Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
If you see a hacker, record him, maybe edit, upload it to YouTube, fill out all the information to report them, you put in all this effort, only for your report to get a big red CLOSED just because the anti-cheat has already banned them. This, in my opinion, is very annoying. So many of my reports have been closed, even if the person in question was hacking and I made the report as fast as I could, straight after it happened, just because the anti-cheat got there first. This is especially annoying for people that want to apply for helper, as they publicly state:
thing13.PNG
If you made a report within a short time of the incident, it is a good report and the person was indeed breaking the rules, then it has been "Handled", not "Closed". This really needs to change, it would require so little effort as well.

Thanks, Iggleboz.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
If you made a report within a short time of the incident, it is a good report and the person was indeed breaking the rules, then it has been "Handled", not "Closed". This really needs to change, it would require so little effort as well.

Thanks, Iggleboz.
Haha I also wanted to make a thread about this topic!
I think the staff team should add an "AP" prefix to reports which have already been handled due another player who reported the rulebreaker(s).
Why the "AP" prefix? AP=already punished.
And... What colour? It should have a blue colour.
BTW: why is this a rant?

D

Deleted member 352903

Haha I also wanted to make a thread about this topic!
I think the staff team should add an "AP" prefix to reports which have already been handled due another player who reported the rulebreaker(s).
Why the "AP" prefix? AP=already punished.
With orange color.

Edit: blue’s better.

MrGrumpyCheese

Dedicated Member
Jul 15, 2016
Classic Edition
How would making these reports 'handled' help? They are useless reports, since the player is already punished, so you're actually making it harder take even longer for staff to get to new reports since there are effectively duplicates. By rewarding reporters for doing this, you'll only increase the number of useless reports.

I suggest just waiting a day or two after you recorded your evidence, then checking if the player is already banned before submitting your own report. That way, fewer of your reports are closed and fewer needless reports are created.

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016
If you see a hacker, record him, maybe edit, upload it to YouTube, fill out all the information to report them, you put in all this effort, only for your report to get a big red CLOSED just because the anti-cheat has already banned them. This, in my opinion, is very annoying. So many of my reports have been closed, even if the person in question was hacking and I made the report as fast as I could, straight after it happened, just because the anti-cheat got there first. This is especially annoying for people that want to apply for helper, as they publicly state: View attachment 142221 If you made a report within a short time of the incident, it is a good report and the person was indeed breaking the rules, then it has been "Handled", not "Closed". This really needs to change, it would require so little effort as well.

Thanks, Iggleboz.
You can see in the messages that it reflects over your capability to see illegal modifications. But if the player was already banned and your report was closed, that doesn’t really mean you cant see illegal modifications. I do agree with @RemiO05 because that way if you ever apply for staff then they can see that you can identify people cheating or breaking the rules. I don’t get annoyed by it, but I can see how it is.
+1

Komodо

Forum Professional
May 29, 2015
Amersfoort, The Netherlands
www.cubecraft.net
No, with the blue colour, otherwise it looks like the "opened" prefix.
Already Punished be like: I'm blue dabedee dabadaa I would beat off a guy.

Anyways, Although I don't make that many reports (14:() I still think it's a good idea. Especially for people with way more reports.Even I have had struggles with the situation that it has been and is now.

Nevertheless, I think I missed the "RANT" part. Is that a secret message to bring Blockband back?

Priley

Forum Professional
Jul 6, 2015
reprotland
If you see a hacker, record him, maybe edit, upload it to YouTube, fill out all the information to report them, you put in all this effort, only for your report to get a big red CLOSED just because the anti-cheat has already banned them. This, in my opinion, is very annoying. So many of my reports have been closed, even if the person in question was hacking and I made the report as fast as I could, straight after it happened, just because the anti-cheat got there first. This is especially annoying for people that want to apply for helper, as they publicly state: View attachment 142221 If you made a report within a short time of the incident, it is a good report and the person was indeed breaking the rules, then it has been "Handled", not "Closed". This really needs to change, it would require so little effort as well.

Thanks, Iggleboz.
If your report about a hacker got closed, or any other report, because the user was already punished, it doesn't mean you can't identify illegal modifications or you don't understand the rules.
Besides, I have to agree with the fact that it is quite annoying to see a "Closed" because the player is already punished "via a different report or ingame".

Reactions: Iggleboz

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Just don't...
Reporting players isn't a game where you need to be faster than Sentinel.
And if you only play for the reports to get Helper. You shouldn't play at all.
After all, be happy that Sentinel banned the one you reported.

remio

Forum Professional
Sep 18, 2016
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Just don't...
This is actually one of the worst things to say to players.
Players report because they want to make the server clean, not only because they want to become helper.
And: everybody is allowed to make a suggestion thread, right? Why did you say "please don't"?

Reactions: Iggleboz

Iggleboz

Aug 30, 2016
Neutral Bay
www.youtube.com
That just proves my point even further. You shouldn't have to have a report where you put time and effort into making be labelled as closed because Sentinel banned them first, meaning you would have to be as fast as possible, rushing your report so that your report can be handled. No. Your report should be handled (or "AP") if you identified them cheating, recorded a good supply of evidence, maybe edited then uploaded it to YouTube, and filled out the report info.
Whoever said I only report people so that I have better chances of becoming a helper? For your information, I haven't even applied since over a year ago and I don't plan on applying anytime soon. I report people because it's the right thing to do. I only said:
This is especially annoying for people that want to apply for helper, as they publicly state: View attachment 142221
because other people apply for helper and also suffer this problem. Jeez.
After all, be happy that Sentinel banned the one you reported.
Of course I'm happy that they got banned, yes. What I'm not happy about is putting time and effort into reports only for them to get denied because Sentinel already banned them. I don't wish Sentinel to fail so I can get the credit or anything like that, all the CubeCraft staff need to do is put a Handled or an AP if your report was good but the rule-breaker was already punished.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
That just proves my point even further. You shouldn't have to have a report where you put time and effort into making be labelled as closed because Sentinel banned them first, meaning you would have to be as fast as possible, rushing your report so that your report can be handled. No. Your report should be handled (or "AP") if you identified them cheating, recorded a good supply of evidence, maybe edited then uploaded it to YouTube, and filled out the report info.

Whoever said I only report people so that I have better chances of becoming a helper? For your information, I haven't even applied since over a year ago and I don't plan on applying anytime soon. I report people because it's the right thing to do. I only said:
because other people apply for helper and also suffer this problem. Jeez.

Of course I'm happy that they got banned, yes. What I'm not happy about is putting time and effort into reports only for them to get denied because Sentinel already banned them. I don't wish Sentinel to fail so I can get the credit or anything like that, all the CubeCraft staff need to do is put a Handled or an AP if your report was good but the rule-breaker was already punished.
Why do you need credit for it?

Jef15ist

Dedicated Member
Jun 7, 2016
India
Unless the report was closed for:
  • A false report
  • The player not cheating
  • Insufficient Evidence
You don't have to worry about those reports being closed. And then again I don't think it's a big deal if it gets denied as well.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Playing SkyBlock with my boyfriend almost feels like therapy. Just chilling around and finishing quests :))))
Basketman wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Thanks for the follow Pro Rocket player.
JokeKaedee wrote on tanjaroea677's profile.
Happy birthday <3
With the Java map rotations happening soon, there is a possibility of new maps coming to Bedrock shortly after!
2v2 bedwars sucked so bad it made me a skywars main again
Top Bottom