• A game at a time

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Don't, stay with just client support

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
So with the release of Minecraft java edition 1.13 on Wednesday, Cube has added 1.13 client support on the 1.9 network. After many ppl asking for the server to update to the new version when its out, @Quetzi said they would, but they didn't. Tbh it feels like we were lied to, for it to seem like management were listening to us, but then when the time came to give us what we wanted, they gave us only a small fraction of it.

For those of you who don't understand what I mean and that we can now use 1.13 features on Cube, when you connect with 1.13, that's literally the only 1.13 thing they've added. The server still runs 1.9.2, so everything added from 1.10 onwards is totally unusable, except from a few games which run 1.11.

As we wanted a full update, we meant the server running 1.13, which would give those of us who prefer to only update when needed a reason to connect to Cube in 1.13. Think of what we could have; tridents and turtle helmets in survival games, skywars, eggwars and more, magma blocks in maps for games that involve PvP, a significantly wider range of blocks to use, even a new minigame that uses the new swimming mechanics.

So, I've come up with two ideas of how an update to 1.13 could be done. The first being obvious, which is to update the entire network in one go, but that'll keep us waiting awhile. But the second being to update the games one at a time, with the more popular ones being first and the less popular being last, except for the ones that run 1.11, which should be updated last due to running a more up to date version already. Then when all the games are 1.13, update the hub.

TheBrownster

Forum Expert
Jun 10, 2016
A Pasture
I mean, 1.13 just came out, and I think it’s pretty amazing that they were able to give support to it already. I am voting a game at a time because fully updating the entire network at one time will take longer. So one at a time (starting with most popular 1.9 games) would allow us to play true 1.13 (with blocks and mechanics) sooner.

I do want to go into a small bit of coding talk quick. I only have messed with in game command stuff (so not plugins), so this may all be entirely wrong.
1.13 has been a massive update. This update has including a ton of command format changes and how commands run generally. I would say the majority of commands have been changed in some way. We are talking almost anything built before 1.13 being entirely broken. Not saying these changes are bad (they are actually amazing) but it will take quite a bit of work to almost entirely remake what you had built. If plugins use anything even related to default commands, it will require massive rewriting of code. This will not be a simple quick fix, so I would not expect updates soon.

Again, I find it amazing they were even able to provide support for 1.13 this early. So I would not call it a lie that they haven’t somehow made a complete network update in the space of when the update was released. Just be patient. :)

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
I would not call it a lie that they haven’t somehow made a complete network update in the space of when the update was released.
I agree, I shouldn't have called it a lie, its too early to say if the network will go 1.13.

SpankMeSanta

Dedicated Member
Nov 12, 2016
I don't think they lied because on the "summer update" thing they posted they said "leave 1.13 suggestions" or something

But I think it will be many many months until the server is 1.13. Maybe even by Christmas going by past history, but I'm not sure.
Hopefully they give us an estimated time of release, but if I were you, I'd expect the server to fully update to 1.13 by November or December.

General Kenobi

Jun 22, 2018
Coruscant
The problem isnt that we dont have full 1.13 yet, the problem is they said they will only update if a lot of people are playing. I understand not updating rn, but a “yes were workkng on it” would be nice.

Reactions: Lilleh__

Lilleh__

Dedicated Member
Apr 22, 2017
First make a update for 1.8 WE ARE WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS!
The minority of Cube's community is 1.8 as most 1.8 players are on other servers. They will add more games to 1.8 if there's enough demand for them, which currently isn't the case.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Otherworld wrote on Frontlane's profile.
The person whom this profile page belongs is cute ✨
After being away for more than a year, I'm returning to Cubecraft. I've really missed the community. Feel free to say hi if you spot me on Discord or the server. :)
RobinDn wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
BurgerCat13 wrote on Nikoshka's profile.
Happy Birthday
Apparently I'm getting reports that server routing is broken in some countries. One of my friends (he's from Kuwait) got redirected to Asian servers and got higher ping as a result. He has better ping in EU than in Asia. Could you guys look into it? Thanks
Top Bottom