Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
D

Deleted member 59979

Im suggestion we create 2 rules on mockery (making fun of someone) and hackusating. Im saying that we make both of these against the rules. Both rules will require a warning before being able to report but hackusating will have the same punishments as spamming as they are the same thing, however mockery will follow a similar punishment to bullying.

Hackusating:
Hackusating is when you are accusing a player of hacking or another offense falsely. This could be encouraging people to report a player or simply claiming hacks when you die. This would be fine if the player is actually hacking however if they are not then it is just useless spam. This would follow the exact same rules as spamming as they are very similar. They could even incorporate it into the spamming rule.
Advantages: Less false accusations. Less spam.
Disadvantages: Staff will have to deal with far more reports.

Mocking:
Mocking is when you take something about a player or something a player did/said and make fun of it. This could be anything like name calling, or making fun of someones spelling or poor english. This is a rule I personally relate to as I have had my name made fun off too many times and when I found out they just let people do that I was pretty annoyed. This rule would follow a similar punishment to bullying as it is essentially a form of it.
Advantages: Players will feel more comfortable and happier knowing people will not be making fun of them. There will also be less people being made fun off.
Disadvantages: What can be defined as mockery could easily be complicated and there is a higher chance of being muted when the situation was misunderstood.

Feel free to constructively critise my idea although dont make fun of my name etc.

Dec 4, 2017
Im suggestion we create 2 rules on mockery (making fun of someone) and hackusating. Im saying that we make both of these against the rules. Both rules will require a warning before being able to report but hackusating will have the same punishments as spamming as they are the same thing, however mockery will follow a similar punishment to bullying.

Hackusating:
Hackusating is when you are accusing a player of hacking or another offense falsely. This could be encouraging people to report a player or simply claiming hacks when you die. This would be fine if the player is actually hacking however if they are not then it is just useless spam. This would follow the exact same rules as spamming as they are very similar. They could even incorporate it into the spamming rule.

Mocking:
Mocking is when you take something about a player or something a player did/said and make fun of it. This could be anything like name calling, or making fun of someones spelling or poor english. This is a rule I personally relate to as I have had my name made fun off too many times and when I found out they just let people do that I was pretty annoyed. This rule would follow a similar punishment to bullying as it is essentially a form of it.
Advantages: Players will feel more comfortable and happier knowing people will not be making fun of them. There will also be less people being made fun off.
Disadvantages: What can be defined as mockery could easily be complicated and there is a higher chance of being muted when the situation was misunderstood.

Feel free to constructively critise my idea although dont make fun of my name etc.

If someone is hacking and u say it in chat some peeps are starting there recording software to record him and report him

D

Deleted member 59979

If someone is hacking and u say it in chat some peeps are starting there recording software to record him and report him

Im not saying about people calling people out for actually hacking. If you read it you can see that I explain how if a player is actually hacking its fine.

Reactions: Lilleh__
D

Deleted member 377664

Possible, but I think that it's good enough for now

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Hackusating:
Here's the thing:
This would be fine if the player is actually hacking
If someone bothers hackusating, then they think somoene is hacking. So, according to your description, it would only be allowed if the person is actually hacking.
The problem lies in the accuracy of hackusations. Players could be convinced someone is hacking for sure, regardless of whether it's true or not. It's not that they could be lying, but rather that they may be unknowingly incorrect.

Mocking:
All of what you have described can be categorized in "bullying", which is an option you can report for on the site. It already exists.

Last edited:
Reactions: CommunistCactus

Eli

Forum Veteran
Dec 25, 2017
Bogota, Colombia

Hackusating:

Mocking:

I do not agree with any, first of all most people do not know how to recognIze a hacker, only people who are prepared like staff know how to recognize a hacker properly.
So it would be like muting someone for not knowing something, not fair.
But maybe what you mean is when the players loose to you and call you hacker (Even though they know you're not hacking, they're just mad), well there's nothing to do against that, I don't think there's a way to provide evidence enough to show that someone called hacks because of anger.
And your second suggestion, as many people have already said, what is described on your thread is called bullying.

Last edited:
Reactions: Priley

Deeds

Forum Veteran
Oct 2, 2016
Texas, US
Hackusating:
No I like hackusating people.
I usually just take it as a compliment, as should you.

Mocking:
K8Za3OhISzqH2g5GVypa-g.png

Despacito 2

Forum Professional
Dec 6, 2015
PEOPLE WHO GET EASILY OFFENDED SHOULDN'T BE ON THE INTERNET. TURN OFF YOUR CHAT AND DON'T WHINE.

Besides what's wrong with someone thinking that you are cheating? I see it as a reward for my hard work for winning a game of Skywars.

I do not agree with any, first of all most people do not know how to recognIze a hacker, only people who are prepared like staff know how to recognize a hacker.
Just do reports for 2 months and you'll exactly know how to recognize a hacker.

Thefty

Forum Expert
Nov 20, 2015
somewhere deep in the woods
Hackusating:
Useless suggestion, nothing bad about it. And if they spam then just report them under spamming, duh.
Mocking:
Again, useless suggestion as this is basically under "bullying", so I have no idea why you even bothered writing this.

All in all pretty bad suggestions in my honest opinion.

LoadzAF

May 11, 2016
The Forest
The thing about both is that its actually hard to detect if someone is making fun if someone as i could just make up any excuse to mute someone and i fully disagree with the hackusating one because calling hacks is normal and no one rly knows if you hack or just lag etc etc

Reactions: Thefty
D

Deleted member 59979

The thing about both is that its actually hard to detect if someone is making fun if someone as i could just make up any excuse to mute someone and i fully disagree with the hackusating one because calling hacks is normal and no one rly knows if you hack or just lag etc etc
Well I agree with your first statement. I agree that its hard to detect if someone is making fun or just made up an excuse. However I disagree with your statement on hackusating. It is quite easy to tell if someone is hacking or not. And people dont just call it because they see people lagging. I see about 1 person a game call someone a hacker just because they died.

Blocky

Forum Expert
Jun 3, 2017
Just ignore hackusating people. You know that it's not true what they say (if you don't hack ofcourse)

Reactions: LoadzAF

Story

Forum Professional
Jan 30, 2014
Glasgow
letterboxd.com
Hackusating:
It is quite easy to tell if someone is hacking or not.

This will never be a thing and here's why; due to the 1.9 mechanics, the hacked clients are incredibly hard to detect if they are not using the most obvious ones, you seem to think that if the client isn't obvious then they aren't cheating. It's not a case of if their client is on or off, 100% or 0%. They CAN tone them down, change distances and toggle, some people only use reach, so its not easy Adding a rule where I have to check every single time someone calls hacks to see if they are lying is inefficient and pointless.

You also write:
Why is 'less false accusations' an advantage? they have to write the false accusation for me to deem it a false accusation, so its there either way. Also we have a rule to reduce spam, it's called 'spamming'.

Mocking:
This rule would follow a similar punishment to bullying as it is essentially a form of it.

So why is it required? why do you need a form of it when it's the same thing and fall under the same punishment?

AFreakingCookie (Hank)

Dedicated Member
Apr 3, 2016

Hackusating:

Mocking:

Nah. I don't think this is needed at all. Hackusating will be a thing and there is nothing we can really do about it that would be fair. Same with mocking.

Reactions: LoadzAF
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Desiderata wrote on Xi1m's profile.
relogging just to tell you (and those who care enough to read statuses) that digital circus ep 2 is out now apparently
GiGaGekkies wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Hottie
Thank you everyone for all the birthday wishes <3 🦆
Reesle wrote on RobinDn's profile.
Heyy, thanks for the follow! =D
Top Bottom