Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net

kaalaas7

Feb 16, 2022
Hello CubeCrafters,

On Monday at around 5pm UTC, our Skyblock game mode experienced a severe bug that corrupted island data for anyone joining their island from our main lobby or the Skyblock hub. Whilst we noticed this quickly and responded accordingly, we have determined that a large majority of players may have been impacted. Because of this, we have identified the players (around 13000) that joined during the period our servers had the bug, and we have sadly needed to prevent them from joining Skyblock for the next couple of days for a 24-hour rollback. This is to restore all generators and spawners that were lost.

What does this mean?

We regularly back up everything on our network specifically for issues just like this. For the players that joined during the period of the bug being present, we've decided to roll back their Skyblock islands to Monday at 11am UTC, which means any changes made to islands, including progress after this time, will be lost.

We understand that this solution might upset those who have just started our Skyblock game mode, or have been 'grinding' to earn Skyblock coins; however, this is the best solution we have to fix corrupted data and works for the most amount of people. We're very sorry if this causes any inconvenience. This will help save months of lost progress for most users. This is ONLY for our Bedrock network.

In light of the partial rollback, we plan

to activate a global ore generator booster which lasts for 48 hours in the near future, to help players that have missed progress get back up to speed. 🎉

We hope you understand and have a great rest of your day.
I have been waiting 2 weeks to play skyblock since the bug started and I really want to play

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
That’s not good enough Ben you as a developer must know what is going on I’m not asking for a update on when it will be back up and running I’m asking that rathe than not allowing us to know what is going on actually inform us what is happening and what you are actually doing to resolve this matter as soon as possible because at the moment all we know is there was a bug that messed up the generators now fortunately I was online up until the minute it got diss connected and did not experience such bug as most other plays could probably tell you they didn’t either so a explanation to why 13000 people can’t access there sky block other than a bug and we shut it down would be nice
The thread explains what the reason for the downtime is - a bug happened, several thousand players could have lost several thousand hours of work, so we're rolling back those islands. Unfortunately there's not much more detail we can provide there because there's not anything else to know - that's what the situation is.

Reactions: strongape

shinobi681

Mar 15, 2022
Bulgaria / UK
Pronouns
He/Him
The thread explains what the reason for the downtime is - a bug happened, several thousand players could have lost several thousand hours of work, so we're rolling back those islands. Unfortunately there's not much more detail we can provide there because there's not anything else to know - that's what the situation is.
What caused the 'bug' for example? What are you currently doing to restore Skyblock? Estimated time needed for 1 Island rollback, we'll do the math.. The community is right. I had high hopes of CubeCraft when I first started a month ago.. Sure I haven't spend real money on it yet, but I spend dedication. What are we supposed to do?

helloimd

Mar 18, 2022
CubeCraft team I just wanna know why my Skyblock isn’t working cause it’s been 1 week and I still can’t join

Ben

Aug 4, 2020
Radcliffe
Pronouns
He/They
What caused the 'bug' for example? What are you currently doing to restore Skyblock? Estimated time needed for 1 Island rollback, we'll do the math.. The community is right. I had high hopes of CubeCraft when I first started a month ago.. Sure I haven't spend real money on it yet, but I spend dedication. What are we supposed to do?
A deploy went out which inadvertently corrupted some item metadata. We're rolling back affected Skyblock islands to the last backup we had before the deploy. Unfortunately this is the first time we've had to do such a thing, so it's taking some time. We're definitely learning a lot from this whole situation and will be making changes to our island saving system and developer processes to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.

izagone

Mar 17, 2022
A deploy went out which inadvertently corrupted some item metadata. We're rolling back affected Skyblock islands to the last backup we had before the deploy. Unfortunately this is the first time we've had to do such a thing, so it's taking some time. We're definitely learning a lot from this whole situation and will be making changes to our island saving system and developer processes to make sure something like this doesn't happen again.
Thank you for letting us know the full story and letting us know it might take some time rather than assuming 24 to 38 hours is enough time to figure it out as a community we can support you fully now as we have the information needed to put our minds at ease rather than false hope. hopefully you are this transparent in the future if something like this happens again but again thank you for the update

EpicPlayermob

Mar 22, 2022
hey my world was not effected by the bug in the first place
then why i was kept in rollback list
?

Camezonda

Release Manager/Team Ops 🏳️‍🌈
Team CubeCraft
💙 Admin Team
Jul 23, 2015
Manchester
twitter.com
Pronouns
He/They
UPDATE:

Hello, we'd like to thank everyone affected by the rollback for being patient and waiting for us to resolve this problem. The rollback has taken longer than we expected and we're sorry for that. Now we have fully completed the rollback and everyone should be able to join their Skyblock islands now 🎉

If you cannot join your island or you still have broken generators/spawners on your island, please email our support at "support@cubecraft.net".

