Minecraft PC IP: play.cubecraft.net
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019
Hey!

When you catch a hacker on your recording, you would absolutely concider reporting it on https://reports.cubecraft.net/. But, for some people it's a problem. Like for me an exemple. I use a reccording app called Medal. it's easy to use. You can choose how many minutes you want it to save when you want to save it. I have mine on 5 minutes, which means that when I save it when pressing F12, it saves a short video for the past 5 minutes. I can easly edit it by cutting it down, so it's short and smooth for the mods to watch.

But it takes a few minutes for it load untill I can upload it. And then I have to upload it on youtube too which is also loading a while, 10 minutes would had passed. I don't wanna take away 10 minutes from playing on server. And my friends would be frustrated because I take so long. But I have to, because cubecraft only allowes videos from youtube. So I almost feel like letting the cheater or the bully go because I don't have time reporting them. If only there was an easier way to upload and report.

I don't completely understand why it has to be uplaoded on youtube. I mean... we all use different recording things, such as Medal, OBS studios or other platforms. Just uploading it only on youtube doesn't really make any sense. When recording on Medal, I can easly copy the link for the video and paste in in reports instead of taking ages to uploading on youtube. You don't even need an account to watch it. You can watch it as a guest (without account).

What I'm suggestion here is to allow videos from other platforms aswell. Such as Medal, Twich (not sure how it works but I guess it could work,,,, never used it), or other sites.
That would make the reporting much easier and faster. And more people would feel like reporting which would help the community to have a nice experience on the server. Because /report usally only works 1 out of 5 times. I've reported loads of hackers and cheaters, but only a few of them got banned. They either put of their hacks or the report expires because it "took too long for a mod to check it".

Please allow other platforms to upload videos on. That would make things much easier. (Especially Medal because I use it), lol.

Thank you for hearing me out! And I hope you support this suggestion!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    484.2 KB · Views: 119

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
I use Medal too and it's very annoying to upload to YouTube every time I need to report someone.
Allowing Medal would make things easier and faster when reporting! 😄

Reactions: Ibbex

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
Although not specifically allowed, if you put the link in the extra information part of the report and used a random YouTube video then that usually is fine. Good suggestion, I would just whitelist a few domains instead of allowing every site though. +1 from me!

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Although not specifically allowed, if you put the link in the extra information part of the report and used a random YouTube video then that usually is fine. Good suggestion, I would just whitelist a few domains instead of allowing every site though. +1 from me!
So always I need to report someone, should I put a random YouTube video?
That's a little weird and don't seems a solution to the problem, it's as easy as allowing Medal links to the video evidence.
I don't think it's very complicate to implement, right?

Technosword

Forum Expert
Apr 21, 2020
US
So always I need to report someone, should I put a random YouTube video?
That's a little weird and don't seems a solution to the problem, it's as easy as allowing Medal links to the video evidence.
I don't think it's very complicate to implement, right?
It could end up being pretty complicated, as the site only works with YouTube links. My solution is more of a temporary one :)

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019
I suppose only YouTube links are accepted because it is a platform that everyone knows and has access too, but I like your idea!
You can watch other platforms without owning an account yourself. You watch the video as "a guest". You won't be able to like or comment, but you can still watch it! <:

It could end up being pretty complicated, as the site only works with YouTube links. My solution is more of a temporary one :)
You can send links with Medal too. This is my friends video he used when he reported someone --> https://medal.tv/games/requested/clips/78w3fe44XweUN/d1337A7jf7cf?invite=cr-MSxyc0QsNDMwMDc0MjYs

Just press the link and you can watch it just as a youtube video.

Ofcorse you can't add every single platoform in the existense. But you could concider adding a few more option, since only having only 1 option (youtube) is very complicated for some people. =)

Ofcorse you can't add every single platoform in the existense. But you could concider adding a few more option, since only having only 1 option (youtube) is very complicated for some people. =)
I mean like having bad pc's for exemple. You need to upload the same video twice. Litterly takes twice the time. Just thought adding new ways could really help the community. Help me. Me and my friend wants to be Helper for Cubecraft Java edition one day. But having loads of successful reports on the site makes things complicated for us. And might be for other people aswell.

Last edited by a moderator:

BsA07

Novice Member
Jan 4, 2018
Hey!

When you catch a hacker on your recording, you would absolutely concider reporting it on https://reports.cubecraft.net/. But, for some people it's a problem. Like for me an exemple. I use a reccording app called Medal. it's easy to use. You can choose how many minutes you want it to save when you want to save it. I have mine on 5 minutes, which means that when I save it when pressing F12, it saves a short video for the past 5 minutes. I can easly edit it by cutting it down, so it's short and smooth for the mods to watch.

But it takes a few minutes for it load untill I can upload it. And then I have to upload it on youtube too which is also loading a while, 10 minutes would had passed. I don't wanna take away 10 minutes from playing on server. And my friends would be frustrated because I take so long. But I have to, because cubecraft only allowes videos from youtube. So I almost feel like letting the cheater or the bully go because I don't have time reporting them. If only there was an easier way to upload and report.

I don't completely understand why it has to be uplaoded on youtube. I mean... we all use different recording things, such as Medal, OBS studios or other platforms. Just uploading it only on youtube doesn't really make any sense. When recording on Medal, I can easly copy the link for the video and paste in in reports instead of taking ages to uploading on youtube. You don't even need an account to watch it. You can watch it as a guest (without account).

What I'm suggestion here is to allow videos from other platforms aswell. Such as Medal, Twich (not sure how it works but I guess it could work,,,, never used it), or other sites.
That would make the reporting much easier and faster. And more people would feel like reporting which would help the community to have a nice experience on the server. Because /report usally only works 1 out of 5 times. I've reported loads of hackers and cheaters, but only a few of them got banned. They either put of their hacks or the report expires because it "took too long for a mod to check it".

Please allow other platforms to upload videos on. That would make things much easier. (Especially Medal because I use it), lol.

Thank you for hearing me out! And I hope you support this suggestion!
Love it! I also use medal, and you get always mad at me when im uploading it to youtube. xD

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019
Ofcorse you can't add every website. I just wish for more options than just youtube 👍 There's alot of good websites to use, such as Medal :3 A few more options would be good! 😊

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019
Doesn't feel like the admins have seen this suggestion yet. But I hope they both have and want to add it ;-;

Ellie Williams

Forum Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
University of Eastern Colorado
I mean, Bedrock reports also allows any video link last I checked.
proceeds to rickroll

Reactions: Matriox

💀 Camgames 🎃

Aug 18, 2021
Only YouTube links should be allowed in order to not put the staff members at risk of a risky website or bad link

Amazinq

Forum Expert
Jul 12, 2021
Spain
Pronouns
He/Him
Only YouTube links should be allowed in order to not put the staff members at risk of a risky website or bad link
Of course you could not put any kind of links, only safe websites such as Medal.

Currently it only allows you to put Youtube links and this has to change. There are other secure websites that should be added as well!

Ibbex

Novice Member
Dec 3, 2019
Of course you could not put any kind of links, only safe websites such as Medal.

Currently it only allows you to put Youtube links and this has to change. There are other secure websites that should be added as well!
Indeed 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members Online

Team online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

help I haven't done ANYTHING I wanna do something:((((
JokeKaedee wrote on Thjis's profile.
Ty for following 🍪 ❤️
help I can't decide between drawing and writing
Aveezz The OG wrote on univesanand's profile.
Happy Birthday
Top Bottom