Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Yes or no

• Total voters

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
I think this would make it so people are going to be abusing this. Let’s say trap people in corners or making it so stone tankers can get onto buildings which they normally shouldn’t be able to (by following the player using this trail)

To fix this, you can make the blocks a client-sided thing only. It's quite simple to do. Accounting for the client sided blocks shouldn't be too hard. It would make a very funny effect of the player air walking when they really aren't.

While it (ocassionally) triggers (unconfigured) Matrix Anticheat on my local, exceptions could be added to prevent fly checks on ranks with this perk. Who would be dumb to use fly while being Emerald/Obsidian on a main lobby?
You really going to pull a Matrix falses? Poor Matrix developer. 😔

First of all nice work done so far. It looks quite developed and it's a funny idea!

Although it's a funny idea and it's comprehensible that you'd like to have a new perk to explore the lobby with, I had to vote no -1.
Let me explain you why I think this perk is rather bad to use:
1. As you said it's less flying and more walking on blocks, which could lead to unwanted checks from an anticheat.

It shouldn't cause any problems with Sentinel. I know people say Sentinel false bans a lot, but it's not so bad that blocks being added and removed will cause anything.

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
DrHam you amaze me, even more, every day with your great ideas. I voted yes, and since even a developer said it would be ok I would love to see this. I think diamond ranks would like to have something similar to /fly and this gives them this. The only thing I would like to ask is some more advanced stuff. How is this enabled? Would you use a command? Oh, and do you just double space to go up and shift to go down. I get this isn't really 100% necessary to think about but I'm curious.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
DrHam you amaze me, even more, every day with your great ideas. I voted yes, and since even a developer said it would be ok I would love to see this. I think diamond ranks would like to have something similar to /fly and this gives them this. The only thing I would like to ask is some more advanced stuff. How is this enabled? Would you use a command? Oh, and do you just double space to go up and shift to go down. I get this isn't really 100% necessary to think about but I'm curious.

I'm going to try to make myself clear. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this feature and would love to see it implemented. But, I have very little say in if this would be implemented or even be on the priority of the development team. I only work on Sentinel. I was just giving some feedback to the dissenting :P

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
I'm going to try to make myself clear. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against this feature and would love to see it implemented. But, I have very little say in if this would be implemented or even be on the priority of the development team. I only work on Sentinel. I was just giving some feedback to the dissenting :p
I get that, most people voted no because they think it would cause server issues, but since you cleared that up I was just mentioning it.

Reactions: funkemunky

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
To fix this, you can make the blocks a client-sided thing only. It's quite simple to do. Accounting for the client sided blocks shouldn't be too hard. It would make a very funny effect of the player air walking when they really aren't.
Indeed, I was originally going to suggest it like that, but after having seen the “effect”, it reminded me to tron a bit and thought it could be funny to see player airwalking like that
You really going to pull a Matrix falses? Poor Matrix developer.
In Matrix developers defence, it’s an old version (from back when it was free and on Spigot) and unconfigured because I couldnt bother to
The only thing I would like to ask is some more advanced stuff. How is this enabled? Would you use a command?
Idk, as I made for the Kingdom Wars prelobby, it was enables while the game was waiting for players and during the countdown. Guess it could be a setting

it’s Player#sendBlockChange, not digging into nms directly here, does that change anything regarding detections?

Reactions: funkemunky

Odieuse

May 14, 2016
Delft
I'm going to use a gif because idk how to explain this

Not flying, not walking: flywalking
I suggest making a new perk for either Diamond (as it's not really flying), Emerald or Obsidian. As seen in the gif, it spawns a trail of blocks, allowing you of exploring the lobby flywalking (not as fast as flying, but you can float).
giphy.gif

It's pretty gimmick, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see people using this.

i used red glass, but could be any block. and pls don't say its hard, im not an expert and this took me little to no time to make c:
Wow looks nice man. Meby they should add it for obsidian only since there is not much between emerald and obsidian. If this gets added they have a new gadget that makes obsidian rank a lot more interesting for the community.

Reactions: Fqnta
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

marshduck11 wrote on Kloska's profile.
Happy birthday fellow duck!
Thjis wrote on Kloska's profile.
TimBDay.jpeg

Happy Bday Tim :)
Closing in on 30!
RobinDn wrote on ItzJqlmer's profile.