Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
It seems the golf map has recently been changed a bit. The shop is farther up the island, and the egg is in the middle of the island. I was trying to speedrun some games, maybe even get a wr, when I realized it was much harder to get fast times with this new update. Could you change it back?
Also, I don't know why, but I've been waiting like 15 minutes to get into the Golf map every time I play it. If you could also tell me why the wait times are so long, that would be great, thanks!

1639184725564.png

1639184389154.png

ToastedByTom

Mar 4, 2020
England
www.youtube.com
I agree that Golf should return back to the old map, it was much more efficient for speed-running and worked better.

The Golf queueing may be to-do with what time you're queuing and regions.

• Agree
Reactions: Patsman

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
It seems the golf map has recently been changed a bit. The shop is farther up the island, and the egg is in the middle of the island. I was trying to speedrun some games, maybe even get a wr, when I realized it was much harder to get fast times with this new update. Could you change it back?
Also, I don't know why, but I've been waiting like 15 minutes to get into the Golf map every time I play it. If you could also tell me why the wait times are so long, that would be great, thanks!

View attachment 204611

View attachment 204608
I'm a mod for the page and I 1000% agree. Cube has really screwed us over and even just the general population of players. TERRIBLE map changes (Excluding the split of the ring at middle) have honestly made this map unenjoyable. I also made a forum post which has a few more likes and agrees so if you can head there and like mine too, maybe we can make a change. Also, staff have admitted that popular maps like Golf, Modern and Mangrove have a rarer chance to be online in comparison to seasonal maps and maps like Desert, Town and Beach

• Agree
Reactions: Patsman

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Also, staff have admitted that popular maps like Golf, Modern and Mangrove have a rarer chance to be online in comparison to seasonal maps and maps like Desert, Town and Beach
I already know that the Golf map was hard to get on. But a few weeks ago, the wait time was only 2-5 minutes. I just went 20 minutes yesterday trying to get on to the map with no luck. I eventually gave up after a while, but I suggest there should be more games running at one time for the Golf map.

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
You are upset about the shop being put back 3 blocks, but the egg is now in the center of the map… wouldn’t that make it faster?

I speedran it myself and can say it is not choking your time at all, in fact, it’s probably even faster now.

I agree that it is much rarer now tho, have no clue why? Probably the seasonal maps taking up all the space.

Reactions: Dualninja

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
You are upset about the shop being put back 3 blocks, but the egg is now in the center of the map… wouldn’t that make it faster?

I speedran it myself and can say it is not choking your time at all, in fact, it’s probably even faster now.

I agree that it is much rarer now tho, have no clue why? Probably the seasonal maps taking up all the space.
When you rush to someone's base, you can almost go exactly in a straight line from your base, to the egg, and to the shop. Now you have to go behind the tree to get to the shop which is kind of annoying.

Last edited:

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020

The start is slower because the shop is further away. You also can't void people as easily when they are in the shop, and the front iron gen (Not the one you jump down to at the start of the game) is badly positioned, ruining the strat of jump bridging to the front gen of the next island for your rushes (Especially your first rush)

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020

Also maps like golf have always had a lower chance of being online, even before map selection, something else cube should fix

Flip1482242

Dec 12, 2021
You Don't Need To Know.......
Pronouns
He/Him

View attachment 204611

View attachment 204608
Noice

Dualninja

Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2021
Éire
Pronouns
She/Her
Egg position
The fact that the egg is now closer to the center of the island, makes it far easier to get quick egg-breakes. The egg is simply easier to get to and harder to protect; this is a good thing on golf as the whole point of the map is to be rush-heavy. As for the shop location it's barely changed at all.​

Patsman

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Jan 3, 2021
United States
www.youtube.com
Pronouns
He/Him
Egg position
The fact that the egg is now closer to the center of the island, makes it far easier to get quick egg-breakes. The egg is simply easier to get to and harder to protect; this is a good thing on golf as the whole point of the map is to be rush-heavy. As for the shop location it's barely changed at all.​
True. If they could just change the shop back to where it was before, that would be really helpful.

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Egg position
Over all the map is worse.

UBRE

May 30, 2020
Mexico.
Ma
The start is slower because the shop is further away. You also can't void people as easily when they are in the shop, and the front iron gen (Not the one you jump down to at the start of the game) is badly positioned, ruining the strat of jump bridging to the front gen of the next island for your rushes (Especially your first rush)
Yes the shop is further away, but don't you get lots of iron at the start?

I think it would make the split faster, since you can buy a sword and more blocks.

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Ma

Yes the shop is further away, but don't you get lots of iron at the start?

I think it would make the split faster, since you can buy a sword and more blocks.
This argument you are responding to was pre-update so not at the time no

Reactions: UBRE

RaisinForABrain

Oct 24, 2020
Do you think it should get changed still?
The map yes. But I do believe adding a split in the ring at mid was a great idea. I onl want the map changed because of how awkward things are and the fact that the egg is really close to the cobwebs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the forums! I hope you will have an awesome stay here!:D
Reesle wrote on yrarrsboyincube's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Happy to have you here! :)
Reesle wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Congrats on 4.5K reaction score!! 🎉✨
Top Bottom