Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
To become a a Helper, you need to be fluent English speaker which is an excellent requirement.
But there is one problem, which I see often-
Someone created thread for help in other language(Like Russian for exsample) and they reply with English because they don’t know the other language which is fine but the guy who asked for help won’t understand the reply.I have few solutions for this:
-They can use Google translate which may be risky but it can still solve the problem.
-They can ask questions in the translation team like,,What is this language” or ,,What are they saying” so they can reply in a way they will be helpful.
-They should use a bit simpler English words, because some people may understand a little bit of the language, but they may lose the connection in the words staff members use.
Hope you like the idea, because this can solve many people’s problems.

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
-They can use Google translate which may be risky but it can still solve the problem.
I know you're referring to the thread I locked earlier today which might have been the wrong thing to do. But as you said, we can use Google translate, but they can also use it.
-They should use a bit simpler English words, because some people may understand a little bit of the language, but they may lose the connection in the words staff members use.
This is what I replied with: "Please report it as a bug here. If you have any questions, feel free to start a conversation with me.". I think everyone can understand/use Google translate to translate that sentence. I also gave him two links, one to the report site and one to start a conversation with me if he doesn't understand, so I didn't leave him in confusion. In this case, he just said there was a bug, which is easy to answer. No big explanation is needed. If it was a bigger question, I would have handled the situation differently. This is just my point of view :)

Reactions: remio and Keanu

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I know you're referring to the thread I locked earlier today which might have been the wrong thing to do. But as you said, we can use Google translate, but they can also use it.

This is what I replied with: "Please report it as a bug here. If you have any questions, feel free to start a conversation with me.". I think everyone can understand/use Google translate to translate that sentence. I also gave him two links, one to the report site and one to start a conversation with me if he doesn't understand, so I didn't leave him in confusion. In this case, he just said there was a bug, which is easy to answer. No big explanation is needed. If it was a bigger question, I would have handled the situation differently. This is just my point of view :)
I don’t mean anything against you or any member on the staff team, but how for exsample you will speak to him if he/she starts the conversation?

Fisktratt

Forum Expert
Sep 15, 2018
Sweden
I don’t mean anything against you or any member on the staff team, but how for exsample you will speak to him if he/she starts the conversation?
Yes, I know, just wanted to explain my point of view. I thought he would undestand the short answer I gave him, but if he doesn't, I'll handle it from there. Probably by adding a translator to the conversation.

Members Online

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

UncleSpect wrote on Desiderata's profile.
henlo haha
UncleSpect wrote on MarkDeEngeMan_'s profile.
thank you for the follow mark! 🎈
anyone with admin/server mod skills and experience inncreating a discord server hmu it's for a project related to fhg (hope this isn't advertising bc it's gonna be cubecraft related either way)
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Eli's profile.
Heya cool person how are you today?:D
Kazwa wrote on Dreamer's profile.
thanks for the follow Dreamer! ^-^
images (1).jpg
Top Bottom