Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Is skywars boring or does it need a rework / improvement?

• Skywars is fine lol

• It really needs something to spice it up, but it's okay

• It is pretty boring as of now

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ping Ether

Forum Veteran
Jun 2, 2016
Italy
Good day everyone! It's been like... I don't know, 17 months? Since I made a new thread... But I do have to admit I recently came back to Minecraft minigames somehow? And without the hackers they're actually pretty enjoyable, the server is going really well compared to a few months ago.

Now now, that said, skywars is my favorite minigame. Of all time. It is what you ask for, a minigame, a hassle-free experience and at the same time it features some of the best mechanics of Minecraft: Combat, building, resource gathering, crafting...

It really does have a good, solid base behind its concepts. But the way cubecraft does it... It's lacking. A lot.

A few parts of this suggestion might be related to other servers. "OMG PINGY hypixcraft and MinegommeHD have got the same concept!!11!! Booooo!!!1111"

Like geez chill. It IS NOT about who made what first. It's about delivering the experience the players want.

So here we go, finally.

Loot tables:
I know they're already getting a rework, but I still have no idea what kind of rework it will be so umm... Here.

You already know, loot tables are horrible. Atleast for armor and weapons. You literally can't get iron armor in chests, and diamonds armor is a super common occurrence. You can get a full armor set just by opening a single chest. In the meanwhile there's people who only got a stick and leather pants. I know skywars isn't supposed to be"totally fair" but uh... We don't really need diamond armor in normal. Atleast not in regular chests.
Not to talk about the enchants... Just broken. You can't enchant diamod chestplates & leggings as they're already enchanted, and they have two self-cancelling enchants (protection and projectile protection I recall?) Making it impossible to add enchants via anvil fusion / enchanted books.

So the fix would be not having diamond armor in regular chests, and having no enchants on the armor. Your can get leather, gold and chain in iron. All types of armor for all of the tiers. Diamonds armor is found in middle chests along with enchanted regular armor.

Skywars by itself is a pretty random and easy to understand game mode. You just hop in, and kill people. Lol.

While there's loads that could be done to expand this experience (ender pearls, TNT, minecarts, boats, water, cobwebs, etc...) Cubecraft is basically just... Go to island, kill. It's extremely boring after a while. TNT only comes in certain maps and in an expensive kit in a small amount, while enderpearls aren't even in normal mode and are rare in OP.

It just adds to the hop&play experience, you see, something to spice it up that cubecraft always missed. And you can feel that it missed it.

So, in mid chests, you could find enderpearls, gunpowder & sand (or directly TNT) iron ingots, enchanted books, and potions.

Skywars really needs something to make it less straight forward.

Then I don't know, that's it for now. You see, it's this easy to make skywars less of a repetitive gamemode, yet it's been the same for sooo long....

It's not like you can only have TNT and enderpearls and that's it, go wild: Slimeblocks, sticky pistons, redstone, dispensers, ender crystals, flint and steel.... anything really...

F

Facelurite

I enjoyed reading this - the loot table is the worst thing about the game. Prot 1 diamond straight if the bat? Lol you must be kidding me ?! But nope , it exists.

Then the maps . Congusted . Some do not even have proper pathways to get up . Cube could learn from hypixel regarding skywars tbh.

Then there are underused kits. Love the idea if redstone , I'm pro at cannons myself .

Reactions: Ping Ether

Power Ranger

Forum Professional
Apr 20, 2016
The ♡
www.cubecraft.net
I pretty much agree with everything in the thread. One of the main reasons though that I prefer hypixel skywars over Cubecraft is the amazing map layout. Those maps they have with small starter islands and a large mid that's incredibly close to your starter island are really fun to play for me. Sadly there aren't any maps on Cubecraft that really have that layout. Most maps have a mid that is too annoying and far away to get to and you almost always end up hopping from starter island to the next starter island as fast as you can without getting knocked off.

Aug 12, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Good day everyone! It's been like... I don't know, 17 months? Since I made a new thread... But I do have to admit I recently came back to Minecraft minigames somehow? And without the hackers they're actually pretty enjoyable, the server is going really well compared to a few months ago.

Now now, that said, skywars is my favorite minigame. Of all time. It is what you ask for, a minigame, a hassle-free experience and at the same time it features some of the best mechanics of Minecraft: Combat, building, resource gathering, crafting...

It really does have a good, solid base behind its concepts. But the way cubecraft does it... It's lacking. A lot.

A few parts of this suggestion might be related to other servers. "OMG PINGY hypixcraft and MinegommeHD have got the same concept!!11!! Booooo!!!1111"

Like geez chill. It IS NOT about who made what first. It's about delivering the experience the players want.

So here we go, finally.

Loot tables:
I know they're already getting a rework, but I still have no idea what kind of rework it will be so umm... Here.

You already know, loot tables are horrible. Atleast for armor and weapons. You literally can't get iron armor in chests, and diamonds armor is a super common occurrence. You can get a full armor set just by opening a single chest. In the meanwhile there's people who only got a stick and leather pants. I know skywars isn't supposed to be"totally fair" but uh... We don't really need diamond armor in normal. Atleast not in regular chests.
Not to talk about the enchants... Just broken. You can't enchant diamod chestplates & leggings as they're already enchanted, and they have two self-cancelling enchants (protection and projectile protection I recall?) Making it impossible to add enchants via anvil fusion / enchanted books.

So the fix would be not having diamond armor in regular chests, and having no enchants on the armor. Your can get leather, gold and chain in iron. All types of armor for all of the tiers. Diamonds armor is found in middle chests along with enchanted regular armor.

Skywars by itself is a pretty random and easy to understand game mode. You just hop in, and kill people. Lol.

While there's loads that could be done to expand this experience (ender pearls, TNT, minecarts, boats, water, cobwebs, etc...) Cubecraft is basically just... Go to island, kill. It's extremely boring after a while. TNT only comes in certain maps and in an expensive kit in a small amount, while enderpearls aren't even in normal mode and are rare in OP.

It just adds to the hop&play experience, you see, something to spice it up that cubecraft always missed. And you can feel that it missed it.

So, in mid chests, you could find enderpearls, gunpowder & sand (or directly TNT) iron ingots, enchanted books, and potions.

Skywars really needs something to make it less straight forward.

Then I don't know, that's it for now. You see, it's this easy to make skywars less of a repetitive gamemode, yet it's been the same for sooo long....

It's not like you can only have TNT and enderpearls and that's it, go wild: Slimeblocks, sticky pistons, redstone, dispensers, ender crystals, flint and steel.... anything really...
reall nice Suggitions

Members Online

Team online

Members online

Latest profile posts

Xi1m wrote on katnip's profile.
i absolutely love that profile picture
Eli
Where's the second member? 🤔

1713925281107.png
someone make a rivals of aether mod with fhg characters

it's the closest we can get to an official game