Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of the Knockback? (Test #1)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkemunky

Aug 11, 2018
Murica
I was told to reply with this here so ya know.

So the new knockback update is good. I mean even adding a tiny bit of knockback would have been an improvement from what it used to be.

I still have some improvement ideas since nothing is perfect. The horizontal kb is completely fine I donā€™t think that needs changing. However the vertical kb, I canā€™t keep a consistent combo or carry people off the edge. I mean I kind of can but itā€™s hard.

The knockback also doesnā€™t seem to work at all with projectiles. I know on the hive that when u hit someone with a snowball it launches them however with cube I feel like it still doesnā€™t do anything.

Itā€™s also not the best when someoneā€™s running at me, if Iā€™m in a sprinting fight it feels like the old kb. (PvP not projectiles) Clarification: I mean if I'm in a sprinting fight 1v1 it feels like before the knockback features

Also could just be a lag issue but the PvP doesnā€™t feel the cleanest. Like with the hive itā€™s so smooth but with cube it feels a little rough idk how to explain it

Also for everyone saying its like the hive KB, I disagree, maybe if Cube just used normal Bedrock PvP it would be cool but we need knockback in PvP.

This could just be a me issue and I could just be bad at PvP but if you see this lemme know if you agree/disagree pls.

I actually have the vertical knockback the way it is for combos. Here's a video highlighting how one would combo:

_The13thDoctor_

Forum Professional
Jul 23, 2016
Chicago, Illinois
www.cubecraft.net
Pronouns
He/Him
Personally, I don't like it - feels way too much like Hive to me. Pvp is the main reason I play Cubecraft more than Hive, since I prefer vanilla pvp. But if Cube's pvp becomes like the Hive then... idk.

If you're gonna change it, just make it less randomized. You don't have to completely redo it

Same, I am used to the way it is now and itā€™s defiantly different. The kb as it is now is fun to mess around with and in general makes for interesting games. Also now it takes way less kb when it was just about right before hand.

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
I think this new system is an improvement over the other one, but in my opinion could be better. There are 3 features I think are worth mentioning my thoughts on:
  1. Horizontal knockback. I think this by far the best improvement from the old system of kb. Previously, I found myself running through people because they barely moved when I hit them, and people standing on the edge of maps would just not fall off even though I hit them multiple times. In this new system, I have no trouble hitting people off the edge, and keeping them in front of me when I pvp.

2. Vertical knockback. I personally am not the biggest fan of vertical knockback since vanilla combat (1.8 and bedrock) does not really have it. I don't hate the new system for having high vertical kb, but I would like to see a version which tones it down a bit. I would rather have more horizontal combos than vertical ones.

3. Crits. Are they gone? What's the deal with them?
Regardless of those opinions, I do find the new combat a bit clunky, and don't think it is quite ready to be expanded to all games quite yet.

icxrrent

Dec 23, 2020
In my opinion, its great but look at mobile players and people who click 7-8 cps like me. They would just get comboed immediately because of extra hits lol. Plus, CubeCraft is becoming Hive and I kinda don't want that to happen.

So, all in all, its a no for me due to unbalanced vertical kb, unfair advantage to people who cant click 10+ cps and mobile players in general.

Geodas11

Dec 1, 2019
Europe - Czechia
Personally, I don't like it - feels way too much like Hive to me. Pvp is the main reason I play Cubecraft more than Hive, since I prefer vanilla pvp. But if Cube's pvp becomes like the Hive then... idk.

If you're gonna change it, just make it less randomized. You don't have to completely redo it
Exactly! I also prefer CubeCraft than The Hive because of knockback

kochido

Apr 8, 2020
This update for me would be 8/10
The Sprint Glitches
Now I am on 1.16.100 for this happening to me and I have not tested the newest but if you are on the new version can you clarify if it occurs but when you go to Jump Combo, A technique used to keep a person in the air for a long period, Your sprint is being reset to walking speed.
Projectiles Feel Useless To Use
When I was playing I felt like using projectiles Mid-Fight felt useless because they deal not as noticeable kb compared to back then making them just useless because your weapon or fist can deal more knockback -Solution- Get rid of the cap of holding down the right click with snowballs (making it like java 1.8 snowballs) add more kb dealing to the snowballs.
After some negative points:
The KB itself
The KB has a huge improvement and still feels like the old one so old players see it still, It feels way more fair since I feel it provides more skill than ever props to the Dev team for making this update now combo's feel more satisfying!

KEEP IT UP DEV'S!!!!!

