• Yes pls

Votes: 10 58.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anmazing

Dedicated Member
Aug 7, 2014
only kids hate 1.9 because they need skill now
Sure, that's the only reason. I recommend you watch the video KronosReeper posted ^^^
It explains why 90% of people who commented this thread don't like 1.9, including myself.

Renss

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
It's a shame that so many people are saying 1.9 is bad, without bothering to learn the new pvp system. They made it much more interesting than the "whoever can click the fastest wins."
You are right, first I thought that 1.9 sucks but now, it's new so you have to learn the other system of PvP tactics and strategies.
+0.5

funnymon

Dec 17, 2014
Your mom's house
GROW UP!!! God people, the current minecraft "PVP" system is just spam clicking. I want a system that requires SKILL to use not just who can spam click the fast and run around in circles the fastest.

abfc2000

Dedicated Member
Nov 5, 2015
Spain
GROW UP!!! God people, the current minecraft "PVP" system is just spam clicking. I want a system that requires SKILL to use not just who can spam click the fast and run around in circles the fastest.
Yep, but it is a radical CHANGE that will completely CHANGE the pvp system.

Galaxyz

Feb 21, 2016
New York, USA
I couldn't see the server becoming 1.9 I know many people dislike it, and lots of the minigames here on CubeCraft has PvP in it (EggWars, Skywars, UHC, etc.) and not to mention 1.9 provides a... Unique? Approach on PvP that many dislike. The most predictable outcome for the server is that it will be 1.9, and 1.8 compatible!

Reactions: ItzDelano

JustDJplease

Jun 18, 2015
The Universe
I couldn't see the server becoming 1.9 I know many people dislike it, and lots of the minigames here on CubeCraft has PvP in it (EggWars, Skywars, UHC, etc.) and not to mention 1.9 provides a... Unique? Approach on PvP that many dislike. The most predictable outcome for the server is that it will be 1.9, and 1.8 compatible!

As I mentioned before, I highly doubt it will be possible to make a server type that allows both 1.8.x and 1.9.x players to join. I tried to make a small list with things that change in 1.9 that will make it difficult/ impossible to make a 1.9 and 1.8 server:

A full hunger bar will regen you super fast in 1.9
This will cause an unfair advantage for 1.9 users, since their health regens faster when their hunger is satisfied. Also, this will mess with NoCheatPlus (which is installed on CubeCraft), because it detects sudden fast regeneration as abnormal and will therefore need to be tweaked.

Boats are totally different in 1.9
A major change has occured in 1.9 where boats are now totally different in looks and in the way they work. The controls have not changed a lot (since the last snapshot) from the 1.8 boat controls, but:
- Boats will no longer break when they hit the shore
- Boats will break lillypads
- Boats can now carry other entities
- Boats will sink is water get on top of them
- Boats are now super fast in turning and normal sailing (Also a NoCheatPlus tweak needed here)

Attack damage and Attack speed have been altered in 1.9
1.9 Users will now have an problem fighting against 1.8 users, since 1.8 users can constantly deal the same amount of damage, but 1.9 users damage varies on their attack speed and whether or not they wear armor (In 1.9, your armor is weaker if your attackspeed is not fully regened)
There are so many changes here that I don't even want to list them. Most of them will cause a major problem with the NoCheatPlus system in 1.8, so they either need tweaking, but I doubt that it will be possible to let both 1.8 and 1.9 users play in the same game.

Notchapples have been removed and Goldenapples will give you a different effect in 1.9
1.8 Users will be able to craft Notchapples, but 1.9 users won't (This can however be fixed with plugin coding)
Also, golden apples will now have a different effect when eaten in 1.9 (But also this could be changed with some plugin coding)

Entities have been changed
A lot of entities have been tweaked in 1.9, and as a result of that, their hitbox will now be different. (NoCheatPlus problems incomming)
The skeletons look and AI has had a major change. (Though skeletons are not really used on CubeCraft)
The AI of many other mobs has changed as well. (Though again, mobs are not used very much on CubeCraft)

Blocks are added in 1.9
This will not be a problem though, since they could use the same system as they did in the 1.7/1.8 compatible servers.

