Yes or no

• Total voters

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I'm going to use a gif because idk how to explain this

Not flying, not walking: flywalking
I suggest making a new perk for either Diamond (as it's not really flying), Emerald or Obsidian. As seen in the gif, it spawns a trail of blocks, allowing you of exploring the lobby flywalking (not as fast as flying, but you can float).
giphy.gif

It's pretty gimmick, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see people using this.

i used red glass, but could be any block. and pls don't say its hard, im not an expert and this took me little to no time to make c:

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Nice job on making this, I must say. I can't do anything like this for my life.

As cool as this looks I sadly have to disagree, I personally don't really like this idea and I think it should stay as it is. I fly in lobbies because it's just faster to get to places. Let's say I wanted to do a few PvP matches, I can fly back to the NPC every time fairly quickly. It's just a lot faster this way in my opinion and I think the blocks would just be impractical when doing this.

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
I fly in lobbies because it's just faster to get to places. Let's say I wanted to do a few PvP matches, I can fly back to the NPC every time fairly quickly. It's just a lot faster this way in my opinion and I think the blocks would just be impractical when doing this
It's pretty gimmick, but I think it'd be pretty cool to see people using this.
Not really practical, just a cool thing that, afaik, has never been used before in any other server before.

It could also open up a new possibility: 3D Line Dash joke

• Love
Reactions: Rawrbin and Meiske

Meiske

Designer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Aug 27, 2017
The Netherlands
www.planetminecraft.com
Not really practical, just a cool thing that, afaik, has never been used before in any other server before.

Yes, it definitely does look cool and is pretty unique as I haven't seen it anywhere, I'm just saying I personally wouldn't use it since it wouldn't really be to my convenience.

FloLoFlo

Mar 31, 2020
Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
First of all nice work done so far. It looks quite developed and it's a funny idea!

Although it's a funny idea and it's comprehensible that you'd like to have a new perk to explore the lobby with, I had to vote no -1.
Let me explain you why I think this perk is rather bad to use:
1. As you said it's less flying and more walking on blocks, which could lead to unwanted checks from an anticheat.
2. While "walking" on blocks one player claimes or requires a lot of space, which fills in the worst case the half lobby.
3. Having a trail of blocks underneath and behind a player can also cause bugs to occur. For example other players stucking in those blocks etc.
4. It's a perk that, in relation to its use, consumes too much computing power and server resources, because every block and track must be calculated - and that is sadly out of proportion :( .
I hope my arguements are understandable.

Flo

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
As you said it's less flying and more walking on blocks, which could lead to unwanted checks from an anticheat.
While it (ocassionally) triggers (unconfigured) Matrix Anticheat on my local, exceptions could be added to prevent fly checks on ranks with this perk. Who would be dumb to use fly while being Emerald/Obsidian on a main lobby?

While "walking" on blocks one player claimes or requires a lot of space, which fills in the worst case the half lobby.
Blocks despawn after ~1 second (I made it every 25 ticks, which is a bit more than a second)

Having a trail of blocks underneath and behind a player can also cause bugs to occur. For example other players stucking in those blocks etc.
Nope. Same reason as above

It's a perk that, in relation to its use, consumes too much computing power and server resources, because every block and track must be calculated - and that is sadly out of proportion
Again, no. In my code, I check if the player changes block (the PlayerMoveEvent gets called a lot of time) so it's already filtering a lot of "calculations" (which is getting player's y-1). Then the "original block" gets stored in a HashMap (location - block). Then every 25 ticks I iterate through the HashMap, reverting the block change. This is nothing compared to anticheat checks or even certain minigames.
Tried with 5 alts (offline mode) and it didn't have any impact on TPS

maflenoo

Dedicated Member
May 2, 2017
Egypt
Pronouns
He/Him
You are thanked for think about this idea :D
But in my point of view, I think no need for this because plus rank has already elytra and with the last lobby update they released a pressure plate which can give you a good jump to explore the lobby. Besides, if you were lucky, you would get the ender bow which teleport you to any place in the lobby you shoot on!

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
You are thanked for think about this idea :D
But in my point of view, I think no need for this because plus rank has already elytra and with the last lobby update they released a pressure plate which can give you a good jump to explore the lobby. Besides, if you were lucky, you would get the ender bow which teleport you to any place in the lobby you shoot on!

Xavi | Goofy

Quality Assurance and Support
Team CubeCraft
🧪 Quality Assurance
💌 Customer Support
May 14, 2019
Belgium
Pronouns
He/Him
I think this would make it so people are going to be abusing this. Let’s say trap people in corners or making it so stone tankers can get onto buildings which they normally shouldn’t be able to (by following the player using this trail)

DrHam

Forum Veteran
Sep 15, 2015
Kepler-452b
Let’s say trap people in corners or making it so stone tankers can get onto buildings which they normally shouldn’t be able to (by following the player using this trail)
Again, block despawm a bit after they spawn, it’s impossible or very hard to trap someone Even if they do, it could be reported for trolling

Last edited:
Reactions: Fqnta
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom