Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Any particular ideas you like?

• Total voters

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Since there's a possible Eggwars update, I decided to re-make some of the minor suggestions that can improve the game by a lot. Here they are:

A food based kit.
Why don't we have one? Healer is more to actually prepare to fight, while it isn't much of a kit to be used to run around large amounts of terrain. Rabbit is just plain bad, as carrots do little to anything for you. When is Rabbit even useful?
I for one, would probably have a food kit as my main. Maybe it can provide us with ~3-4 baked potatoes? Before anyone mentions "it gives you more regen overtime compared to healer!!!": Healer provides you with golden apples, which are used to get absorption and quick regen + saturation. The regular saturation regeneration from 1.9 is pretty fast, but you can outperform that by dealing more damage overtime. This means, that the baked potatoes are mainly used for sprinting, regen in a somewhat-safe situation, and sharing with others if needed. They're not very fit for battle, unlike golden apples.

Respawn timers.
For the love of everything holy, please add these. At least find a way to make the respawning players not as overpowered as they currently can be.
In relatively big maps, this isn't much of an issue most of the time, but in maps like Instruments, Space and Underdasea, it's ridiculously easy to keep them away from your egg because of the elevation / close proximity to the ledge, leading to death by void.
Let's also not forget this: They have a long grace period, which means that they can hit you ~10-15 times before it wares off, dealing a decent amount of damage to your armor. Hold on, a decent amount of damage, for just respawning and throwing away endless lives? Really? Where's the fair in that?
I get it, you want players to have a chance to protect it, but don't guarantee foolproof protection. A simple Resistance effect can even it out, as you'd be able to knock them back at the very least. I also think it NEEDS to wear off as soon as they hit you.
It's pretty stupid to die to someone that you killed fair and square, because of the broken respawning mechanic in combination with grace periods.

There's also a bonus to respawn timers: This will make it take longer before they can be killed again after their first death, meaning that it'll discourage kill farming since it's a slower & less-rewarding process.

Qin Shihuangdi

Forum Expert
Nov 11, 2015
The Orange House
A food based kit. Why don't we have one? Healer is more to actually prepare to fight, while it isn't much of a kit to be used to run around large amounts of terrain. Rabbit is just plain bad, as carrots do little to anything for you. When is Rabbit even useful?
I for one, would probably have a food kit as my main. Maybe it can provide us with ~3-4 baked potatoes? Before anyone mentions "it gives you more regen overtime compared to healer!!!": Healer provides you with golden apples, which are used to get absorption and quick regen + saturation. The regular saturation regeneration from 1.9 is pretty fast, but you can outperform that by dealing more damage overtime. This means, that the baked potatoes are mainly used for sprinting, regen in a somewhat-safe situation, and sharing with others if needed. They're not very fit for battle, unlike golden apples.
Yes please. I get tired of constantly needing to stock up on food.
Respawn timers.
For the love of everything holy, please add these. At least find a way to make the respawning players not as overpowered as they currently can be.
In relatively big maps, this isn't much of an issue most of the time, but in maps like Instruments, Space and Underdasea, it's ridiculously easy to keep them away from your egg because of the elevation / close proximity to the ledge, leading to death by void.
Let's also not forget this: They have a long grace period, which means that they can hit you ~10-15 times before it wares off, dealing a decent amount of damage to your armor. Hold on, a decent amount of damage, for just respawning and throwing away endless lives? Really? Where's the fair in that?
I get it, you want players to have a chance to protect it, but don't guarantee foolproof protection. A simple Resistance effect can even it out, as you'd be able to knock them back at the very least. I also think it NEEDS to wear off as soon as they hit you.
It's pretty stupid to die to someone that you killed fair and square, because of the broken respawning mechanic in combination with grace periods.

There's also a bonus to respawn timers: This will make it take longer before they can be killed again after their first death, meaning that it'll discourage kill farming since it's a slower & less-rewarding process.
The last part convinced me to agree with this. I've always favored just cutting it short on the island and extending it to 15 seconds if you go to mid, but that works too.

Reactions: Gainfullterror

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Like hypixel, uh i maan blockwars there should be a respawn time . Also if i cant kill the guy when he respawns , he shouldnt be able to hit me either.

