Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of the Knockback? (Test #1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

🤔 Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
😍 After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! 💙

Cowgoesmuuu

Oct 18, 2020
I hate this style of pvp it’s exactly the same as the hive and that’s why I chose to play cubecraft over hive. I am an eggwars duos leaderboard player and play a lot but if the kB was changed to this I have to say I would play cubecraft a lot less and probably switch. This type of pvp takes less skill and favours less skilled players

cased lemon

Dec 23, 2020
IMO I think that the kb experiment is making cubecraft into the Hive. Before the kb experiment made it so newer people have a chance at getting trades but now it’s if you have a high Cps you can combo people. (Kind of like the Hive) But overall I think that it’s a good update to have. With a little bit of reworks.

If you see the video you can see that the person getting hit doesn’t take kb in some parts.

InsaneOrbitzz

Nov 18, 2019
I was told to reply with this here so ya know.

So the new knockback update is good. I mean even adding a tiny bit of knockback would have been an improvement from what it used to be.

I still have some improvement ideas since nothing is perfect. The horizontal kb is completely fine I don’t think that needs changing. However the vertical kb, I can’t keep a consistent combo or carry people off the edge. I mean I kind of can but it’s hard.

The knockback also doesn’t seem to work at all with projectiles. I know on the hive that when u hit someone with a snowball it launches them however with cube I feel like it still doesn’t do anything.

It’s also not the best when someone’s running at me, if I’m in a sprinting fight it feels like the old kb. (PvP not projectiles) Clarification: I mean if I'm in a sprinting fight 1v1 it feels like before the knockback features

Also could just be a lag issue but the PvP doesn’t feel the cleanest. Like with the hive it’s so smooth but with cube it feels a little rough idk how to explain it

Also for everyone saying its like the hive KB, I disagree, maybe if Cube just used normal Bedrock PvP it would be cool but we need knockback in PvP.

This could just be a me issue and I could just be bad at PvP but if you see this lemme know if you agree/disagree pls.

Awabbatt

Nov 14, 2020
Ik most people want a kb change but tbh i dont like it, it feels WAAAY too much just like the hive
Its just my opinion, many other ppl will be excited

Also just realized how hard it will be in other gamemodes like eggwars ( the game i mainly speedrun ) if your trying to destroy an egg and someone protected it and they are spamming hit you its gonna be very annyoing

Last edited:

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
I was told to reply with this here so ya know.

So the new knockback update is good. I mean even adding a tiny bit of knockback would have been an improvement from what it used to be.

I still have some improvement ideas since nothing is perfect. The horizontal kb is completely fine I don’t think that needs changing. However the vertical kb, I can’t keep a consistent combo or carry people off the edge. I mean I kind of can but it’s hard.

The knockback also doesn’t seem to work at all with projectiles. I know on the hive that when u hit someone with a snowball it launches them however with cube I feel like it still doesn’t do anything.

It’s also not the best when someone’s running at me, if I’m in a sprinting fight it feels like the old kb. (PvP not projectiles) Clarification: I mean if I'm in a sprinting fight 1v1 it feels like before the knockback features

Also could just be a lag issue but the PvP doesn’t feel the cleanest. Like with the hive it’s so smooth but with cube it feels a little rough idk how to explain it

Also for everyone saying its like the hive KB, I disagree, maybe if Cube just used normal Bedrock PvP it would be cool but we need knockback in PvP.

This could just be a me issue and I could just be bad at PvP but if you see this lemme know if you agree/disagree pls.
exactly

pandromelives

Dec 23, 2020
Ive played a couple changes of the test ( its at beta games) and omg it feels amazing before i never comboed it felt like something was wrong i played w the new KTS and i comboed a lot more now it feels like its all about skill and not who was better gear 100% guaranteed win before its was like almost no knockback and it was hard throwing people of the edge now its easy 100% love the update great job devs :D

RelatedNoobs

Partner
🤝 Partner 💜
Nov 17, 2019
I don’t think I can describe in words how much frustration the old knockback was. I’ve played a bunch of games and have to say this is amazing. I can actually combo and there’s none of that inconsistent 1.9 garbage 😂 I would absolutely love to see this uploaded to all games ASAP because it’s perfect imo.

ToastedByTom

Mar 4, 2020
England
www.youtube.com
Hey, so me and the Toasters have been playing this and this is our options on it. (We are all on different devices so it makes the option base better)
Here is what we said:

ToastedByTom(Me): YES! This is what I have been waiting for, please add this into every gamemode! I have been waiting for this for so long and it's finally here! (I play on PC) It's also very very smooth.

ToastedByAd: I think the new KnockBack is EPIC! (He plays on Nintendo)

ToastedBylep: I think the new KnockBack is insane! It increases the chance of better clutches and combos, which I absolutely LOVE!! It's truly outstanding.

Good job guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Sergiio12 wrote on LoveAndMafia's profile.
Alejaaaandro
Blom wrote on Lyriie's profile.
Lyriie, sorry for bullying you all the time :o
Ur an amazing staff member <3
mojang nerf mobile players pls
Someone nerfed me because I can't find those hidden chests as easily anymore.. I won't stop trying tho >:c
Top Bottom