Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

zzRouxfop / xAkkek

Aug 2, 2020
Inside a 老干妈 jar
After some experience playing both versions, I decided to throw all of my notes I collected in this post. Maybe i’ve left some out, who knows. This post will have a more neutral view towards both versions of PvP found on Java (vanilla bedrock PvP has subtle differences)

the pace
1.8 is typically thought of as more fast paced than 1.12, and to be honest, I feel like 92% of the reason why 1.8 feels faster paced than 1.9 is because of the CPS factor.

The problem with ping
So I am from the US, and ping kinda matters, especially in 1.12. In 1.8, even though the first click may not register, the next one might; however in 1.9, the player will have one valuable hit to spend wisely, or “spend with meaning”.

community
I feel like 1.8 has a more developed community than 1.12; maybe I’m wrong, who knows. But I certainly know that there are more 1.8 videos than 1.12 on YouTube, and some of the biggest servers are 1.8 servers.

Combo diversity
1.12 has more of a variety of combos than 1.8, especially when critical hits are factored in. It’s the simple fact that the player only has one hit to use meaningfully that makes the player more conscious in the game.

Axe and shield
Honestly i have no idea why these items are broken in cube. I once fought my friend on shield and axe and post-duel he said,”This isn’t axe and shield this is axe and paper wall!” I think when he realized that shields and axes are nerfed on cube, he went into a brief period of confusion and shock at the fact of it XD

Knockback
one thing that v1ndicator pointed out is that the knockback found in both 1.8 and 1.12 are different. and now that I think about it, I agree. testing it out with some friends in duels, playing 1.12 in a 1.8 style is very reminiscent of the knockback in bedrock cubecraft before the knockback update (heh... anyone that old yet?)

summary
In the end, I think both 1.8 and 1.12 PvP have each their pros and cons, and both versions are fun in my opinion; in the end it’s just personal preference. I chose to main 1.12 because I was just plain interested ever since I saw and participated in hackersdontwin streams :P

Now I want to turn to you, the reader; what stuff have I left out in this post? Is there anything in need of tweaking? Let me know by replying to this post! Your contribution helps!

few foot notes and myths
-Why is it even called 1.9 PvP when a lot of people that main 1.9 usually play on 1.12?
-Jitter clicking / getting high CPS in general doesn’t give arthritis if done long enough, the mouse hand will adapt after some time, but make sure to take breaks once in a while to prevent strain :)
-I sometimes wonder why the “cubecraft of 1.8.9” (you know which server I’m talking about) is considered very laggy… i mean, sure, there are a crack load of players, but at the same time the server can handle it… I believe it’s because the same people that claim that that server is laggy are the same peoples that log in to that server in versions other than 1.8.9, which is the version that server recommends the player to play in.
-some 1.9 peoples would say that 1.8 is just mindless clicking. And I can confirm; it’s not as easy as holding W and clicking as fast as possible because of different factors like movement. And to the people that say,”oh, the faster you click the better you are at 1.8”. As said again, 1.8 isn’t just mindless spam clicking; and playing with 10 CPS goes just as fine as playing with 20. Before I used the kain aimo 122 I used a mouse that couldn’t double click and I was still just as good back then.
- on the subject of double clicking, it’s not the be all and end all, but more like a small boost. I’ve already talked about how it doesn’t really matter in PvP, but what about other things like drag clicking?

well I was able to moonwalk bridge with 8 CPS so don’t complain. (Although getting a mouse that double clicks makes it waaay easier)

although fair warning: drag clicking and sometimes double clicking are bannable in servers like cubecraft because it could be flagged by anti cheats as auto clicking.

Last edited:

Am4er

Dedicated Member
Dec 6, 2018
VA, USA
Pronouns
He/Him
After some experience playing both versions, I decided to throw all of my notes I collected in this post. Maybe i’ve left some out, who knows. This post will have a more neutral view towards both versions of PvP found on Java (vanilla bedrock PvP has subtle differences)

the pace
1.8 is typically thought of as more fast paced than 1.12, and to be honest, I feel like 92% of the reason why 1.8 feels faster paced than 1.9 is because of the CPS factor.