JungleVulcano

Mar 19, 2020
It's good, but it's too much horizontal kb and players go far away and we can't always combo them and because if someone is good, he combo the person and he can't hit them, I'm not the person who get comboed but I think it's a little bit not fair for mobile players, they just want to have fun and not getting comboed to every game. Also add more vertical kb, because they are always on the same Y and we can't really push them

D

Deleted member 486292

Some musings about the first test.

I notice that projectiles seem to be relatively ineffective in terms of kb.

Also, I think the kb is missing the knockback resistance factor of 1.6x when the player sends an attack packet like in java 1.8. (basically when a player left clicks their overall kb taken if someone attacks them on the same tick is multiplied by 0.6x), which is missing here. Sometimes when high CPS players hit each other straight on they both go flying back on the first hit which shouldnt always happen.

Another thing is that w tapping doesnt seem to make much of a difference. I would like to see more kb administered if you W tap.

Other than that its pretty much good.

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

šŸ¤” Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
šŸ˜ After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! šŸ’™
To all of you saying "wElL i dOnT sEe a DiFfeRenCe" its because you need to wtap lmao

D

Deleted member 486292

To all of you saying "wElL i dOnT sEe a DiFfeRenCe" its because you need to wtap lmao
I dont see the difference between w tapping and not w tapping. and even then, your velocity should be taken into account regardless if you w tap or not on ur first hit. I dont see that on this beta server.

Reactions: jpts

Geodas11

Dec 1, 2019
Europe - Czechia
Players with high CPS will have a BIG advatage, and that is unfair. Mobile players wonĀ“t have any change to win. I disagree. When someone combo me, I am "flying" in the air, while enemy is hitting me, and I canĀ“t do anything. And then I am dead. This will lure players to use auto clickers, double clicks, or anything else related to this. Actual knockback system is fair for everyone. I like CubeCraft, because of knockback. And I think that more players are playing on CubeCraft than on The Hive only because of knockback. I will have no server to play on, if knockback will change on CubeCraft. Players who agree with the new knockback are people who can reach a lot of CPS, and they just want to combo everyone, and donĀ“t give a chance to poor mobile players. The Hive is for tryharders (in PvP minigames), I see it, when I play there (The Hive have very similar knockback as CubeCraft new knockback). CubeCraft community is better, because all players have a chance to win with the actual knockback system without combos.
- All this is only MY OPINION!

Reactions: Goodyannathan

That1Turtle2

Aug 26, 2020
In cubecraft
discord.gg
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're super excited to introduce to you our first edition of the Knockback test! We've been working pretty hard to get this rolling - we've mentioned in our community talk about Bedrock that we're wanting to involve you guys with these tests before implementing to our entire network. Once we have enough feedback, we'll be pushing these changes to our network, but we need a lot of feedback from everyone to make sure this knockback is as good as it can be!

Knockback Test Version 1:
23/12/2020
  • First iteration.
  • Made knockback more consistent - large deviation from the current knockback.
  • Increased horizontal and vertical velocity from the current 1.9 knockback configuration.

Here's a few videos, before and after, of a fight happening on Bedrock.

šŸ¤” Before!

We've noticed that knockback is very stagnant - you take knockback inconsistently, double and triple hits happen randomly when you try and crit, and you're overall not able to predict where people will be after you hit. This made PvP'ing not enjoyable at all.
šŸ˜ After!

Consistent knockback? Combos? On CubeCraft?! WHAT IS THIS BLASPHEMY?
This experimental knockback is only available in the Beta Games lobby, and you're only able to play Solo SkyWars. Statistics do not count, and there is no leaderboard. The only maps open now are Wiring, Ping Pong and Circuit. The purpose of this game is only for testing knockback, and not grinding.

Once you've played a few games, please vote on the poll on this thread! We'll use this to help us determine whether or not the knockback has improved! If you still find issues, please respond to this thread! We'll update this thread if we go through any changes in the changelog section!

Thanks everyone! Hope you enjoy, and we look forward to reading your feedback! Have fun! šŸ’™
The only concern I have is I dont like the auto w-tap Its kinda annoying to chase people and it makes everything a bit less special but overall the kb is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Basketman wrote on Eli's profile.
Favourite how to tame a dragon movie, shoot.
Reesle wrote on ii6xxq's profile.
Welcome to the Official Cubecraft Forums!! Hope you enjoy your stay :)
Reesle wrote on Lucaatjee's profile.
Happy Birthday! šŸŽˆ
Matriox wrote on Kloska's profile.
day x
99th_DutchScary wrote on UncleSpect's profile.
Thanks for the follow! šŸ’–
Top Bottom