Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Do you think this change will be benefical?

• yes, why?

• no, why?

• maybe, why?

• why, why?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

byelol

Novice Member
Oct 24, 2019
the void
While it takes skill and a lot of effort our current leaderboards can be very intimidating if you just started playing any popular game on cube and being a previous top 10 on eggwars(to2) leaderboard we do our best to keep it that way. On the other hand, if you have been playing for a long time the amount of grinding necessary to stay on top can become job-like. Adding more variety to the leaderboards would allow anyone to hop on and play for a reasonable time and be able to reach a goal and have a good time as well as adding friendly competition that will want you to come back for more.

• Leaderboards
    • Daily, Weekly, and Monthly leaderboard(keep all-time)
    • Wins, Kills, Last category specific to game type
    • Type
      • I listed 4 but I do think that there should only be 3 available per game because having that many seem unnecessary.
      • Wins: leaderboard that tracks the number of wins a player has
      • Kills: leaderboard that tracks the number of kills a player has
      • Winstreak: leaderboard that tracks the uninterrupted sequence of success in games
      • Specific to game type: ex: eggwars: eggs broken, skywars: chests opened, etc.
    • Time
      • Daily: leaderboard that resets every 24 hrs
      • Weekly: leaderboard that resets every 7 days
      • Monthly: leaderboard that resets every 28-31 days
      • All-time: leaderboard that does not reset :)

Thanks for reading, I really think this will be a great idea and would love to read any other thoughts on this idea or something similar to it thank you. (I did my best to see if there were any threads that the staff had progressed and decide to work on so please let me know if this post is unnecessary.)

Egg🥚

Gameplay Engineer
Team CubeCraft
🎨 Designer
Jul 12, 2020
The Netherlands
Daily, Weekly, and Monthly leaderboard(keep all-time)
I don’t think a weekly lb is really useful. Hypixel uses one, but barely anyone looks at it. Imo daily and monthly is enough.
Specific to game type: ex: eggwars: eggs broken, skywars: chests opened, etc.
I don’t really think that information is important enough to make a lb for. I think most players don’t care. Besides, you could easily farm the chests opened lb by just spamming on chests..

Reactions: byelol

WaspBrain

Aug 6, 2020
Cubecraft, please add more Leaderboards, daily, weekly, monthly wins in each gamemode, and maybe ones for other stats, like most eliminations or eggs broken. Also please give us like #1 or whatever ([rank] WaspBrain #1) at the end on our names for being on main wins leaderboard like goodyannathan suggested. Also, having statues or even just the heads of the top 5 in the lobbies would be SICK, would add a bit of variation to all of the salesmen npc's yous have ;P

PS. OH and also, please make a winstreak leaderboard, or at least just have a winstreak stat so we can count them and prove it without having to record every game (I get you can take before and after screenshots but its just not the same). There should also be a "Greatest/Highest winstreak" stat

meliodas9463808

Novice Member
Feb 8, 2021
UK,London
I agree with this idea because It will definitely motivate players to play the games more whilst not feeling overwhelmed by the current leaderboards with there already such high numbers/wins.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
While it takes skill
It doesn’t I sat 5th on Leaderbords for 8+ months now with much inactivity (realjaycg, duo eggwars)
Toby2Spades was 1st on leaderbords for like 3months after leaving the entire server and minecraft.
There isn’t much skill, just time...
If you have been playing for a long time the amount of grinding necessary to stay on top can become job-like.
Read above lol.
Adding more variety to the leaderboards would allow anyone to hop on and play for a reasonable time and be able to reach a goal and have a good time as well as adding friendly competition that will want you to come back for more.
Lol, I know it’s meant to be a cool thing I get it, but I can grind 200wins a day in duo eggwars and be 1st every day.
And there is a lot of people like me who have that time to do that that already are on boards. Kind of encourages alts as well.
Kills: leaderboard that tracks the number of kills a player has
-Encourages Kill Farming, make it Eliminations
Winstreak: leaderboard that tracks the uninterrupted sequence of success in games
yes please I agree
Specific to game type: ex: eggwars: eggs broken, skywars: chests opened, etc.
Ew, well maybe minigames won in Minerware.
Daily: leaderboard that resets every 24 hrs
no, alts bad
Weekly: leaderboard that resets every 7 days
Maybe
Monthly: leaderboard that resets every 28-31 days
yes, and replace daily with yearly

byelol

Novice Member
Oct 24, 2019
the void
It doesn’t I sat 5th on Leaderbords for 8+ months now with much inactivity (realjaycg, duo eggwars)
Toby2Spades was 1st on leaderbords for like 3months after leaving the entire server and minecraft.
There isn’t much skill, just time...
i get what your saying was just trying to make suggestion longer than two lines lmao.

DarkStray

Dedicated Member
Sep 17, 2019
United States
youtube.com
i get what your saying was just trying to make suggestion longer than two lines lmao.
I like monthly maybe weekly
But not as bords in social menu’s maybe like in hive how it’s in the middle of nowhere but social menu is just an extra ser of buttons that lead to more making it more complicated. Especially to check a board that resets.
(surprisingly a lot of decent players don’t even know what leaderboards are. Example: I get called a hacker I say “I am 5th on Leaderboards why would I hack?” And they responded “there is no leaderboards, you aren’t even good enough to be on it and you hack”)
And if cube does this I would like to see a countdown when it will reset

• Agree
Reactions: byelol

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Hey, thanks for the suggestion!

You'll be happy to hear that this is something that we've planned in quite great detail internally. 👀 We definitely agree that, as a new player trying to get on the leaderboard, it is... very daunting.

We're hoping with this update that we can also have a more outreaching leaderboard placement, as at the moment you need to navigate through six different menus to get there on Bedrock. However, it may require some time as our backend leaderboards system will need a fair amount of refactoring to support timescales & statistics seamlessly.

I'll be marking this suggestion as planned - thanks to everyone for your suggestions around this! 😄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Capitan's profile.
Congratulations on hitting over 4 000 in Reaction Score! 💙
some people need to talk to their internet provider to buy them a gym membership because theyre too FAT to take knockback
Today... 216 wins in one day!
1711671596534.png
Top Bottom