Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

Marieke2001

Forum Professional
Jul 2, 2015
The server's already declining
So you’re recognizing the server is declining, but you also want to keep all games, causing waiting times to be longer, which leads to players not enjoying a lot of games/maps due to it taking minutes to start 1 game???? Seems kinda contradicting.

What else would you suggest to stop further decline and to increase waiting times permanently without having to spend a lot of money on resources?

Reactions: Evaluatiefout

josepadgui

Mar 26, 2021
Cordoba, Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
So you’re recognizing the server is declining, but you also want to keep all games, causing waiting times to be longer, which leads to players not enjoying a lot of games/maps due to it taking minutes to start 1 game???? Seems kinda contradicting.

What else would you suggest to stop further decline and to increase waiting times permanently without having to spend a lot of money on resources?
I don't know, maybe keeping those games which are still popular, such as minerware, tower defence or duels may help??

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocks1

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
ya'll ruined ya selves. Egg wars is now come to half of the game filled with VIP members who dominate each game in 10 seconds flat..... With half of the maps gone you only have so many games to fill and the ratio is now this. Big reflection of your gamer base and who ya'll choose to support. Been nice on here but I'm out.
Yeah, this. Nothing but tryhard teams always sticking together. Very fun for someone that plays alone. Don't need to win every game, but in solo at least I had a change playing alone. That option isn't available anymore, so I'm out. Back to 1.8 pvp I guess. Liked 1.9+ more, but played plenty of 1.8 in the past too so I'll be fine.

gscuwurry

Sep 3, 2022
The reason I'm disappointed in this is that this isn't the first time. I hate to keep bringing Hive up, but when Hive closed a year ago, I wish Cubecraft saw the warning signs early instead of waiting until it actually was at stake. The Minecraft Java community is a dying one because microsoft wants to push Bedrock for whatever reason (we all know bedrock pales in comparison because it has less features, no offence bedrockers). So this is a changing competitive environment, and this change might be too little too late. I've seen many servers be mismanaged to this new change, so let's hope Cubecraft isn't another one of those.

• Angry

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
The reason I'm disappointed in this is that this isn't the first time. I hate to keep bringing Hive up, but when Hive closed a year ago, I wish Cubecraft saw the warning signs early instead of waiting until it actually was at stake. The Minecraft Java community is a dying one because microsoft wants to push Bedrock for whatever reason (we all know bedrock pales in comparison because it has less features, no offence bedrockers). So this is a changing competitive environment, and this change might be too little too late. I've seen many servers be mismanaged to this new change, so let's hope Cubecraft isn't another one of those.
Java isn't necessarily dying, but Java 1.9+ might be yeah. Though even that I'm not sure of, wouldn't be surprised if many casuals are just playing on the latest Minecraft version on that server anyways.

Hypixel is doing MUCH better now than they did back in 2018.. you know, 2018 when Cubecraft did the first big downgrade. Story keeps calling the Big Change a success, but here we are again.. server doesn't have the numbers to continue the way it does once more. It was a bandage that temporarily stopped the decline, nothing substansial has been done/succeeded to grow the community.

In that same period of time, Hypixel now has 4/5 times the average amount of players online compared to the end of 2018. Hypixel managed to grow in the time, when Cubecraft (Java) has been failing. So the blame isn't with Java entirely.

zMoomin

Jun 28, 2022
Finland
Pronouns
He/Him
The first day of new Cubecraft Java. How exciting! No. I had some hope to see things maybe going okay before this update, but now I realize how bad this actually is. I, as previously mentioned, am a Lucky Islands player mainly (Teams). I have played a bit of Solo in the past so I did it today too. Already, not even 10 games in, I am already bored because the same maps keep appearing over and over again. No way will this "life support system" for Cube ever work for 4 months when the first day already has me bored. I think many others, especially those who've got their favorite gamemode removed, agree. Now I can with confidence say that this is the end of Cubecraft Java, it won't take long until the player counts will hit rock bottom.

At the same time, all good things come to an end at some point, and that end is practically here now. We've got to accept it. This server holds so many memories for so many people for such a long time, but it's got to end sometime. I can imagine that it will take some time for people to move on, but there's no other choice. Life continues, with or without Cubecraft Java. I am gutted right now, and I don't see myself having the motivation to keep playing.

