• /Share should be available to all players not just donaters

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Tower Defence Suggestion Thread!
Finally my Summer holiday has started, with a lot of free time I have decided to use some of it to write a huge suggestion thread dedicated to Tower Defence one of my favorite games!

Survival Mode (previous suggestion)

--Survival Mode Mechanics :

Instead of having 2 teams against each other, it would have 1 team filled with players and the other team that is automatic (Players vs Server).
There would be a round system. If the player team survives 30 rounds they win.
The player team will have a castle which they have to defend.
The player team can only place towers, upgrade them, and purchase items from castle bazaar (Items such as Mob Extra Speed/ Mob Regeneration will not be available).
The server team can only send troops during the start of each round. The server team can use potions like the speed/regen but the chances are rare and depend on the round, after each round the chances of the server team using potions increase!
Players can obtain EXP if they kill mobs using a weapon or if their tower kills a mob. If someone helped upgrade your tower they also receive EXP income if your tower does damage.
The EXP is used to upgrade or unlock items in the castle bazaar.

--Items :
Players can use all the same towers they have unlocked in the lobby and in regular T.D .
A new potion has been added... The mob confusion potion.
This potion will turn enemy mobs into ally mobs which will attack enemy mobs but can die from tower damage or by another mob. They do not despawn and will only disappear after they get killed. This potion does not always work because some mobs are immune to it.
In the castle bazaar you can unlock, buy, or upgrade everything that is in regular T.D but with the addition of the mob confusion potion.

--Rounds :
Rounds start every 20 seconds after the last mob in the previous round was killed.
In the first round you will have 20 seconds to place your towers then a wave of zombies will be sent.
Depending on the round the mobs may vary in health, armor, number, and type.
Round 1 will only have regular zombies
Round 2 will have partially equipped armor on zombies.
Round 3 will have fully equipped armor on zombies.
....etc

--Setup :

2017-04-15_15-54-37-png.132046

You may have noticed that there are 4 different paths which are areas the mobs can spawn.
The number of paths may increase or decrease but this shows you must expect mobs to come from all directions.

Tutorial

The tutorial should be moved to the main T.D lobby. It is quite annoying that you have to sit through a live game to be told how to play. I would rather have it in the main lobby where players may view it as many times as they want without feeling rushed to get over with the tutorial to continue playing.
The tutorial should also explain other things like "You can place towers next to each other and they work perfectly fine" since many new players think they have to space out towers. It should explain the term "Stacking" and that mage towers, ice towers, poison towers, and quake towers do NOT stack because many players spam those towers near each other not knowing there is no bonus effect, and finally it should explain kill coins to players and how it works.

Poison + Archer Towers

There is currently something that seems to be a bug which is if a poison tower or an archer tower is behind a tall tower they become useless with no purpose. My idea is to make these towers throw their potions/shoot arrows in an angle that makes it fly upwards landing on the mob OR have it so the potions/arrows spawn on top of the mob/ in front of the taller tower.

Bubble tower (My previous thread about this)

A new tower should be introduced called the Bubble Tower! This bubble tower sends out bubbles to attack monsters.
It deals extra damage to nether monsters. When a bubble tower is used along side an ice tower the slowing down affect of the ice tower increases while also damaging mobs!
Tower Info : Stackable? No. Attack Speed? Bubbles are slow-decent in speed but have a unique ability which is to follow enemy mobs. If it reaches a certain range from the tower the bubbles will pop. Strengths? Deals bonus damage to nether monsters, could be combined with an ice tower to slow down enemies, and is an air-ground attacking tower. Weaknesses? Ice monsters. Bonus effect : Due to the high temperatures of nether monsters if a bubble tower is used with an ice tower the effect of the ice tower will revert back to it's regular state.

Ice Monsters (previous thread)

I think it is about time that CC adds a new monster to T.D which is an Ice Monster. As of yet CC haven't upgraded to 1.10+ meaning it would be difficult to add Polar bears to 1.9 T.D as I originally planned but as I was thinking they could probably just use snowmen instead or as @SevereWarning has stated in my old thread they could possibly make this mob a giant block of ice and white wool to make it look like an ice monster. For the stats I will be referring to this as Ice Monster as I have not decided which form should it take.
The Ice Monster :
Speed : Fast
Health : Average
Immune To : Ice towers
Strengths : Bubble towers do not inflict as much damage as it does to regular mobs.
Weakness : Mage Towers or any type of tower that may conduct heat like Zeus Towers for example.

New Maps

I know it isn't really a suggestion but we seriously need some new maps. The current ones get boring after a while and some maps don't even appear in the map cycle anymore (which could be seen using the armor stand). New maps should also include different team sizes. For example teams of 4 and 5 players.