We have also activated a x2.3 booster on all ore generators, trees and crops for the next 5 days 🥰

Thanks,
Cam.

loneghost1430

Mar 16, 2022
Pronouns
They/Them
UPDATE:

Hello, we'd like to thank everyone affected by the rollback for being patient and waiting for us to resolve this problem. The rollback has taken longer than we expected and we're sorry for that. Now we have fully completed the rollback and everyone should be able to join their Skyblock islands now 🎉

If you cannot join your island or you still have broken generators/spawners on your island, please email our support at "support@cubecraft.net".

We have also activated a x2.3 booster on all ore generators, trees and crops for the next 5 days 🥰

Thanks,
Cam.
hi ive been on it since i noticed its been back up and it was fine but i just had a glitch where an gold ore generator glitched? also right before i got kicked out the world and the messege in chat said the server closed? im just a bit concerend that the glitch is gonna happen again therefore wanted to mention it,
1648039711151.png

wybrand

Mar 23, 2022
Hello CubeCrafters,

On Monday at around 5pm UTC, our Skyblock game mode experienced a severe bug that corrupted island data for anyone joining their island from our main lobby or the Skyblock hub. Whilst we noticed this quickly and responded accordingly, we have determined that a large majority of players may have been impacted. Because of this, we have identified the players (around 13000) that joined during the period our servers had the bug, and we have sadly needed to prevent them from joining Skyblock for the next couple of days for a 24-hour rollback. This is to restore all generators and spawners that were lost.

What does this mean?

We regularly back up everything on our network specifically for issues just like this. For the players that joined during the period of the bug being present, we've decided to roll back their Skyblock islands to Monday at 11am UTC, which means any changes made to islands, including progress after this time, will be lost.

We understand that this solution might upset those who have just started our Skyblock game mode, or have been 'grinding' to earn Skyblock coins; however, this is the best solution we have to fix corrupted data and works for the most amount of people. We're very sorry if this causes any inconvenience. This will help save months of lost progress for most users. This is ONLY for our Bedrock network.

In light of the partial rollback, we plan to activate a global ore generator booster which lasts for 48 hours in the near future, to help players that have missed progress get back up to speed. 🎉

We hope you understand and have a great rest of your day
my spawners are still not working but i broke one to replace it but i did not get it

Mar 23, 2022
Hello CubeCrafters,

What does this mean?

In light of the partial rollback, we plan to activate a global ore generator booster which lasts for 48 hours in the near future, to help players that have missed progress get back up to speed. 🎉

We hope you understand and have a great rest of your day.
Yeah I’ve logged back on after losing all 4 free spider spawners today and they still haven’t been returend to my account

Reactions: shinobi681

shinobi681

Mar 15, 2022
Bulgaria / UK
Pronouns
He/Him
They said contact via mail for unsolved problems.!! I did yesterday. They fixed my generetors/spawners. Returned missing items. Can proceed playing today (i hope) :D

Edit: Just logged in back from yesterday. Falty Generetors replaced and working properly. They gave me my generetors lost in the bug (when they became buttons), but not the one that I lost after the rollback (when generators didn't regenerate).

Directly to support : Read them emails more carefully please. Don't be shallow. We're counting on you.

*Hope I was of assistance to some of you, thru out these hard times, here and in the /hub <3

Hazard

Forum Extraordinaire
May 5, 2020
Liverpool, Merseyside
They said contact via mail for unsolved problems.!! I did yesterday. They fixed my generetors/spawners. Returned missing items. Can proceed playing today (i hope) :D

Edit: Just logged in back from yesterday. Falty Generetors replaced and working properly. They gave me my generetors lost in the bug (when they became buttons), but not the one that I lost after the rollback (when generators didn't regenerate).

Directly to support : Read them emails more carefully please. Don't be shallow. We're counting on you.

*Hope I was of assistance to some of you, thru out these hard times, here and in the /hub <3
Hi!

Due to the large number of tickets we have received regarding Skyblock lost spawners/generators, we are aiming to respond within 48-72 hours (Mon-Fri). To help us out, when emailing, please make sure you also provide your username, the generators lost, and the spawners as well as the level the spawners were at the time of being lost.

Thanks, and we appreciate your patience!

Last edited:

vinii

Oct 5, 2021
Hi, I can access to my island but I still have the same problem, generators and spawner don't works. I lost most of my generators.

Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

0ananastime0 wrote on Dreamer's profile.
Bro plz spare me😢
xHappyMood wrote on SanCookie's profile.
it did not add up to 424 😔
legendaryfox977 wrote on deoxyq's profile.
Happy birthday deo!
Guysss i got aceepted at university for Audiovisuals/Communications. 🥳🥳🥳
qKhalidd wrote on Muhh's profile.
:3
Top Bottom