The problem with ping
So I am from the US, and ping kinda matters, especially in 1.12. In 1.8, even though the first click may not register, the next one might; however in 1.9, the player will have one valuable hit to spend wisely, or “spend with meaning”.

community
I feel like 1.8 has a more developed community than 1.12; maybe I’m wrong, who knows. But I certainly know that there are more 1.8 videos than 1.12 on YouTube, and some of the biggest servers are 1.8 servers.

Combo diversity
1.12 has more of a variety of combos than 1.8, especially when critical hits are factored in. It’s the simple fact that the player only has one hit to use meaningfully that makes the player more conscious in the game.

Axe and shield
Honestly i have no idea why these items are broken in cube. I once fought my friend on shield and axe and post-duel he said,”This isn’t axe and shield this is axe and paper wall!” I think when he realized that shields and axes are nerfed on cube, he went into a brief period of confusion and shock at the fact of it XD

summary
In the end, I think both 1.8 and 1.12 PvP have each their pros and cons, and both versions are fun in my opinion; in the end it’s just personal preference. I chose to main 1.12 because I was just plain interested ever since I saw and participated in hackersdontwin streams :P

Now I want to turn to you, the reader; what stuff have I left out in this post? Is there anything in need of tweaking? Let me know by replying to this post! Your contribution helps!

few foot notes and myths
-Why is it even called 1.9 PvP when a lot of people that main 1.9 usually play on 1.12?
-Jitter clicking / getting high CPS in general doesn’t give arthritis if done long enough, the mouse hand will adapt after some time, but make sure to take breaks once in a while to prevent strain :)
-I sometimes wonder why the “cubecraft of 1.8.9” (you know which server I’m talking about) is considered very laggy… i mean, sure, there are a crack load of players, but at the same time the server can handle it… I believe it’s because the same people that claim that that server is laggy are the same peoples that log in to that server in versions other than 1.8.9, which is the version that server recommends the player to play in.
-some 1.9 peoples would say that 1.8 is just mindless clicking. And I can confirm; it’s not as easy as holding W and clicking as fast as possible because of different factors like movement. And to the people that say,”oh, the faster you click the better you are at 1.8”. As said again, 1.8 isn’t just mindless spam clicking; and playing with 10 CPS goes just as fine as playing with 20. Before I used the kain aimo 122 I used a mouse that couldn’t double click and I was still just as good back then.
- on the subject of double clicking, it’s not the be all and end all, but more like a small boost. I’ve already talked about how it doesn’t really matter in PvP, but what about other things like drag clicking?

well I was able to moonwalk bridge with 8 CPS so don’t complain. (Although getting a mouse that double clicks makes it waaay easier)

although fair warning: drag clicking and sometimes double clicking are bannable in servers like cubecraft because it could be flagged by anti cheats as auto clicking.
Hey!

Players on 1.12 want to maintain their method of play, even if other methods are available. Under this system, both playstyles would be totally viable as long as you're good at at least one of them. Players who are more patient and can time their hits + shields quite well could destroy the average less patient player who's clicking fast just by playing smart and dealing much damage. Players on 1.8 just want to click fast with their method of play to be viable, even if it's somewhat disadvantaged. Let's say a player can deal a 10 heart fully charged hit against a player with his sword against that player's armor, for example. If that same player were to not charge up at all, it would deal about half a heart, as the totally uncharged hits deal ~5% of their maximum damage.

Members Online

Members online

Latest profile posts

TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on Xi1m's profile.
Heya my friend how are you doing today?:D
𝑷𝑹𝑶 𝑾𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑨𝑨𝑹 wrote on L1kii's profile.
👀
qKhalidd wrote on ignsinf's profile.
Hi
TheOrderOfSapphire wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
welcome to the forums! I hope you will have a nice stay here:D
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #41-
The moon has moonquakes, which are kind of like the earthquakes on the Earth, but weaker.
Top Bottom