Eliminations.
Each egg destroyed will get you 10 points.
Each kill will get you 5 points.
Eliminations will give you 15 points.

Skywars and Points: These points can be earned by Chests Opened and Kills.
Each chest opened will get you 2 points.
Each kill will give you 10 points.

PROs & CONs
Pros:
  • New Ability Style
  • It Would Have Players Strive to Tier Up

Cons:

• May Be Confusing to New Players
  • There Will Have to Be a Way to See Your Tiers
Neutral:
  • Better players would get better perks, although true, points to upgrade your abilities now need points. Points can easily be achieved by better players.

Tags: @jollow250 , @TheBrownster904 , @Unipotato , @ElPtricko

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
I really support this idea!
I do agree that it might be confusing for new players, but I think they would get used to it in overtime.

Reactions: TriangleAttack

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
IDEA:
Instead of having abilities you pay for with points, abilities should be in tiers based on your gameplay.
You can only equip one ability at the beginning of the game, or have a preset ability chosen in the Eggwars Shop.
I will be using the Feather weight ability in Eggwars as an example.
Every player will always begin at Tier 1. For the Feather weight ability, when the player dies their Tier goes down.
Tier 1 will have a chance to take 20% less fall damage 50% of the time.
At Tier 2 you will take 40% less fall damage 50% of the time.
At Tier 3 you will take 80% less fall damage 50% of the time.
Sounds reasonable, but kind of complicated compared to the current ability system that already works just fine. I like being able to equip multiple abilities at once.

Eggwars Points: These in game points can be achieved by Eggs Destroyed, Kills, and Eliminations.
Each egg destroyed will get you 10 points.
Each kill will get you 5 points.
Eliminations will give you 15 points.

Skywars and Points: These points can be earned by Chests Opened and Kills.
Each chest opened will get you 2 points.
Each kill will give you 10 points.
Alright this I don't understand. What kind of points are you talking about?
If these are points separate from the point currency we already have, are they really that valuable? In eggwars you'd easily be able to farm a load of kills and have an advantage over others for most of the game. (assuming they're used to upgrade your abilities or something)

PROs & CONs
Pros:
  • New Ability Style
  • It Would Have Players Strive to Tier Up

Cons:

• May Be Confusing to New Players
  • There Will Have to Be a Way to See Your Tiers
Neutral:
  • Better players would get better perks, although true, points to upgrade your abilities now need points. Points can easily be achieved by better players.
Like you already said, it'd be very confusing to newcomers and better players would have an even bigger advantage.
Also: The new ability style isn't necessarily a pro. I play skywars without any abilities and perform pretty well, and I feel like I don't even need abilities on Eggwars. Having players thinking that they can "strive for the next tier" is also kind of... well... "meh". It's not much of a difference, and abilities really aren't something you'd grind for in a game since they only work every so often passively.

I'd rather stick to the current system.

A

A pigeon

I dislike abilities in the first place and i would prefer keeping their effect minimal for as long as possible , this thread however , decreases the use of abilities by limiting the number of them you can choose to one.

Therefore i am in favour of this thread.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I think this is a really cool idea, but I'm not sure if this would work out too well. The current abilities are quite passive, they don't affect gameplay that much and they don't become super useful until the higher levels. If this system was implemented, I think Feather Weight would be the only perk every used, and even then it's not that useful because it has a quite high chance of not activating making it unreliable. This system could be neat for aggressive abilities like strength or resistance, but with the current system, I don't think it would work well. I prefer the current abilities the way they are.
Great suggestion! <3

Reactions: TriangleAttack

ElPtricko

Dedicated Member
Sep 12, 2016
Denmark
The idea is really cool.
But it can become very confusing.

I do like that we would need to be better players to upgrade our abilities and it would make more sense actually.

I support this idea, though a guide to use this system could be useful ;)

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

BicolourSine41 wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
BicolourSine41 wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Sorry that i am late but Happy Birthday!! 🎈
BicolourSine41 wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy Birthday!!
GiGaGekkies wrote on xEefster's profile.
Happy Birthday!
Top Bottom