Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

What do you think of the Knockback? (Test #2)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpts

Novice Member
Aug 5, 2019
Wales, United Kingdom
I don't really like the new knockback because people fly too far away from you so it makes it harder to combo people.
but I like how you are listening to the community 😄

- best regards - Leon
huh? i can combo just fine with this even while walking. (when ive gotten someone into a combo, ofc)

Nxrn

Novice Member
Jul 9, 2020
www.youtube.com
Hey Bedrock CubeCrafters!

Today, we're releasing our second version of our Experimental Knockback! After reading all of your feedback on our initial release thread, we have decided to make a few changes! Read on to find out more... 👀

📜 Changelog!

- Decreased vertical knockback slightly: We did not want to decrease it to the point that combos were impossible, however, we've decreased it so you don't go flying when you're in a fight.

- Increased horizontal knockback slightly: Though the difference is rather negligible (for reference, the number was increased by 0.003 in code), we think this helps with getting combos on players, especially with the reduced vertical knockback.

- Added bow knockback: The knockback on projectiles, at the moment, is rather lacklustre. We're looking into implementing better knockback for projectiles like eggs and snowballs, however, we were able to adjust the bow knockback so that it isn't inconsistent as well. Be sure to leave us feedback on this!

- Removed sprint reset when getting a hit on a player: This was pretty annoying and inconvenient for most players.

- Added platform-specific games.

🎮 Platform-Specific Games!

We've also been experimenting with platform specific games, as mentioned in this thread.
For the last week, platform specific games have been enabled on our Knockback Testing gamemode, and are looking for feedback on this.

We understand that there may be some concerns, and we've tried to address most of them, but if there are any more concerns regarding this, please comment on this thread! If you're looking for an answer, feel free to click on any of these questions, as they have popped up in the initial feedback thread.

So, is this system always on?
This removes the challenge for mobile players
My games are more difficult
This will kill the game

Stream sniping is now ruined
I thought the problem was the knockback, who mentioned anything to do with platforms?
Why not add an option for this? So, I either queue with my same platform, or everyone?

After playing a few games, we'd like for you to vote on the poll on this thread, as well as the separate thread for platform-specific games. We're hoping that, if the support for the new KB and the platform-specific games are positive, we'll release this within a week or so! I'm super excited about this as it's been a problem on our network for a really long time now, and it's finally getting fixed! 🎉

We urge you all to play a couple of games before voting on the poll!

Thanks everyone! Have fun, and stay safe 💙
I like the horizontal kb for this but I wish there was a bit more vertical kb as well

Modulo

Dec 30, 2019
Recently, it seems like players on the newest versions of Bedrock, 1.16.201 and 1.16.202, take far less knockback and have weird behavior when hit such as sliding along the ground instead of being hit upwards. Those on older versions seem to take "normal" knockback, however. This happens across most gamemodes, beta skywars included. This issue may damage the integrity of the knockback beta test since most players seem to not take the intended amount of knockback.

Here's footage from a fight between myself (on 1.16.201) and another player (1.16.40) which demonstrates this difference.

Initially, I submitted this as a bug report, but was told to post here instead.

Puppyfied

Dec 3, 2020
CubeCity
I really like it, but the builder kit is extremely overpowered since you can immediately build over to someone and knock them off.

Other than that, I love this!

Cursedpug89

Sep 6, 2019
when is this coming too every gamemode? i'm so excited for this every play session me and my friend always start with a couple games of the new knockback so we can get good and we absolutely love it.

Landon AWESOME9

Novice Member
May 9, 2020
Why was this added to every gamemode when theres only 176 voters with only 115 voting yes? Cubecraft gets 20000+ players daily, 65% of 176 people liking the kb is not very good and 176 voters is a very small sample size to make a change as big as this.

Younisco

Forum Professional
May 13, 2014
london
Why was this added to every gamemode when theres only 176 voters with only 115 voting yes? Cubecraft gets 20000+ players daily, 65% of 176 people liking the kb is not very good and 176 voters is a very small sample size to make a change as big as this.
I did not include people who voted for option 3 - they helped with deciding what to do with the knockback. So, 115 / 158 = 75%. We realistically cannot get higher than this, even with larger sample sizes. We understand that the sample size is low, is something we want to address at a later date. 😄

Implemented - locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

dvodany wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Welcome onboard! 🎉
dvodany wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
Congrats on helper Worried, I knew you'll get there :D
dvodany wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congratulations, welcome (again) to the team! 👏
Tripleee wrote on xSchulzis's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Tripleee wrote on Frontlane's profile.
Congrats on helper!
Top Bottom