These are just some changes in 1.9 that I believe need to be looked after since they will else cause problems when both 1.8 and 1.9 play in the same game/server.
Sorry for the long reply :) I had some spare time...

xMegaGamerx

Feb 8, 2015
I have made a thread about this once and the developpers said they will make CCG 1.9 but with the pvp from 1.8, so to all those who don't want to have 1.9 pvp don't be afraid. PvP will stick to 1.8 but only blocks will change. Am I right @error_dan_overflow @CaptainDawg_ ?

FM22

Jan 10, 2016
As I mentioned before, I highly doubt it will be possible to make a server type that allows both 1.8.x and 1.9.x players to join. I tried to make a small list with things that change in 1.9 that will make it difficult/ impossible to make a 1.9 and 1.8 server:

A full hunger bar will regen you super fast in 1.9
This will cause an unfair advantage for 1.9 users, since their health regens faster when their hunger is satisfied. Also, this will mess with NoCheatPlus (which is installed on CubeCraft), because it detects sudden fast regeneration as abnormal and will therefore need to be tweaked.

Boats are totally different in 1.9
A major change has occured in 1.9 where boats are now totally different in looks and in the way they work. The controls have not changed a lot (since the last snapshot) from the 1.8 boat controls, but:
- Boats will no longer break when they hit the shore
- Boats will break lillypads
- Boats can now carry other entities
- Boats will sink is water get on top of them
- Boats are now super fast in turning and normal sailing (Also a NoCheatPlus tweak needed here)

Attack damage and Attack speed have been altered in 1.9
1.9 Users will now have an problem fighting against 1.8 users, since 1.8 users can constantly deal the same amount of damage, but 1.9 users damage varies on their attack speed and whether or not they wear armor (In 1.9, your armor is weaker if your attackspeed is not fully regened)
There are so many changes here that I don't even want to list them. Most of them will cause a major problem with the NoCheatPlus system in 1.8, so they either need tweaking, but I doubt that it will be possible to let both 1.8 and 1.9 users play in the same game.

Notchapples have been removed and Goldenapples will give you a different effect in 1.9
1.8 Users will be able to craft Notchapples, but 1.9 users won't (This can however be fixed with plugin coding)
Also, golden apples will now have a different effect when eaten in 1.9 (But also this could be changed with some plugin coding)

Entities have been changed
A lot of entities have been tweaked in 1.9, and as a result of that, their hitbox will now be different. (NoCheatPlus problems incomming)
The skeletons look and AI has had a major change. (Though skeletons are not really used on CubeCraft)
The AI of many other mobs has changed as well. (Though again, mobs are not used very much on CubeCraft)

Blocks are added in 1.9
This will not be a problem though, since they could use the same system as they did in the 1.7/1.8 compatible servers.

These are just some changes in 1.9 that I believe need to be looked after since they will else cause problems when both 1.8 and 1.9 play in the same game/server.
Sorry for the long reply :) I had some spare time...

All these changes apply to the 1.9 SERVER. It is not that hard to allow both 1.8 and 1.9 clients to join the server as long as it remains 1.8. The PvP changes in 2.9 have not 'ruined' Minecraft, just changed it, in my opinion. I'm not sure how feasible this is from a coding perspective, but perhaps have servers running both versions so users can get used to the 1.9 gameplay but still play 1.8 if they want?

p_assassin

May 15, 2015
i cringe when people say the current pvp system is spam clicking

play kitpvp and say that again.

and btw 1.8 ftw
screw 1.9 it has more cons then pros.

Reactions: eZ_KickAss
Members Online

Team online

• Camezonda
    Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈

Latest posts