Mob Visuals

I think there should be an option in the T.D lobby to highlight mobs. This feature could be toggled on or off. The spectral arrow effect will highlight mobs just for you and give a color to represent ally mobs (mobs you sent) and enemy mobs (mobs your enemy sent), for example green could mean ally mobs while yellow could mean enemy mobs. You would have the option to toggle this on or off and which mobs should be highlighted (Highlight Enemy Mobs? Yes/No, Highlight Ally Mobs? Yes/No).

/Permit (IGN)

A new command that should be added to T.D which is /Permit. What it does is grant permission to the player you permit to sell your towers.

That is all the suggestions I have for Tower Defence. I may edit my thread and add a few more suggestions if it comes to mind or to clear something up.
Don't forget to vote on the pole but remember :
State your reasoning of why you like or dislike (a) certain idea(s). As I may or may not consider making changes or will try to persuade you. If you do not I will consider that your vote does not count.

Opinions?

EDIT:

/Share (IGN) (Credit to : @agent320 )
/share is a command that allows player to transfer coins to other players but the only thing that is annoying is that /share is exclusive to donaters which is unfair to other players and is possibly against the EULA rules. It should be available to all players.

Last edited:

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
So you want Co-OP mode with rounds, new towers, new maps, changing how archer and poison towers attack, interesting potions. I support it all >.<!!

TD needs some love, but I've seen a thread made by @Efcluke94 asking for out opinions and suggestions for maps. So the map part is covered.

I've never played Co-OP mode before, but it sounds fun. I think round modes could be something that could be voted for.

Ice Monster ehh

Confusing potion would be really cool actually o-O

Not really a fan of the highlighting of mobs, though.

Reactions: AboodPlayz

agent320

Dedicated Member
Jun 28, 2016
The only thing I really want is for everyone to have /share or no one to have /share. It gives such an incredible strategic advantage. New towers and mobs would be nice too.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
Ice Monster ehh
Could you please explain a bit more on your reason on why you dislike it?
Not really a fan of the highlighting of mobs, though.
It is a feature which could be toggled on/off in the main lobby since some players like myself do have some issues with cave spiders and couldn't really see them properly.
Confusing potion would be really cool actually o-O
As of now I am not sure if this potion should be exclusive to Co-OP mode or not. For now let us just say add it to Co-OP mode only.
So you want Co-OP mode with rounds, new towers, new maps, changing how archer and poison towers attack, interesting potions. I support it all >.<!!

TD needs some love, but I've seen a thread made by @Efcluke94 asking for out opinions and suggestions for maps. So the map part is covered.
Thanks for your opinions :)
The only thing I really want is for everyone to have /share or no one to have /share. It gives such an incredible strategic advantage. New towers and mobs would be nice too.
Yes I do find it very unfair to have this feature. I will be adding this to the main thread :)

matcha

Forum Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Droptown
Could you please explain a bit more on your reason on why you dislike it?

I don't necessarily dislike it, but it's only advantage is being immune to ice towers, which can be done temporarily by quakes. It's also really ineffective when passing Mage towers, which is pretty much one of the standard towers. And another benefit to it, is taking less damage from bubble towers. But considering it's almost like pig mans in a sense. Eh. Rather not have it.

AboodPlayz

Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2016
Earth
I don't necessarily dislike it, but it's only advantage is being immune to ice towers, which can be done temporarily by quakes. It's also really ineffective when passing Mage towers, which is pretty much one of the standard towers. And another benefit to it, is taking less damage from bubble towers. But considering it's almost like pig mans in a sense. Eh. Rather not have it.
On my previous suggestion thread regarding the ice monster @deathspawn has suggested that ice monsters regenerate health from ice towers which could be possibly a choice but I wasn't so sure. Other bonuses could be they are immune to the slow down aoe but recieve extra damage from fire aoe potions and any fire based tower like the mage tower & the zeus tower.

MimicPanda

Dedicated Member
Mar 23, 2016
Under the sea
www.cubecraft.net
These ideas are really good.
Survival mode sounds really fun,it allows players to work together towards a common goal.Also the map setup is quite unique,it looks really fun to play on.I also like the potion that makes mobs turn on each other,it can really change the game.The Mob visuals are really helpful for people who have hard time seeing mobs like cave spiders,it would be a neat little feature to add to the game.Overall all of the ideas are great and would make tower defence a lot more fun to play.

Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on UnfWasTaken's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!
Cool pfp btw 🌟
Reesle wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on 500 msgs!
Amazinq wrote on JellyFish01's profile.
Hbd
Eli
So I’m working through some thread ideas and I can’t choose which one to do first, what sounds more interesting to you?

- How CubeCraft can implement the new 1.21 features
- I studied the Java Minecraft Server Market, here is what CubeCraft can do better
Top Bottom