Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

6qm_

Novice Member
May 7, 2017
New Jersey, USA
My fellow Cubecraft friends,

It was a few months ago that Mojang announced that Minecraft will be receiving an "Overhaul" to PvP... YET AGAIN!1 Many players amongst different servers have asked the golden question; What does the next PvP overhaul mean? Why is Mojang changing up the system again? After asking these rhetorical questions, I will try to have an answer by giving multiple ideas on what this could mean.
Minecraft 1.9+ PvP combat has been notorious for Cubecraft. Players are VERY, and I mean VERY limited to the servers that support 1.9 PvP combat. Few players currently see a few PotPvP servers active with Cubecraft to be a community based server that functions on the 1.9 PvP combat system. Do not get me wrong here, I am not here to bash on any other servers that supports 1.8 PvP combat. Most Cubecrafters are not very fond of having to click their mouse fast to get combos on others. With this being said, I would like to focus on how other communites reacted to the 1.9 PvP combat update.
Mojang could be changing up the system due to the amount of players that support the previous combat system. Does this mean Cubecraft should be obliged to change their system of PvP combat? I do not think so, but some may players deem it appropriate in the future. Cubecraft is a business, nonetheless. Regardless of a single player/players standpoint/s are, we, as a community, have to accept that businesses have to do what all businesses want to get. MONEY. No, I am not calling Cubecraft money hungry... I am stating that this server would not be able to run without the funds for; server maintenance, server hosting, staffing (I am not sure if staff gets paid, so please correct me if I am wrong.), etc. Myself, being an Obsidian rank, sees the benefits of playing 1.9 PvP combat.
There were a few different YouTubers that "reacted" to the change announcement. One in particular was Tenebrous, a popular YouTuber for playing on Hypixel that made a video on how Mojang should take the PvP combat overhaul back to a 1.8 style PvP combat.3
On February 29th, 2016, the 1.9 PvP combat change was released and brought into Minecraft.3 Some users made a forum with a poll asking how users would react to a drastic PvP combat change. The results were as expected.
With a total of 260 voters; 53.5% (139 votes) voted for the PvP combat system to be changed back to 1.8 PvP combat.
9.6% (25 votes) stated "I don't know", leaving 36.9% (96 votes) to supporting the idea leading to the new combat system.4
It is assumed, from statistics/polls, that Mojang will more than likely switch back to a 1.8 PvP style combat system. What does this mean for Cubecraft? This means Cubecraft can make the decision to go with the flow by updating, or stay put on the 1.9 PvP combat system. Easier said than done though, since server owners need to take into consideration what will help them keep the server alive, or what will generate more players, etc. Cubecraft as a whole has been lacking the amount of players that is usually seen during this time of year, compared to the last few years. I do recall seeing almost or close to 30,000, if not MORE or less players online at once. Cubecraft has made it orthodox of them to stay with the 1.9 PvP combat system. Unfortunately, there was a big downfall of keeping things this way.
If we can average the max players in the last few years, excluding this current year, to 30,000, we can have some statistics to base my evidence off of. Currently, as you are reading this, there are a concurrent total of 2008 players online (The time, 00:58/12:58 AM, is very late/early in European time zones, but the average percentile should be around the same.) Let me make a statement by saying the average player count has DECREASED by 93.06%, leaving a whopping 6.94% of players still active or becoming active. Note that this is not accurate, as I have made assumptions/averages. I based my averages off of recollections and In-game menu totals.
The next overhaul, which has yet to be announced a specific version, will definitely be a big decision for Cubecraft to make. Majority of the Cubecraft community members will be stuck and are still in love with the 1.9 PvP combat system. Please refer to the citations I made below in order to fully understand where I received most of my information from. Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read this. I hope that you understand my theories and respected my opinions. I am not expecting a rebuttal, but I am very open to one as I love to engage in conversations.

Much love to this amazing community and others reading,
6qm

1https://twitter.com/docm77/status/1001763772111958016
3https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/1.9
4https://www.mineplex.com/forums/m/1...87498-minecraft-19-combatpvp-update/post/last

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
Mojang is probably not returning the old combat system. They’re going to release a improved version of 1.11 PvP instead.

Reactions: 6qm_
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Frontlane wrote on Puov's profile.
hoi
Finally some free time in the upcoming days. Time to play sw and skyblock hehehehhe
Eli wrote on Eli Shane's profile.
Legend
Eli
This app feature is so convenient!

1713280002706.png
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on JokeKaedee's profile.
Cool person appreciation moment!:D
Top Bottom