• Other (comment)

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Grimmay

Dedicated Member
Apr 30, 2016
a Pleb Family
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know, I am a massive tech-head. Having built my own computer, it will be apparent to most of you that I have a great amount of love for modern day technology. I usually start my day by looking at tech news, mostly computer hardware or mobile phone related.

I am currently using the Moto G4 as my daily driver, a phone with excellent reviews, however I would hardly recommend it. There is a well known software issue with the phone, making the screen glitch out when charging (and recently in during normal use), even after I sent the phone off for repair a few months ago, it came back 'repaired', yet still facing the same issue. The performance of the Moto G4 is reasonable, however it is not to my tech-nerd standard; for this reason I am looking at upgrading.

Being a student, I don't have the money for the latest flagship from Samsung or Apple (eww), instead I tend to go for budget phones.

The price was what previously drew me to my G4, but this was still a big mistake. As I have recently been doing my GCSE Mocks, I have been allowed permission to buy a phone up to the price of £350.

As much as tech reviewers opinions are important, I'd love to hear the CubeCraft's community opinion on the tech scene, I am sure I am not the only tech-head within the community.

From the next phone I buy, I want it to be future proof and to have a few specific features. It needs to have NFC (for Android pay), USB type C, a headphone jack, at least a 5.5" screen (I love big phones), fingerprint (for Android Pay), and OIS for stable video.

The phones I am currently discussing and looking at.

LG G6:

Most of you will think, "Grim, it's too expensive", however due to the recent rumours of the V30 and G7 release in august, the price has significantly dropped from most online retailers, most reputable Ebay sellers have this phone priced at around £350, right on the top of my budget.

Pros: This phone has a very nice aspect ratio, as well as a stunning screen, camera and general performance. It is water resistant, as well as hosting a stunning design.

Cons: The UI takes away from the experience bought by the Snapdragon 821, as well as the Europe version lacking wireless charging, the phone is also starting to become known for it's bluetooth issues and lack of Android 7.1.1, the companies track record leaves me to believe that they will not be updating to 7.1.1.

OnePlus 3T:

This was Oneplus' old flagship killer, it was the improvement from the previous OUTSTANDING Oneplus 3. It is available in the UK for around £330 (from reputable Ebay sellers), however it should drop in price due to the recent Oneplus 5 release.

Pros: Stock Android, AMOLED screen, outstanding charging performance as well as a sleek design. The performance is the same if not faster than the G6, however it has more RAM (bit of a gimmick) as well as higher base tier storage.

Cons: The camera's OIS is alright, but not as good as the G6, the quality of the photo's is not as good as the G6 either. The phone is not waterproof, and is slightly bigger in size (not screen).

Some other phones that have stood out (but don't deserve my time to write Pro's and Con's) include the LG V20, the HTC 10 Evo and the slightly old ZTE Axon 7.

I'm sure some of you will instantly recommend the Moto G5 Plus to me, however this is too small and lacking USB type C.

The aim of this thread, is to ensure that I haven't missed out any important contenders, as well as hoping to hear your opinions between the LG G6 and the Onplus 3T.

Currently I am thinking of waiting for the Oneplus 5 to be released, and then buy the 3T, but I want to know your opinion as a normal person.

For those of you wondering, I view this page everyday: http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...int=selected&chkNFC=selected&chkUSBC=selected

I have refined it to have all the features I am looking for, however It might be missing some phones that you guys know about.

Thanks for reading!

Reactions: Clacks

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Hey everyone, for those of you who don't know, I am a massive tech-head. Having built my own computer, it will be apparent to most of you that I have a great amount of love for modern day technology. I usually start my day by looking at tech news, mostly computer hardware or mobile phone related.

