Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
Hello there!

I was enjoying some FFA (Java) when I stumbled across something I thought was worth mentioning. On the map 'Oil Rig' there are a few hoppers placed on the ceiling which are only visible from below. If you look up to them you can see this:
hoppers.png

hoppers (2).png

Now keep in mind this might also be the specific texture pack that I'm using, but to me that looks like a 'swastika', which is a reference to WW2. I'm not sure what the purpose of these hoppers are, but I think it looks weird and it was worth sharing, perhabs it could be removed? I'm not sure if I'm the first one who notices this but I'm certainly not the last! :)

Take care! 💙

Attachments

• hoppers.png
    hoppers.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 112

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Hello there!

I was enjoying some FFA (Java) when I stumbled across something I thought was worth mentioning. On the map 'Oil Rig' there are a few hoppers placed on the ceiling which are only visible from below. If you look up to them you can see this:

Now keep in mind this might also be the specific texture pack that I'm using, but to me that looks like a 'swastika', which is a reference to WW2. I'm not sure what the purpose of these hoppers are, but I think it looks weird and it was worth sharing, perhabs it could be removed? I'm not sure if I'm the first one who notices this but I'm certainly not the last! :)

Take care! 💙
I don't know what the hell is that doing there, but it should be removed ASAP.

Cathie

Feb 10, 2021
The Netherlands
Pronouns
She/Her
With the first screenshot I didn’t even see it so thanks for posting the 2nd one as well xd but yes good eye!

• Love
Reactions: Siza

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
With the first screenshot I didn’t even see it so thanks for posting the 2nd one as well xd but yes good eye!
No problem! I figured it might be hard to see on that screenshot :P

I feel like this is very minor and nitpicky. It looks more like a fan hanging from the ceiling or some tubes.
I agree, it is a very minor error in the map. Although I also think it wouldn't be a problem to have it removed as it looks like it could just be removed without any problems. It does not really serve a purpose.
And yes, you need a little effort to see it making it a bit less likely that a lot of players will see this. But then again, it is visible how nitpicky I may be.

But I think it was worth bringing to all of your attention even if it's not worth removing :))

76308.png

texture pack issue
I honestly do not see the hoppers here on this screenshot, am I just blind or are there none? 😆

Reactions: Matriox

Evaluatiefout

Jan 6, 2021
The Netherlands
I still dont really see it tbh but i also could be blind, and w my 32 days of ffa can i see i dont see a reason why to remove it? its not giving any problems and the makers of the maps probs put it there for a reason?

Matriox

Forum Expert
Jun 15, 2020
Ireland
discord.gg
Pronouns
He/Him
No problem! I figured it might be hard to see on that screenshot :P

I agree, it is a very minor error in the map. Although I also think it wouldn't be a problem to have it removed as it looks like it could just be removed without any problems. It does not really serve a purpose.
And yes, you need a little effort to see it making it a bit less likely that a lot of players will see this. But then again, it is visible how nitpicky I may be.

But I think it was worth bringing to all of your attention even if it's not worth removing :))

I honestly do not see the hoppers here on this screenshot, am I just blind or are there none? 😆
Yea I don't see any hoppers on the screenshot xd

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I still dont really see it tbh but i also could be blind, and w my 32 days of ffa can i see i dont see a reason why to remove it? its not giving any problems and the makers of the maps probs put it there for a reason?
It might have been put there as a design for the map. Absolutely no bad intentions, but now that I have seen this once I can't unsee it 😂
I guess it also wouldnt hurt to turn them around? In that way its the same thing but it doesn't show this swastika.

Yea I don't see any hoppers on the screenshot xd
Okay good I'm not the only one haha!

Evaluatiefout

Jan 6, 2021
The Netherlands
It might have been put there as a design for the map. Absolutely no bad intentions, but now that I have seen this once I can't unsee it 😂
I guess it also wouldnt hurt to turn them around? In that way its the same thing but it doesn't show this swastika.

Okay good I'm not the only one haha!
I also dont see them! I checked today but i couldnt find them

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
I've gotten a lot of replies saying it's either not there or it's my texture pack. I'll check it as soon as I can and come back to yall!

ghostofvici

Jun 18, 2022
Hello there!

Take care!
Uhhhhh. Yeah this better be removed. God damn.

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
It is not a texture pack issue, as with the default texture pack I have gone to another area of the map that also contains hoppers on the roof and you can still see this 'inappropriate' symbol. Also, the hoppers of @Siza screenshot have been removed, since they are simply not there anymore although are still present in other areas.

2022-06-23_21.08.02.png

2022-06-23_21.09.59.png

Anyways, I don't think it's that bad. They are simply hoppers which you have to look very closely to appreciate that symbol, and I'm sure they weren't built that way intentionally.

ghostofvici

Jun 18, 2022
It is not a texture pack issue, as with the default texture pack I have gone to another area of the map that also contains hoppers on the roof and you can still see this 'inappropriate' symbol. Also, the hoppers of @Siza screenshot have been removed, since they are simply not there anymore although are still present in other areas.

Anyways, I don't think it's that bad. They are simply hoppers which you have to look very closely to appreciate that symbol, and I'm sure they weren't built that way intentionally.
Okay that's good to know

Siza

Nov 11, 2018
You're right, they were not built intentionally. And it's indeed not all that bad if you really think about it. Though I still think some people might find it weird which is why I created this suggestion, to express my concerns. :)

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom