Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of the Knockback? (Test #1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodyannathan

Novice Member
Jun 8, 2020
hey im goody,
i play a lot of cubecraft and im about the get on all skywars leaderboards. ive never understood people who said the kb was bad or they couldnt combo someone. ive never had this problem. the only time when i cant combo someone is when im fighting someone that has a bad connection or way higher ping.

first ill explain why i dont like the new kb. so tbh the kb isnt a bad type of kb with this i mean its not extremly high kb and snowballs dont lauch someone 2 blocks in the air. i can see why people like it and why cubecraft put this into a test state. so for me this type of kb feels weird. fights feel weird and not like they should be in my opinion however thats just my opinion. my biggest argument against the kb is that it will make cubecraft just like any other server. i started playing cubecraft because it didnt have the high kb. and what in my opinion the best thing about cubecrafts kb is that only the players that are long time/ good cubecraft players are actualy good with it. if they change kb players from servers like hive,ectary and versai will be way better on cubecraft and the real true cubecraft players wont be better then them on cubecraft. on cubecraft someone that has never really played cube will all of a sudden be able to kill the best and most famous cubecraft players because they can work with the kb.

my suggestion:
instead of making a new type of kb they should fix the old one. i personaly never feel like someone takes weird kb because of the server. the only time people take weird kb is when they have a bad connection themselves. however i feel like my friends that live in america complain about the kb faster then eu players. a part of fixing the kb could be to make servers for na players.
the only thing thats wrong with cubecraft pvp is the jump crits. i 1v1 with some of the best players on the bedrock network to practice and we all agree that jumpcrits are to op. jump crits do way to much damage. its actualy this op that the one that times his jumpcrits right will almost always win the fight. the pvp is good against players that are worse then you however when i 1v1 someone thats really good if i dont get jumpcrits ill lose the fight 90% of time. however if i time my crits right i have a high chance of winning the fight. even if i land less hits then my opponent. if this gets taken serious by cubecraft staff please feel free to send me a messege i will record everything and show exactly why jumpcrits are to overpowerd.
the old kb would be good if people take knockback more consistent and the crits are less op.

conclusion: please dont implement a kb style that will make long time cubecraft players just avarage players on the server. by getting the new kb all players from other servers will be way better on cube and people that put a lot of work/effort in learning to work with cubecrafts kb will lose their special skills and just be an avarage player. it will make cubecraft+its long time players less special.

what to do?
keep the old kb and try to make crits less op. for anyone that says u cant combo with the old kb feel free to send me a messege but i know a lot of players that are able to combo on cubecraft and even you can learn it! dont make excuses like ur a pc player. ive played on controller and was able to beat pc players and u can connect your controller to ur phone. everyone should be able to learn how to combo with the old kb. it takes a little more time but when you learn it. you are special. people cant beat u that easy because u have special skills. because u play cubecraft.

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
hey im goody,
i play a lot of cubecraft and im about the get on all skywars leaderboards. ive never understood people who said the kb was bad or they couldnt combo someone. ive never had this problem. the only time when i cant combo someone is when im fighting someone that has a bad connection or way higher ping.

first ill explain why i dont like the new kb. so tbh the kb isnt a bad type of kb with this i mean its not extremly high kb and snowballs dont lauch someone 2 blocks in the air. i can see why people like it and why cubecraft put this into a test state. so for me this type of kb feels weird. fights feel weird and not like they should be in my opinion however thats just my opinion. my biggest argument against the kb is that it will make cubecraft just like any other server. i started playing cubecraft because it didnt have the high kb. and what in my opinion the best thing about cubecrafts kb is that only the players that are long time/ good cubecraft players are actualy good with it. if they change kb players from servers like hive,ectary and versai will be way better on cubecraft and the real true cubecraft players wont be better then them on cubecraft. on cubecraft someone that has never really played cube will all of a sudden be able to kill the best and most famous cubecraft players because they can work with the kb.

my suggestion:
instead of making a new type of kb they should fix the old one. i personaly never feel like someone takes weird kb because of the server. the only time people take weird kb is when they have a bad connection themselves. however i feel like my friends that live in america complain about the kb faster then eu players. a part of fixing the kb could be to make servers for na players.
the only thing thats wrong with cubecraft pvp is the jump crits. i 1v1 with some of the best players on the bedrock network to practice and we all agree that jumpcrits are to op. jump crits do way to much damage. its actualy this op that the one that times his jumpcrits right will almost always win the fight. the pvp is good against players that are worse then you however when i 1v1 someone thats really good if i dont get jumpcrits ill lose the fight 90% of time. however if i time my crits right i have a high chance of winning the fight. even if i land less hits then my opponent. if this gets taken serious by cubecraft staff please feel free to send me a messege i will record everything and show exactly why jumpcrits are to overpowerd.
the old kb would be good if people take knockback more consistent and the crits are less op.

conclusion: please dont implement a kb style that will make long time cubecraft players just avarage players on the server. by getting the new kb all players from other servers will be way better on cube and people that put a lot of work/effort in learning to work with cubecrafts kb will lose their special skills and just be an avarage player. it will make cubecraft+its long time players less special.

what to do?
keep the old kb and try to make crits less op. for anyone that says u cant combo with the old kb feel free to send me a messege but i know a lot of players that are able to combo on cubecraft and even you can learn it! dont make excuses like ur a pc player. ive played on controller and was able to beat pc players and u can connect your controller to ur phone. everyone should be able to learn how to combo with the old kb. it takes a little more time but when you learn it. you are special. people cant beat u that easy because u have special skills. because u play cubecraft.
But they wont get any new players, constantly new players come over to cubecraft and mostly mention the kb and how "bad" or "insignificant" it is so cubecraft is trying to improve that by making the old kb and just making crits lower in damage doesn't fix the experience for newcomers.

Goodyannathan

Novice Member
Jun 8, 2020
But they wont get any new players, constantly new players come over to cubecraft and mostly mention the kb and how "bad" or "insignificant" it is so cubecraft is trying to improve that by making the old kb and just making crits lower in damage doesn't fix the experience for newcomers.
i dont see why people cant combo on cubecraft imo the only thing thats broken are the jumpcrits.

rxversed

Dec 24, 2020
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

🤔 Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
😍 After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! 💙
I love this feature, mainly because I feel like I dont even take combat or give kb. I tried the Skywars KB and I loved it, I was getting combo'ed and I was combo'ing other people, it seems fair and id love it in the game.

PluckyRaccoon06

Novice Member
Jun 6, 2020
Pronouns
He/Him
The unique knockback on cube is part of the reason i play it over just any other server. Its starting to feel a lot like hive kb to me. I personally hope that the kb dosent get added to any of the existing pvp games. Like other people have mentioned, ive never understood the complaints people have had about there being too little kb or not being able to get combos. I suppose it does make it difficult for cube to get new players if they are just known as "that one server with no knockback". I know cube will probably have to change the knockback in some way if they want to get new players, but i hope they do it in a way that dosent change the game to much for the people who have been playing cube for a while. Atm, this isnt what they have.

SlinkyGnu05604

Forum Expert
Jan 4, 2019
www.youtube.com
hey im goody,

my suggestion:

what to do?
I agree with keeping the old KB but make it so you deal more kb each hit instead of taking barely any KB. Crits are fine the way they are, so no changes needed there

D

Deleted member 486292

I am not skilled on mobile, it is true. It is because I am mainly computer player, I am not playing on mobile that much. I know that it is not the best example (that clip). But I have tried to show how hard is to beat computer player while using touch controls with this KB system. I just don´t want you to think that I am upset mobile player (I am level 86 on Bedrock). I just think about them too. I can also combo players with keyboard and mouse, but it seems unfair to me.
but my point is that its not cubecrafts problem. It's the mobile player's problem. PC has always been and always will be the objectively best control scheme.

jajacrack

Dec 24, 2020
I hope they do not implement this new knockback, but if they do add it, please add a plugin that makes the fishing rod as in Java 1.8, to be able to escape the combos.
But I really hope they don't add this new knockback

Geodas11

Dec 1, 2019
Europe - Czechia
but my point is that its not cubecrafts problem. It's the mobile player's problem. PC has always been and always will be the objectively best control scheme.
Mobile players problem? Yes, but CubeCraft will lose them. I am sure that CubeCraft goal is to attract players (=earn more money), and not to lose them. That is the point of this update, because this KB update will benefit computer players, and that will dissuade mobile players. This is what I want to say.

lavapossum82

Aug 20, 2020
Personally, I don't like it - feels way too much like Hive to me. Pvp is the main reason I play Cubecraft more than Hive, since I prefer vanilla pvp. But if Cube's pvp becomes like the Hive then... idk.

If you're gonna change it, just make it less randomized. You don't have to completely redo it
yeah i agree with that same for me if they end up changing this i will stop playing cc gamemodes tbh i will be so sad i hate the hive with this new pvp kill aura is even more illegal
please do not make this normal

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
1st of I love the new pvp changes! I think they are great as a pc player although I feel like this would hurt the touch community. as a former touch player myself I feel like touch players would get hit to the moon and back. I am not sure how to balance these changes and I am definitely not a developer but if a all possible I think it would be cool to add a maximum amount of hits that can be chained, for example if a play is in the air for 3 hits it gives them some sort of invincibility or something to stop stuff like this from happening.
and this was the first video that popped up when I searched up hive combo's
nope thats how reach works 3 blocks its no plugin just how a combo in upwards pvp works

Cubecrafttalk

Novice Member
May 23, 2019
Mobile players problem? Yes, but CubeCraft will lose them. I am sure that CubeCraft goal is to attract players (=earn more money), and not to lose them. That is the point of this update, because this KB update will benefit computer players, and that will dissuade mobile players. This is what I want to say.
You are right. Part of the reason why cubecraft has so many players compared to some of the other servers is because its slightly more welcoming/forgiving to mobile players who dont get completely overpowered just because someone is using a better device. This will tip the game so much in favour of pc/kbm that it would be pointless for most mobile/controller players to struggle against it. People wont buy ranks on a server where its just not fun for them to play on.

Im not against a game or two to have this setting to keep people happy who would prefer this or want a fun bouncy knockback game.

Reactions: Geodas11

MoussaThe1st

Aug 19, 2020
yeah, i don't like this new kb update, for a few reasons... first of all, this is the place to come to when you don't really like theHive kb, and its unique... now its gonna change, and be like all the other bedrock servers, which ain't so pleasing. a few other things are how people have been working hard for months, even a year or more practicing, becoming really good in the game,,, and then they end up literally losing all skills cuz of this update? then you almost feel like you wasted so much time getting good, then the game changes... that kinda hurts, especially for players who've been playing for a long time, and have made so many accompleshments,,, and this is the result... the game changes... and actually before this kb update,,, people were still happy with the game! atleast many players, and players who don't like it, go to theHive and other servers. before this kb update, you can kinda compare the pvp style to how pvp in a survival world is... more like a survival before then it would/will be after this update,,, and another thing is that after this update, pvp will be quite less skill based, v=basically crit spamming and jump spamming and stuff,,, which just isn't nice... less fun too... so please consider not doing this kb update, have a good day :)

Doesn’t feel like I’m playing 1.8 at all, I feel like I’m playing on something like hyperlands
yes, and for some ppl thats the point of CCG, is to play different then hive and hyperlands
Firstststtsttst
its looks great bc the kb kinda looking bad
E
yeah pls no update xD
I was told to reply with this here so ya know.

So the new knockback update is good. I mean even adding a tiny bit of knockback would have been an improvement from what it used to be.

I still have some improvement ideas since nothing is perfect. The horizontal kb is completely fine I don’t think that needs changing. However the vertical kb, I can’t keep a consistent combo or carry people off the edge. I mean I kind of can but it’s hard.

The knockback also doesn’t seem to work at all with projectiles. I know on the hive that when u hit someone with a snowball it launches them however with cube I feel like it still doesn’t do anything.

It’s also not the best when someone’s running at me, if I’m in a sprinting fight it feels like the old kb. (PvP not projectiles) Clarification: I mean if I'm in a sprinting fight 1v1 it feels like before the knockback features

Also could just be a lag issue but the PvP doesn’t feel the cleanest. Like with the hive it’s so smooth but with cube it feels a little rough idk how to explain it

Also for everyone saying its like the hive KB, I disagree, maybe if Cube just used normal Bedrock PvP it would be cool but we need knockback in PvP.

This could just be a me issue and I could just be bad at PvP but if you see this lemme know if you agree/disagree pls.
yeah man this is CubeCraft, no need to send ppl flying,,, like thehive xD
Add. This.
._______.
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

🤔 Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
😍 After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! 💙
no pls cubecraft is good the way it is

basically you need to have op mouse to be good, yeah basically have high cps... :/

Last edited by a moderator:

TnAdan_

Jul 13, 2020
Brazil
need some fix (:
the KB golden sword deals the same KB as the new KB

removing this the KB is INCREDIBLE, i loved it and i know that many other players are happy about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
This is YOUR daily dose of facts #19-
The Sun makes a sound but we can't hear it.
Reesle wrote on xireu's profile.
Welcome to the Forums! Hope you enjoy your stay :D
Top Bottom