I am currently using the Moto G4 as my daily driver, a phone with excellent reviews, however I would hardly recommend it. There is a well known software issue with the phone, making the screen glitch out when charging (and recently in during normal use), even after I sent the phone off for repair a few months ago, it came back 'repaired', yet still facing the same issue. The performance of the Moto G4 is reasonable, however it is not to my tech-nerd standard; for this reason I am looking at upgrading.

Being a student, I don't have the money for the latest flagship from Samsung or Apple (eww), instead I tend to go for budget phones.

The price was what previously drew me to my G4, but this was still a big mistake. As I have recently been doing my GCSE Mocks, I have been allowed permission to buy a phone up to the price of £350.

As much as tech reviewers opinions are important, I'd love to hear the CubeCraft's community opinion on the tech scene, I am sure I am not the only tech-head within the community.

From the next phone I buy, I want it to be future proof and to have a few specific features. It needs to have NFC (for Android pay), USB type C, a headphone jack, at least a 5.5" screen (I love big phones), fingerprint (for Android Pay), and OIS for stable video.

The phones I am currently discussing and looking at.

LG G6:

Most of you will think, "Grim, it's too expensive", however due to the recent rumours of the V30 and G7 release in august, the price has significantly dropped from most online retailers, most reputable Ebay sellers have this phone priced at around £350, right on the top of my budget.

Pros: This phone has a very nice aspect ratio, as well as a stunning screen, camera and general performance. It is water resistant, as well as hosting a stunning design.

Cons: The UI takes away from the experience bought by the Snapdragon 821, as well as the Europe version lacking wireless charging, the phone is also starting to become known for it's bluetooth issues and lack of Android 7.1.1, the companies track record leaves me to believe that they will not be updating to 7.1.1.

OnePlus 3T:

This was Oneplus' old flagship killer, it was the improvement from the previous OUTSTANDING Oneplus 3. It is available in the UK for around £330 (from reputable Ebay sellers), however it should drop in price due to the recent Oneplus 5 release.

Pros: Stock Android, AMOLED screen, outstanding charging performance as well as a sleek design. The performance is the same if not faster than the G6, however it has more RAM (bit of a gimmick) as well as higher base tier storage.

Cons: The camera's OIS is alright, but not as good as the G6, the quality of the photo's is not as good as the G6 either. The phone is not waterproof, and is slightly bigger in size (not screen).

Some other phones that have stood out (but don't deserve my time to write Pro's and Con's) include the LG V20, the HTC 10 Evo and the slightly old ZTE Axon 7.

I'm sure some of you will instantly recommend the Moto G5 Plus to me, however this is too small and lacking USB type C.

The aim of this thread, is to ensure that I haven't missed out any important contenders, as well as hoping to hear your opinions between the LG G6 and the Onplus 3T.

Currently I am thinking of waiting for the Oneplus 5 to be released, and then buy the 3T, but I want to know your opinion as a normal person.

For those of you wondering, I view this page everyday: http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php...int=selected&chkNFC=selected&chkUSBC=selected

I have refined it to have all the features I am looking for, however It might be missing some phones that you guys know about.

Thanks for reading!

iPhone is better man!

PheonixFF

Dec 25, 2016
Sorry. I couldn't recommend any phones because I'm not a professional when dealing with phones. Hope you get a good one though :D

Reactions: Grimmay

MagnificentSpam

Forum Expert
Mar 16, 2016
I have the 3T, I am really impressed with the battery, it's way better than the one of the Nexus 4 I had before. But I feel like the reception is a bit worse, even though I have the same sim card as before, I don't get network in some places I did with the Nexus 4. It's not too bad but noticable. I like the stock os on it, I previously used cyanogenmod (rip) to be up to date but oxygenos is on 7.1.1 and contains no useless junk like some other manufacturers put on their os.

I have never used or seen the G6 so I can't compare them.

Reactions: Grimmay
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Verbramdt's profile.
Welcome back my friend!:D I missed you <3
Loskol wrote on Hqtemood's profile.
Eagle🦅
I hope you all had a great weekend!
Top Bottom