Also golden carrots are better than baked potatoes

Gainfullterror

Forum Professional
Mar 24, 2016
Breakfast for Dinner Club HQ
www.cubecraft.net
Like hypixel, uh i maan blockwars there should be a respawn time . Also if i cant kill the guy when he respawns , he shouldnt be able to hit me either.

Also golden carrots are better than baked potatoes
Golden carrots would be just a tad too powerful in my opinion, as it gives roughly 14 saturation points, leading to a lot of hits being "nullified" by the regen.
Besides, if people were to farm this, they'd be farming for an item that's better than what you can get from the shop. Currently there's no kits that offer items that are better than the endtier choices in the shop.

Let me add: im pretty sure the broken respawn in eggwars was why most people switched to bedwars
Hate to say it, but this is kind of irrelevant. This doesn't have much to do with the thread, and it's most likely not accurate.

Reactions: CommunistCactus

Hypixel Network

Novice Member
Jan 28, 2017
Golden carrots would be just a tad too powerful in my opinion, as it gives roughly 14 saturation points, leading to a lot of hits being "nullified" by the regen.
Besides, if people were to farm this, they'd be farming for an item that's better than what you can get from the shop. Currently there's no kits that offer items that are better than the endtier choices in the shop.

Hate to say it, but this is kind of irrelevant. This doesn't have much to do with the thread, and it's most likely not accurate.
Ive ragequit because of the respawn before and the reaaon i dont play on hypixel at all is because its in 1.8 . Cubecraft is he only decent 1.9 server

D

Deleted member 204478

Very nice thread, some decent ideas you have there.
The food one is a 'must-have' in eggwars, there are a lot of times when I need to run back to my island just to stock up on food, it's tedious, really tedious.
Invulnerability when respawning can very debatable, no matter what solution there is, it's always going to be too unfair or too overpowered for the person who's just died. Resistance is quite a good idea, as the person raiding the island will be able to counter the persons' attacks, while the person who died has a slight advantage.
I like the idea, but there might be a few counterpoints to the idea, such as the one already stated above regarding the respawn timers.
But in my honest opinion, I think these two ideas should work in the next update, just making Eggwars that little bit better.

DanDaDino

Dedicated Member
Mar 31, 2017
i nu tell u
www.cubecraft.net
I agree with both of these ideas! Especially the resplendent timer. It is so annoying when I am trying to break an egg, and this Steve with no armour keeps hitting me so that I can't break the block. Then when I kill him, he just response straightaway and goes back to punching me.
For this reason, +2 (1 for each suggestion ;3)

abfc2000

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Spain
Nice suggestions, I must say. Especially the respawn mechanic one, because it indeed is very annoying and unfair to have an entire invincible team punching you when you can't even kill them unless the timer wears off.

MClicious

Jun 13, 2016
CT
I do not think that a Food kit is not necessary, since there already many kits related to eating/food.
The food kit that you suggested might be too op, because it might be better than the golden apple kit.
I think the Golden apple kit is a good enough food kit. I believe the carrot kit does need a buff however.

I do agree that the respawning invincibility is op.
A strong resistance affect could be the solution to the respawning issue
The suggestions that you made about respawning is on point and should be implemeted or taken into consideration

why do people put this at the end of their message?
IGN: MCIQ
LVL: 59 (plz make lvls more useful in future)
I like SG

Lllamacorn

May 30, 2017
Everywhere
Since there's a possible Eggwars update, I decided to re-make some of the minor suggestions that can improve the game by a lot. Here they are:

A food based kit.
Why don't we have one? Healer is more to actually prepare to fight, while it isn't much of a kit to be used to run around large amounts of terrain. Rabbit is just plain bad, as carrots do little to anything for you. When is Rabbit even useful?

Respawn timers.

I think there is already some form of food kit in eggwars

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

GiGaGekkies wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday
WorriedSkate940 wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy birthday!!
I LOVE KING GIZZARD AND THE LIZARD WIZARD
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ballonpuma288's profile.
Happy Birthday!:D
Reesle wrote on Zelfegor's profile.
Welcome to Official Cubecraft Forums!
Hope you enjoy yourself here :)
Top Bottom