I appreciate the memories, sad to see it ending this way, but at the end of the day I'm happy I made so many memories here that I won't forget. So many new friends from all around the world, who I won't forget.

gamer8314

Jul 24, 2022
We've just went from summer vacations back into school, as well as Sunday into Monday.

It is quite impossible to see the results of these changes this quickly, it is quite reckless to try and make conclusions at this time.

We also anticipate losing players, as I've said- this is to prevent further decline, there will be initial leaves but the remaining games will start at all hours and should stabilize the future player count.
Here in America, its labor day today meaning that kids don't have school today and as for the Europeans, it would be late in the afternoon meaning that they can go on cube. I guess you can say that they have homework or have to study, but bedrock still gets 20k players and java in the past years got more. I know you said that java is dying and that you are trying to prevent it from shutting down, but based on java's past year and lack of communication of this announcement/update, I doubt it will work in the end.

Liontack

Novice Member
Jun 24, 2018
I am very confused why the cubecraft team wants to make a java 1.19 update that will take 4 months, if there are barely any java players. Doesn't seem profitable to me. Does this mean that cubecraft is only well-visited on the bedrock edition or is it struggling there too?

dreamydreams

Aug 2, 2022
Does this mean that cubecraft is only well-visited on the bedrock edition or is it struggling there too?
I'd hope not. They have ~24500 players online as the daily peak and if you join the Bedrock server you are surrounded by microtransactions everywhere you look, literally can't walk 10 blocks without bumping into another shop menu lmao.

_lunalovegood

May 29, 2022
killed the server gg
but literally though. they scrapped tower defense, among slimes (and other featured games), team modes in skywars/lucky islands, etc. etc. like what do they think is going to happen? everyone is just going to stick around and wait for the server to (MAYBE) come back in 4 months while playing the handful of mid games they left behind??? the server is more dead than ever. I logged on just to leave within a few minutes once I realized that everything I normally play is gone.

congrats mods--you really thought you did something smh

buttmaster27

Jun 22, 2016
Canada
youtube.com
1662427541918.png

LordSidi0us

Forum Expert
Mar 1, 2019
Coruscant
I'm here a little bit late, but even though my anger, rage and disappointment towards these decisions is immeasurable, at the end of the day, i'm a rational person and I understand the reasoning.
However, in this desperate time of need, the server needs to be supported by the community. This network is my only hope for the game itself.
@Story, I suggest you (I mean, the Administrator team) create a bill for donations, so everyone can help with whatever they can financially. It's not shameful to ask for help in a time of need, and I'm sure many people will help.

bwead

Novice Member
Aug 21, 2021
The server wont return, as it sits right now numbers have gone down, and they only will go down. Cubecraft was so rushed into this "update" (downdate?) that they missed to inform people outside of the forums. Its clear that Cubecraft has no intention of putting any effort into Cubecraft. I believe they're at a point where "whatever happens, happens". If they truly cared for the community, and truly wanted to save it. They wouldn't have came about it like this.

I tried the new update, it sucks. Even though the player base is still semi high, the community isn't. Other than all of our favourite games being gone, Cubecraft also feels like a ghost town now.

I haven't seen a single person that supports their decision and how they came about it.
Quote:
"Cubecraft was good, but after their success, they were doomed to the disgrace of downfall. The lack of updates, new games, progressively screwing up players with predatory monetary behaviors would lead to them being greedy and bringing ruin upon themselves."

Edit: I've decided to add the last part of that quote, just know it is not me.

Last edited:

quartz 🌈

Aug 12, 2020
the furry fandom
I haven't seen a single person that supports their decision and how they came about it.
I do. Although I do agree that they could've done better with the games deactivation and communication better. I also think they should make some sort of preferably open but also closed beta testing so the players can see and feel the progress of the update (just like Wynncraft did with their 2.0 update) given enough players are actually interested in testing and trying out the new stuff.

• Haha
Members Online

Team online

Latest profile posts

Reesle wrote on ToffeeET's profile.
Happy Birthday! 🎈
average roblox conversation
IMG_8762.jpeg
Nightmare wrote on WorriedSkate940's profile.
thanks for the follow!
Top Bottom