Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Jul 4, 2017
I think the general structure of Infection is great, although the general over-effectiveness of camping and hiding is a bit of a nuisance. Nevertheless, it is as advertised: last-second games almost every time.

However, there is one aspect that, while not game-breaking, is a bit of an issue for me personally: stone axes.

Almost every player on both teams currently has a stone axe in their kit, and it's a terribly imbalanced start to the game. Stone axes are a 2-crit kill against anything except a Golem or an iron-armored player. This is a much faster kill than any other method at the game's start (or even the game's end), and easier to pull off simply due to it requiring less successful attacks to kill. This is too powerful of a weapon for a game where players have very low armor for the most part.

There are two solutions:
  1. Replace stone axes with gold axes; it attacks slightly faster, but only does 7 base damage instead of the stone axe's 9, which is much more balanced. Of course, this comes at the cost of increasing everyone's wood-breaking speed.
  2. Reduce all stone axe damage values to 7; this would have to include crafted stone axes as well, which I'm not certain is feasible. However, if it is feasible to reduce the damage of all stone axes, then suddenly there's much more value to crafting an iron or diamond axe, as they are now the only 9-damage weapons in the game. And, this solution comes without changing the wood-breaking speed of players.

Reactions: Maaarijn

someone1234567890

May 6, 2016
I think the general structure of Infection is great, although the general over-effectiveness of camping and hiding is a bit of a nuisance. Nevertheless, it is as advertised: last-second games almost every time.

However, there is one aspect that, while not game-breaking, is a bit of an issue for me personally: stone axes.

Almost every player on both teams currently has a stone axe in their kit, and it's a terribly imbalanced start to the game. Stone axes are a 2-crit kill against anything except a Golem or an iron-armored player. This is a much faster kill than any other method at the game's start (or even the game's end), and easier to pull off simply due to it requiring less successful attacks to kill. This is too powerful of a weapon for a game where players have very low armor for the most part.

There are two solutions:
  1. Replace stone axes with gold axes; it attacks slightly faster, but only does 7 base damage instead of the stone axe's 9, which is much more balanced. Of course, this comes at the cost of increasing everyone's wood-breaking speed.
  2. Reduce all stone axe damage values to 7; this would have to include crafted stone axes as well, which I'm not certain is feasible. However, if it is feasible to reduce the damage of all stone axes, then suddenly there's much more value to crafting an iron or diamond axe, as they are now the only 9-damage weapons in the game. And, this solution comes without changing the wood-breaking speed of players.
Maybe they have to add gold axes. Yes it would be nice

Jackxist

Dedicated Member
Apr 25, 2016
Capetown, South Africa
I am not sure about the 2 crit kill as I did 3 crits to kill someone in leather, But a no armored person gets killed in 2 crits. Also, I think that this is balanced and never had a problem with this before in the game. I personally think it is balanced so I am going to have to disagree, Goodluck though and have a wonderful day :)

Reactions: GewoonGamenYT
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on s4mways's profile.
thanks for the follow! 🎈
Asking... Schedule meetings... Writing questions... Recording... Editing... Rendering... Before preparations... Finished:D Redo! Asking... A system I have built up while working on the Sapphire Interviews Series!:D More videos and more info will come!
Matriox wrote on Basketman's profile.
uhu :thisisfine:
Kloska wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday!
Capitan wrote on Eli's profile.
Happy birthday Elivat!
Top Bottom